New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

I saw this coming years ago. I knew it would just be a little bit of time before the left started saying people are restricted in what they can say in CHURCH.

It's all about them wanting to persecute people for their faith and shut down the churches.

Who is restricting what people can say in church? He has every right to say what he said....and we have every right to call him on it. He can ignore it or not....but don't go all "persecuted Christian" on us when we express our opinion.

When you idiots start saying an elected official should be impeached for inviting non-believers to join his family in Christ, you're persecuting people for following their religion.

Dipshit.

No reasonable person gives a hoot what someone else's religion is.

What does matter is when people use religion as a cover, a design from which they think they can launch hurtful agendas on others, and claim to do so in the name of God.

Everyone should be very suspicious when anyone makes judgmental comments that are religiously based.

That guy doesn't speak for God or Jesus, and he was way off mark alluding that only his view of faith is somehow Godly.

Every single time the country swings wildly back and forth and off balance, the religious extremists come crawling out of the woodwork banging Bibles. Right now in Europe the Vatican has imposed Vatican Law on the Europeans no matter if they are Catholic or not.

I dunno. Maybe the guy's heart is in the right place but his thinking sure isn't.

im not trying to restrict his rights....he can say what the fuck he wants....but if he says this shit to me....he gets my shit back at him...thats MY Constitutional Right......if that makes me a Hypocrite then you dont know what a Hypocrite is....if you have a problem with that, then you prove me wrong....

Yet you are the one who is saying he doesn't have a right to say what he wants because he is a governor.

it isn't about 'rights'. he has an absolute 'right' to be as ignorant as he wishes. what he doesn't have the 'right' to do is insert his own beliefs into his governorship in this manner.

If he had done that I would be right there with you denouncing him.

He isn't inserting his beliefs into his governorship if he's talking at CHURCH you fucking moronic fools.

Besides which, there is nothing in the constitution which states public officials cannot be guided by their religion. there's nothin that says they cannot refer to their religion and their beliefs, in their official capacity. The only thing they cannot do is pass laws which restrict others in the pursuit of their own religions, or punish people for not following a particular faith.

I'm so disheartened that we've bred up a whole generation of brain dead ignorami who think that OPPRESSING people in the pursuit of their religion and free speech is the same as PROTECTING freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

What nutcases, and how fucking depressing.

oh fucking bullshit.....if throws his shit at me i get to sling it back.....thats my right....you dont believe in that ...TOUGH SHIT....

You arguing with him is not going to be a problem for either of you, so I do not see why you would say that it will be his problem. It seems like it will actually be yours because you are the one that will be upset, and most Christians who would actually talk to you about this are more than used to getting yelled at. Some of us even look forward to it.

stay on the point you brought up.....you said his actions are protected by law.....so are mine.....if he gives me his holier than thou shit....i get to give him his judgemental bullshit right back at him....and i look forward to it...

You are the one that said he would have a problem if he talked to you. Believe it or not, that does not sound like you intend to reply by talking. If you just want to argue, feel free. If you actually want to give him problems, that is where you need to step back.

im not trying to restrict his rights....he can say what the fuck he wants....but if he says this shit to me....he gets my shit back at him...thats MY Constitutional Right......if that makes me a Hypocrite then you dont know what a Hypocrite is....if you have a problem with that, then you prove me wrong....

Yet you are the one who is saying he doesn't have a right to say what he wants because he is a governor.

i said by him saying what he said...tells me what he believes in his head....."im saved your not".....and you show me were i said "he doesnt have a right to say what he wants".....

If you did not say that he cannot say that as a governor, I apologize. I am not going to go back through the thread to prove you wrong because it is quite possible I am simply lumping you in with everyone else.

they all walked into that church of their own free will.
You mean like how people get on airplanes? :lol:

When speaking in an official capacity it is wrong to speak the words he spoke...that is all.

He was talking at a church, and is a deacon, what makes you think he was talking in some sort of official capacity?

Because she's a shrieking nutcase.

She will come back (or one of the others) with something like "once he was elected everything he does becomes "official" and then proceed to say why people who are Christian should either be prevented from taking office, or prevented from practicing their religion or speaking about it while in office.

I saw this coming years ago. I knew it would just be a little bit of time before the left started saying people are restricted in what they can say in CHURCH.

It's all about them wanting to persecute people for their faith and shut down the churches.

Who is restricting what people can say in church? He has every right to say what he said....and we have every right to call him on it. He can ignore it or not....but don't go all "persecuted Christian" on us when we express our opinion.

When you idiots start saying an elected official should be impeached for inviting non-believers to join his family in Christ, you're persecuting people for following their religion.

Dipshit.

First of all, don't be calling anyone a "dipshit", kiddo.

Secondly, what that nutcase said was not an "invitation" to become part of his religious family. It was a judgmental comment flung at people he doesn't even know and made assumptions about, and then at the end he threw in his version of a Jesus message.

FYI, people are fed up with religious kooks using their religions to kick innocent people in the face with, and then claim is some sort of "love". That guy's behavior and comments are most assuredly inappropriate and in my view even downright insane.

Who would even want to be part of his so-called "family"?? With a nut like that at the helm, only other nuts would sign on.

All public officials are required to toe the PC line as defined by liberals?

Well, let's imagine for a moment that the good Governor had mentioned his Islamic Brother's and Sisters.......

How would that have gone over?

