New Orleans Ranks as Most Violent U.S. City, Study Finds

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans ranks as the most violent U.S. city, with more than 19,000 reported crimes and 208 murders in 2007, according to a study released Monday.

The study published by CQ Press, the book publishing arm of Congressional Quarterly, examined six categories — homicide, rape, burglary, robbery, aggravated assault and motor vehicle theft.

The rankings include all cities of at least 75,000 residents that reported crime data to the FBI in those crime categories for 2007.

"Based on a per capita basis, New Orleans has the No. 1 crime ranking using FBI statistics," said CQ spokesman Ben Krasney.

FOXNews.com - New Orleans Ranks as Most Violent U.S. City, Study Finds - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

In homicides, New Orleans had 94.7 per 100,000 population, compared to the overall national average of 5.6 per 100,000 and to Gary, Indiana, ranked second with 73.2 per 100,000.

didn't they go through and confiscate all the guns post Katrina? where are all the criminals getting these guns???? sarcasam alert! :eek:

wow, I am kind of surprised by this.

THe way the city came together and people cooperated after Katrina was awe inspiring.

I mean, if shooting at choppers and taking flat screens in 12 feet of water doesn't define safe city, then perhaps we are setting the bar a little too high.

wow, I am kind of surprised by this.

THe way the city came together and people cooperated after Katrina was awe inspiring.

I mean, if shooting at choppers and taking flat screens in 12 feet of water doesn't define safe city, then perhaps we are setting the bar a little too high.

they emptied out a whole cadillac dealership too.. Hey! at least they stole American :lol:

sometimes I crack me the hell up! :lol::lol:

see thats how stupid people are, if I am in that situation, i ain't stealing a caddy. i am stealing a yacht and sailing my ass out of there

well when you use taco shells to reinforce the levy's, it can never have a positive outcome

Forum List

Back