New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

i said by him saying what he said...tells me what he believes in his head....."im saved your not".....and you show me were i said "he doesnt have a right to say what he wants".....

If you did not say that he cannot say that as a governor, I apologize. I am not going to go back through the thread to prove you wrong because it is quite possible I am simply lumping you in with everyone else.

accepted Quantum.....and quit lumping me....:lol:

But lumping people makes life so much easier. Isn't that why you are lumping the governor with all those self righteous Christians, isn't it easier than figuring out if he is actually sincere?

That would depend on how you define bigotry. Harry has clearly demonstrated a personal prejudice against Christians, and is clinging to it despite it being pointed out that what was said was not what he thought it was. He is backing off a bit, but he is still acting like a bigot.

oh geezus .....i am talking about "CHRISTIANS"...who talk like this guy Quantum....i have said this a few times......the great majority of Christians dont talk like this guy...and please dont tell me that they do...........if that is bigotry against ALL Christians....then you are doing just what Dean does with Republicans....now how does that make you feel?.....to be compared to that ass?....

When you idiots start saying an elected official should be impeached for inviting non-believers to join his family in Christ, you're persecuting people for following their religion.

Dipshit.

First of all, don't be calling anyone a "dipshit", kiddo.

Secondly, what that nutcase said was not an "invitation" to become part of his religious family. It was a judgmental comment flung at people he doesn't even know and made assumptions about, and then at the end he threw in his version of a Jesus message.

FYI, people are fed up with religious kooks using their religions to kick innocent people in the face with, and then claim is some sort of "love". That guy's behavior and comments are most assuredly inappropriate and in my view even downright insane.

Who would even want to be part of his so-called "family"?? With a nut like that at the helm, only other nuts would sign on.

I don't often point out that people are dipshits, but I think I will make an exception here.

Tha man is a deacon at a Baptist church, and was speaking at another Baptist church. The only people being judgmental here are the dipshits who are insisting he was judging people by exercising his religion.

He most certainly was being judgmental with his generalized statement about other people and their faiths, people he doesn't even know, and he did it under the guise of religion. He wasn't talking tolerance. He was flinging a religious hammer and he most certainly is offensive EVEN IN A CHURCH SETTING.

So he's a Deacon. So what? That automatically excuses him when he takes unbridled liberties with ignorant comments? I don't think so. His ignorant comments happened to carry a covert threat complete with an open ended conclusion that could imply anything from a religious war to going to hell (which usually means creating hell for people you don't like) -- in case you didn't notice. And THAT crap does not belong in churches either.

Shame on the voters in this deal. A real nutcase has been elected, and that guy WILL at some point in time step way over the line. Watch and listen and I hope the FBI keeps an eye on that guy and his crazy "family of the faithful".

That would depend on how you define bigotry. Harry has clearly demonstrated a personal prejudice against Christians, and is clinging to it despite it being pointed out that what was said was not what he thought it was. He is backing off a bit, but he is still acting like a bigot.

oh geezus .....i am talking about "CHRISTIANS"...who talk like this guy Quantum....i have said this a few times......the great majority of Christians dont talk like this guy...and please dont tell me that they do...........if that is bigotry against ALL Christians....then you are doing just what Dean does with Republicans....now how does that make you feel?.....to be compared to that ass?....

OK, it is a bigotry against Evangelical Christians, all of whom not only talk that way, they think that way. Most of them happen to be sincere, and not only do not intend to offend, they would have no problem if you tried to convert them would listen respectfully. There is a small minority that are offensive and thin skinned, but I see no evidence that Bentley is like that.

One more time: call me when you can talk about individuals, rather than just tarring everyone with your "people like him" broad brush, BIGOT.

how i am TARRING everyone ......have i not said a few times...Christians who have this guys mindset,the holier than thou thing?.....the Majority of People who are "Christians" dont act or talk like that.....you Cecilie are the one frothing at the mouth......and for a caring loving Christian very hurtful......no wonder there were Holy Wars....

How is inviting non-believers to join the family of believers judgemental?

The majority of Christians DO act and talk like that, exactly like that.

He most certainly was being judgmental with his generalized statement about other people and their faiths, people he doesn't even know, and he did it under the guise of religion. He wasn't talking tolerance. He was flinging a religious hammer and he most certainly is offensive EVEN IN A CHURCH SETTING.

You really are trying to be a dipshit. He was not judging anyone, he was stating the underpinning of his faith. Beleive it or not, people do that kind of thing in churhces every day.

