New Orleans Style Tunes...

Any one yet on Dr John?

you guys can play but do you know Dr. John?

He's okay, but not my favorite. "big Chief" was the Professor's song.

I am just so thrilled for you and your parents. Really? I'm doing cartwheels well sort of

You rock it. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to tell my husband. He's University of Toronto.

He knows what it means. I am so proud of you. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle.

Good for you. And bless your parents.

Any one yet on Dr John?

you guys can play but do you know Dr. John?

I am just so thrilled for you and your parents. Really? I'm doing cartwheels well sort of

You rock it. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to tell my husband. He's University of Toronto.

He knows what it means. I am so proud of you. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle.

Oh thanks. I graduated last may and am an Emergency Medicine resident now.

Oh thanks. I graduated last may and am an Emergency Medicine resident now.

You have the best of souls. We may be different politically, but our hearts are the same. Somewhere there will be a middle. :eusa_angel: All we have to do is find it.

Congratulations though. It's no easy task.

Now Dr. John.....who knows him? I think Dr. John's like the best. Bill back off lets see if some young ones know him.

Let's see if anyone gets him. Man I love him to death. But then that's me.

been more'n 24 hours... ken ah post sumpin' now...?

here's the first coupla Dr. John tunes I ever heard...

on a late-night clear channel AM radio station outta Little Rock (KAAY) back in the late 60's...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvdO3l4_P8]Dr. John - I Walk On Guilded Splinters - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4J8VrprrGE]Dr. John - Gris-Gris Gumbo Ya Ya - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
There is this one chick though that I heard. Zydeco is so wild I love it to death. I heard this one chick man she just kills tunes.

I think her name is Rosie Ledet pardon spelling. Man she rocks. But then that's the point of zydeco. It's killer. It's the wildest. I love it. It's crazy.

hate to be the one to hafta educate you, td...

but zydeco ain't a N'awlins sound...

it comes from the prairie part of cajun country...

'bout a hunnert 'n fifty miles west of NOLA...

E

yeah, sure... the song's about sumpin' that happened down around N'awlins...

but that there's hillbilly music, pure and simple... it ain't in no way a N'awlins style tune... :)

Hells bells did you even get banned from this place? Oh I love you Bill so much.

I'm just so glad to see you again.

td...! dang if you ain't a sight for sore eyes... :eusa_dance:

There is this one chick though that I heard. Zydeco is so wild I love it to death. I heard this one chick man she just kills tunes.

I think her name is Rosie Ledet pardon spelling. Man she rocks. But then that's the point of zydeco. It's killer. It's the wildest. I love it. It's crazy.

I know your swamp. Check what I posted again. They don't even know the difference between cajun and creole. what a sin.

By the way. Just for fun. Is your momma catholic?

And Lord Almighty forgive me. But I had to ask. :eusa_angel:

E
yeah, sure... the song's about sumpin' that happened down around N'awlins...

but that there's hillbilly music, pure and simple... it ain't in no way a N'awlins style tune... :)

Hells bells did you even get banned from this place? Oh I love you Bill so much.

Where have you been? I missed you so. I mean that with all my heart. You are an anchor that we can run to when we get too serious.

Stay with us. I love you Bill. Stay. Please stay.

I know your swamp. Check what I posted again. They don't even know the difference between cajun and creole. what a sin.

By the way. Just for fun. Is your momma catholic?

And Lord Almighty forgive me. But I had to ask. :eusa_angel:

yep... my mom's catholic... her mom was a catholic who happened to marry a presbyterian fella... but 'a course she raised her daughter in the cat'lick faith 'cause that's how it was done back then...

and btw, my mom's mom was a Swayze... which is the point on my side where you and I are connected by blood... :)

E

Where have you been? I missed you so. I mean that with all my heart. You are an anchor that we can run to when we get too serious.

Stay with us. I love you Bill. Stay. Please stay.

regardless of distance and time, I've always been nearby, td...

ever since I passed your way nearly 40 years ago, travellin' from Kamloops to Calgary... ;-)

Forum List

Back