War on Christmas

yea yea yea... you are not the only belief system with a holiday during this time of year, dogma junkie. We've already won; go ask Retail store greeters all about it.

yea yea yea... you are not the only belief system with a holiday during this time of year, dogma junkie. We've already won; go ask Retail store greeters all about it.

newp! we don't shop for Holiday's if they don't say Christmas they can stuff it!

This is all a matter of people getting worked up over style and outward presentation rather than substance.

Religious views are intensely personal, and anyone who is in any way impacted by whether or not a retailer says Christmas, or Holidays, or anything at all has completely overlooked the fundamentally important aspects of the holiday and has instead focused on shallow cultural lip service to the holiday.

No one whose religious faith is worth a nickel will give a damn about this.

This is all a matter of people getting worked up over style and outward presentation rather than substance.

Religious views are intensely personal, and anyone who is in any way impacted by whether or not a retailer says Christmas, or Holidays, or anything at all has completely overlooked the fundamentally important aspects of the holiday and has instead focused on shallow cultural lip service to the holiday.

then let's do away with Rhamadan watchyasay?

then let's do away with Rhamadan watchyasay?

Who said anything about doing away with something? Are you sure you read my post correctly? The point is, your religious faith should not be the least bit impacted by whether WalMart chooses to give it lip service or not.

newp! we don't shop for Holiday's if they don't say Christmas they can stuff it!

fair enough.. go take your business somewhere other than the entire range of major retailers who are not about to stop wishing non-christians happy holidays just because you think you own the fucking season.

Never said I was. I just don't want Christmas and Christ ousted by kooks who think God doesn't exist or should not be mentioned. Christmas isn't a holiday, it's a Holyday. You haven't won anything.

fair enough.. go take your business somewhere other than the entire range of major retailers who are not about to stop wishing non-christians happy holidays just because you think you own the fucking season.

never said I owned it.. Christians celebrate Christmas as the birth of Christ. You retailers wanna say holiday. go for it.. I don't have to shop for anything. that's not what Christmas is about after all.. shopping or not shopping bothers me not at all.

Never said I was. I just don't want Christmas and Christ ousted by kooks who think God doesn't exist or should not be mentioned. Christmas isn't a holiday, it's a Holyday. You haven't won anything.

but you should let them think they have,, makes em all happy and stuff.

psssssssst...you can't say holiday because the definition of holiday is holy day ya friggiin moron.

:rofl:

Etymology:Middle English, from Old English hāligdæg, from hālig holy + dæg day

This is one of the silliest discussions every year. No one is "winning" or "losing" anything. Businesses are trying to appeal to the broadest customer base, and they figure Holidays includes everyone. Normally, trying to appeal to more customers is a good idea in business. In this case, though, you get some people who try to backlash against it. The whole thing is stupid. If a business can cater to more people rather than fewer, they ought to do it. Pro-business conservatives ought to understand the concept.

Translation: this idiots that declare there is a "war on Christmas" every year are complete fucking morons.

This is one of the silliest discussions every year. No one is "winning" or "losing" anything. Businesses are trying to appeal to the broadest customer base, and they figure Holidays includes everyone. Normally, trying to appeal to more customers is a good idea in business. In this case, though, you get some people who try to backlash against it. The whole thing is stupid. If a business can cater to more people rather than fewer, they ought to do it. Pro-business conservatives ought to understand the concept.

business can do what they wanna do.. I don't shop, won't shop, don't like shopping. so youse guys have a holiday and we will have Christmas. Christmas at my house is all about family, food, sharing and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.. I don't give a flip what Wal mart wants. Now is everybody all hunky dory happy? good. next!

business can do what they wanna do.. I don't shop, won't shop, don't like shopping. so youse guys have a holiday and we will have Christmas. Christmas at my house is all about family, food, sharing and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.. I don't give a flip what Wal mart wants. Now is everybody all hunky dory happy? good. next!

So...that's the way it ought to be. Why were you chiming in on the "omg it's a war on Christmas" side, then?

Forum List

Back