New Obama Ad

They need to run this ad in a continuous loop on Florida television stations.

I'm in Florida and I hope they do keep running it (just like I hope they keep running the ad where they attempt to tie McCain to Limbaugh on immigration). Why? Because it's blatantly false and easy to prove so (as is the McCain/Limbaugh immigation ad).

Sure both ads can have short term positive effects for the Obama campaign. But long term, as both ads are obviously designed to purposely deceive, it will backfire as Obama's whole candidacy is based on being a new kind of politician.

The problem is both ads assume people are stupid. And some are. But many more are not.

Don't believe me? Even left leaning Factcheck.org has this article up on its' web site: "A new Obama ad characterizes the "Bush-McCain privatization plan" as "cutting Social Security Benefits in half." This is a falsehood sure to frighten seniors who rely on their Social Security checks. In truth, McCain does not propose to cut those checks at all. " Full Story Here

Note: I considered voting for Obama until he misrepresented McCain's position on Iraq in regards to staying there for "100 years". At that point Obama became just another politician to me. I suspect I am not alone on this.

Last edited:
I'm in Florida and I hope they do keep running it (just like I hope they keep running the ad where they attempt to tie McCain to Limbaugh on immigration). Why? Because it's blatantly false and easy to prove so (as is the McCain/Limbaugh immigation ad).

Sure both ads can have short term positive effects for the Obama campaign. But long term, as both ads are obviously designed to purposely deceive, it will backfire as Obama's whole candidacy is based on being a new kind of politician.

The problem is both ads assume people are stupid. And some are. But many more are not.

Don't believe me? Even left leaning Factcheck.org has this article up on its' web site: "A new Obama ad characterizes the "Bush-McCain privatization plan" as "cutting Social Security Benefits in half." This is a falsehood sure to frighten seniors who rely on their Social Security checks. In truth, McCain does not propose to cut those checks at all. " Full Story Here

Note: I considered voting for Obama until he misrepresented McCain's position on Iraq in regards to staying there for "100 years". At that point Obama became just another politician to me. I suspect I am not alone on this.

Since when do ads need to be truthful? Republicans complaining about lack of truth are such losers.

One big mistake Obama makes is assuming Mexicans,Cubans,Latino's etc are politically stupid. I live in a state with a HUGE Mexican population and believe me they are very informed on all issues that concern them and politically savy. They don't just hang around waiting for the wise one to manipulate them. Lots of them are life long ranchers and buisness owners. They are not stupid little sheeple waiting to be herded to "Rancho Demo". That also includes our states HUGE Native American population. Figures Dems put these minorities in a box labled "naive and easlily led"

Sorry Obots.

Last edited:
One big mistake Obama makes is assuming Mexicans,Cubans,Latino's etc are politically stupid. I live in a state with a HUGE Mexican population and believe me they are very informed on all issues that concern them and politically savy. They don't just hang around waiting for the wise one to manipulate them. Lots of them are life long ranchers and buisness owners. They are not stupid little sheeple waiting to be herded to "Rancho Demo". That also includes our states HUGE Native American population. Figures Dems put these minorities in a box labled "naive and easlily led"

Sorry Obots.

That's why they are going for Obama.

Survey shows strong support for Obama, Democrats among Hispanics

09:30 AM CDT on Thursday, September 18, 2008
By GROMER JEFFERS JR. / The Dallas Morning News

Democrats and Barack Obama enjoy increasingly strong support with Hispanic voters, according to a new survey released Thursday.

The study, released by the Pew Hispanic Center, shows 65 percent of Latino registered voters identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, while 26 percent identify with or lean toward the GOP.

The 39-point gap is the largest observed in the past decade, the survey says, and comes at a time when both candidates are working hard to woo Hispanic voters in the critical Southwest battleground states and Florida.

Survey shows strong support for Obama, Democrats among Hispanics | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | National Politics

Well Kirk, I know Demos always assume hispanics HAVE to vote for them ,however one of their leaders came out recently in support of McCain. You will see more of the same before the election is over....

PUMA Power: Hillary Supporter & Hispanic Leader Miguel D. Lausell Endorses McCain

Snip

As Barack Obama and John McCain battle for the Hispanic vote, a leading Latino backer of Hillary Clinton is crossing party lines to support the Republican presidential nominee.

In an interview Thursday, Miguel D. Lausell, a Puerto Rican businessman and longtime Democratic activist and fund-raiser, came out for Sen. McCain. While he said he doesn't agree with all the policy positions of the Republican candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, Mr. Lausell added: "I find McCain to be a sound person and a man with a track record. I know where he is coming from." Mr. Lausell had been a major backer of Bill Clinton and served as a senior political adviser to Sen. Clinton's unsuccessful bid this year for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Mr. Lausell said he feels Sen. Obama "doesn't really regard the Hispanic community as important."
Gateway Pundit: PUMA Power: Hillary Supporter & Hispanic Leader Miguel D. Lausell Endorses McCain

Or do obots consider them intelligent apparently ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back