So he's a Deacon. So what? That automatically excuses him when he takes unbridled liberties with ignorant comments? I don't think so. His ignorant comments happened to carry a covert threat complete with an open ended conclusion that could imply anything from a religious war to going to hell (which usually means creating hell for people you don't like) -- in case you didn't notice. And THAT crap does not belong in churches either.

A deacon is a lay preacher. Being a deacon does not give him a free card to say whatever he wants, but people who are preachers quite often talk about their religion.

Shame on the voters in this deal. A real nutcase has been elected, and that guy WILL at some point in time step way over the line. Watch and listen and I hope the FBI keeps an eye on that guy and his crazy "family of the faithful".

Wow. I would ask if you feel the same way about Obama, but your name tells me all I need to know. I will have to say that none of your posts that I have seen have called for his impeachment because he believes in Jesus though, maybe you should add it to your rants.

OK, it is a bigotry against Evangelical Christians, all of whom not only talk that way, they think that way. Most of them happen to be sincere, and not only do not intend to offend, they would have no problem if you tried to convert them would listen respectfully. There is a small minority that are offensive and thin skinned, but I see no evidence that Bentley is like that.

it isn't bigotry to call someone on their bigotry.

It's called an INVITATION.

It's a standard of Christian worship.

"The call to follow Jesus is not an invitation to a funeral, or a cry-in, or to a life that’s somber or boring. It’s an invitation to a feast, to a banquet, to a celebration! It’s an invitation to the great feast of God’s love in Jesus!

Is that how you hear it? If not, what do you hear in Jesus’ invitation? A summons to a life of duty, a life of always having to do this and do that, and of never getting done? That’s not unusual for those of us who’ve been around the Christian church for a long time. We develop a duty-oriented view of following Jesus. Being a Christian means, we think, working at a list of thousands of responsibilities. But if that’s the way you hear it, somehow the wires got crossed, and the message screwed up. The invitation of the Bible is to a banquet, to a celebration, to the feast of God’s great love in Jesus. And once we attend that banquet, our whole attitude to following Jesus changes. Then serving Jesus becomes something we want to do because we’re are thrilled by the invitation to feast on God’s love! Please remember – all of you, including you children and young people – the invitation to follow Jesus is the invitation to a celebration!"

"When you accept it, you discover how awesome is the Host who invited you. And you’ll dance with joy that you received an invitation to the feast that never ends! God is the eternal host of love! Come! Come! Now! To the feast of God’s love! Amen."

There’s No Invitation Like It - Christian Reformed Church

Wow. What a nutcase! How hideously offensive!

Let's see if there are any other churches using such over-the-top CRAAAAAAZZZZYYYYY and offensive language!

Last edited:

it isn't bigotry to call someone on their bigotry.

It's bigotry to invite people who are physically in your church to join the family of God?

Wow. That's news to me..

Look...more of that CRAYZY talk, that extremist religious scary stuff! Help! Help! Help!

"God ’s family is composed of those persons who live or otherwise exist in a direct relationship with God. The head of this family is God, the Father. The other primary persons in this family are Jesus, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, exist and function as one triune unit who compose and manage everything about God’s family.

God’s family also includes individual human beings whom God has invited throughout history to share in a direct relationship with him and his Son and the Holy Spirit."

OMG, it's BIGOTRY PERSONIFIED! That lunatic fringer has dared to pass judgement on people who don't believe by saying...THEY DON'T BELONG TO THE FAMILY OF GOD!

Of course, if they don't belong to the family of God, one wonders why the hell they care, but nevermind that..this is some scary shit!

God's family

You really are trying to be a dipshit. He was not judging anyone, he was stating the underpinning of his faith. Beleive it or not, people do that kind of thing in churhces every day.

A deacon is a lay preacher. Being a deacon does not give him a free card to say whatever he wants, but people who are preachers quite often talk about their religion.

Wow. I would ask if you feel the same way about Obama, but your name tells me all I need to know. I will have to say that none of your posts that I have seen have called for his impeachment because he believes in Jesus though, maybe you should add it to your rants.

Listen you. Now you are assuming I have never been in a Baptist church or that I have no membership or understanding of Christianity. YOU are engaging in assumptions and generalities to support what you claim is simply a Statement of Faith when in fact it is no such thing. You can't even properly define a legit Statement of Faith. That is obvious. Most assuredly that ignoramus "Deacon" does not know what a Statement of Faith is either.