I bet you think that was an original thought. As long as he was not doing it in any official capacity I would have no problem with a Muslim refering to other Muslims as brothers and sisters. Nor do I have a problem with a father putting his children above my concerns, as long as he does not put his family aboive his official duties at the expense of the rest of his constituents.

they all walked into that church of their own free will.
You mean like how people get on airplanes? :lol:

When speaking in an official capacity it is wrong to speak the words he spoke...that is all.

He was talking at a church, and is a deacon, what makes you think he was talking in some sort of official capacity?
a speech(sermon) at a church is not him acting in an official capacity
so i dont see why these people are getting all butt hurt that they are being treated as lesser citizens

Dipshit.

Secondly, what that nutcase said was not an "invitation" to become part of his religious family. It was a judgmental comment flung at people he doesn't even know and made assumptions about, and then at the end he threw in his version of a Jesus message.

FYI, people are fed up with religious kooks using their religions to kick innocent people in the face with, and then claim is some sort of "love". That guy's behavior and comments are most assuredly inappropriate and in my view even downright insane.

Who would even want to be part of his so-called "family"?? With a nut like that at the helm, only other nuts would sign on.

I'll call you a dipshit if I want, Kiddo.

Secondly, you're a fucking loon if you think that somebody witnessing, in their church, about their faith and INVITING NON-BELIEVERS in that church to join them is a nutcase, you've just written off the majority of the American people.

Your post is an example of the disgusting bigotry of the left. The only people insane are the retards and dipshits in this thread who think that having faith and inviting others to join the family of God is insanity. Every church in the nation invites people to their faith. Every sermon of every preacher in the world includes some sort of invitation or altar call.

And thank you for affirming you want to keep people out of power based upon their religion. That's as perfect as people who want to keep ********* in their place, isn't it?

well for you to be so defencive tells me ...you must be the same way.....and im not "BUTT-HURT" by this guy not thinking of me as his Brother.....people like him and me wont get along.....so i can give a rats ass.....

Well, for you to be so antagonistic tells me I'm right about you being an ignorant, knee-jerk bigot. You can claim all you like that you're not butt-hurt, but you wouldn't be in here frothing at the mouth about religious people and "hypocrites" - a topic no one has even mentioned relating to Bentley - if you weren't. So tell me again how you feel the need to rail against "people like him" in every single post because you don't give a rat's ass. I'll be happy to call you a hate-filled, bigoted liar every time you do.

Funny how people get "defencive" when they're attacked. Even funnier how that tells you anything about me except that I get fucking tired of people like YOU.

One more time: call me when you can talk about individuals, rather than just tarring everyone with your "people like him" broad brush, BIGOT.

I am an extremely liberal Democrat and Harry is not. Our beliefs are different. So believe me, Harry is not a bigot. And I think he's right, in this instance. That governor is an ass and just as bigoted as the day is long. Not Harry. I think your logic is very convoluted.

That would depend on how you define bigotry. Harry has clearly demonstrated a personal prejudice against Christians, and is clinging to it despite it being pointed out that what was said was not what he thought it was. He is backing off a bit, but he is still acting like a bigot.

No reasonable person gives a hoot what someone else's religion is.

What does matter is when people use religion as a cover, a design from which they think they can launch hurtful agendas on others, and claim to do so in the name of God.

Everyone should be very suspicious when anyone makes judgmental comments that are religiously based.

That guy doesn't speak for God or Jesus, and he was way off mark alluding that only his view of faith is somehow Godly.

Every single time the country swings wildly back and forth and off balance, the religious extremists come crawling out of the woodwork banging Bibles. Right now in Europe the Vatican has imposed Vatican Law on the Europeans no matter if they are Catholic or not.

I dunno. Maybe the guy's heart is in the right place but his thinking sure isn't.
You can read minds?

This isn't indicative of religious extremism. It's a standard, by the book invitation. I've heard the exact same thing in Methodist, Catholic, Lutheran and Baptist churches, every single time I've stepped into one.

Dipshit.

I don't often point out that people are dipshits, but I think I will make an exception here.

Tha man is a deacon at a Baptist church, and was speaking at another Baptist church. The only people being judgmental here are the dipshits who are insisting he was judging people by exercising his religion.

One more time: call me when you can talk about individuals, rather than just tarring everyone with your "people like him" broad brush, BIGOT.

how i am TARRING everyone ......have i not said a few times...Christians who have this guys mindset,the holier than thou thing?.....the Majority of People who are "Christians" dont act or talk like that.....you Cecilie are the one frothing at the mouth......and for a caring loving Christian very hurtful......no wonder there were Holy Wars....

how i am TARRING everyone ......have i not said a few times...Christians who have this guys mindset,the holier than thou thing?.....the Majority of People who are "Christians" dont act or talk like that.....you Cecilie are the one frothing at the mouth......and for a caring loving Christian very hurtful......no wonder there were Holy Wars....
i still dont see what you think was so wrong in what he said given the context and the event in question

You are the one that said he would have a problem if he talked to you. Believe it or not, that does not sound like you intend to reply by talking. If you just want to argue, feel free. If you actually want to give him problems, that is where you need to step back.

hang on Shirely.....im not going to pummel the guy....geezus.....:lol:

i said by him saying what he said...tells me what he believes in his head....."im saved your not".....and you show me were i said "he doesnt have a right to say what he wants".....

If you did not say that he cannot say that as a governor, I apologize. I am not going to go back through the thread to prove you wrong because it is quite possible I am simply lumping you in with everyone else.

accepted Quantum.....and quit lumping me....:lol:

Forum List

Back