Have you ever read the Bible?? I don't think so pal. And I'm talking cover to cover not what you are supplied in the Quarterly.

The fact is, phony preachers and phony churches are indeed calling themselves "the Godly" when they are not. I most certainly do remember when Churches were Churches -- not entertainment centers or worse, havens for the insane and those who are using Churches for abhorrent political gains.

Your defense of that incident is pithy and only interesting in that it seems to define YOU and your approval of non-Biblical statements being made publically in church that are clearly adverse.

Perhaps you need to understand what Biblical means. The teachings of Christ never once, not one single time anywhere in the Bible or other historical documents EVER gushed the garbage that Deacon urped on that congregation. And if he did it standing in the pulpit, he violated yet another Biblical dictate, pal. Christ furthermore never behaved like a screaming slobbering idiot either.

The phony church thing is so bad now you can almost smell it.

So...he was out of line because he was speaking in a phony church?

I'm not in Kansas anymore...this is officially over the rainbow crap.

So...he was out of line because he was speaking in a phony church?

I'm not in Kansas anymore...this is officially over the rainbow crap.

No, you are out in la-la land. My posting was specifically about what the "Deacon" said and the implications.

I tend to doubt you'd even be welcome to chase your rainbow even in Kansas. They are about kooked out there.

Just what this country needs. Another idiot who doesn't believe in evolution or science in a position of authority.....

Why should science be in a "position of authority"? Science is a tool, no matter how much tools like you try to make it into a master.
and religion isnt a "tool " ?
its one of the most powerfull "tools "ever known to man ,has been used for centuries to enslave the "unwashed masses "

You didn't answer the question.

You actually think you are going to engage me in your sideline tactic? Why should I answer your question when you are simply engaging in a design or worse a question predicated on your lack of comprehension?

You read my posting again, kiddo. And read it again until you get it.

You didn't answer the question.

You actually think you are going to engage me in your sideline tactic? Why should I answer your question when you are simply engaging in a design or worse a question predicated on your lack of comprehension?

You read my posting again, kiddo. And read it again until you get it.

I do understand it.

Nice diversionary tactic. It won't work on me, though, newbie.

Listen you. Now you are assuming I have never been in a Baptist church or that I have no membership or understanding of Christianity. YOU are engaging in assumptions and generalities to support what you claim is simply a Statement of Faith when in fact it is no such thing. You can't even properly define a legit Statement of Faith. That is obvious. Most assuredly that ignoramus "Deacon" does not know what a Statement of Faith is either.

Listen me?

For your information, I am not assuming anything, I am just pointing out the the stupidity of your words. You keep saying he is judging people, I keep pointing out that he is not. How is that making any sort of assumption about you? I will admit to calling you a dipshit, but I that has nothing to do with you ever having been in a Baptist church, it is simply a statement of fact about what you are saying.

Have you ever read the Bible?? I don't think so pal. And I'm talking cover to cover not what you are supplied in the Quarterly.

I have, and I do not even know what you are talking about with the Quarterly. Who is making assumptions now?

The fact is, phony preachers and phony churches are indeed calling themselves "the Godly" when they are not. I most certainly do remember when Churches were Churches -- not entertainment centers or worse, havens for the insane and those who are using Churches for abhorrent political gains.

This is a fact? What makes them phony preachers? I did not notice anyone calling themselves the Godly. And, believe it or not, you are not old enough to remember when churches were churches. Churches have not been churches for close to 2000 years.

Your defense of that incident is pithy and only interesting in that it seems to define YOU and your approval of non-Biblical statements being made publically in church that are clearly adverse.

I am not defending anything, I have only pointed out that what he said is not only constitutional, it is not an attempt to force anything on anyone. It is quite possible to call an opinion about an event baseless without defending the underlying event. Somebody is making assumptions again.

Perhaps you need to understand what Biblical means. The teachings of Christ never once, not one single time anywhere in the Bible or other historical documents EVER gushed the garbage that Deacon urped on that congregation. And if he did it standing in the pulpit, he violated yet another Biblical dictate, pal. Christ furthermore never behaved like a screaming slobbering idiot either.

So? The teachings of Moses don't mention yarmalukes, but they are still integral to being Jewish. I never said what Bentley said was biblical, I said it was a statement of faith.

The phony church thing is so bad now you can almost smell it.

Maybe you should pay attention to what the Bible actually says yourself. It might make your rantings a little more coherant and intelligent. I doubt it, but it is possible.

Forum List

Back