Toby Keith backs Obama

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
"There's a big part of America that really believes that there is a war on terrorism, and that we need to finish up. So I thought it was beautiful the other day when Obama went to Afghanistan and got educated about Afghanistan and Iraq. He came back and said some really nice things. So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/ENT04/809110323/1039/ENT04

That's what it means to you because you aren't patriotic.

Patriotism means being willing to commit to something bigger than yourself, and to appreciate the sacrifice of the men and women who have given their lives to keep you free.

*rae* Look up it's origins and roots. It's nothing to do with America and everything to do with being a slave.

youtube
com
/
view_play_list
?p=62BDB477F81640F3

Here's a good explanation of what 'patriotism' is dong to our country. P&T explain it well.

*rae* Look up it's origins and roots. It's nothing to do with America and everything to do with being a slave.

youtube
com
/
view_play_list
?p=62BDB477F81640F3

Here's a good explanation of what 'patriotism' is dong to our country. P&T explain it well.

lightning_in_a_bottle.jpg

"There's a big part of America that really believes that there is a war on terrorism, and that we need to finish up. So I thought it was beautiful the other day when Obama went to Afghanistan and got educated about Afghanistan and Iraq. He came back and said some really nice things. So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/ENT04/809110323/1039/ENT04

Having personally met Toby Keith, I can assure you that he's a giant douchebag and I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

I hate that word, patriotism, it means to follow blindly and has nothing to do with what being American is.

"Citizens by birth or choice, of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of AMERICAN, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of Patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations. George Washington.

George William Curtis:
"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."

"The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." Mark Twain

Want me to go on? someone can most assuredly be a patriot and love their country and if that is the foundation for what being an American for them is, then who are you to judge that? It seems the man our capitol is named after tends to disagree with you a little.

On the Original topic of this thread, Toby Kieth in the article said he is a life long democrat . so this is shocking for what reason? Now if he has said he has never voted for a democrat in his life and is voting for Obama and I did read it three times and didn't see that anywhere, that would have been a pretty good surprise.

Having personally met Toby Keith, I can assure you that he's a giant douchebag and I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

he was all the cons hero when he was putting a boot up the ass ...etc and dissing natalie and the dixie chicks.....but suddenly....he is just a douchebag ....real objective there...and i am sure you have met him at some backstage pass thing? Do you really consider your few minutes of fame, enough to judge a person like this?

he was all the cons hero when he was putting a boot up the ass ...etc and dissing natalie and the dixie chicks.....but suddenly....he is just a douchebag ....real objective there...and i am sure you have met him at some backstage pass thing? Do you really consider your few minutes of fame, enough to judge a person like this?

Yep I hated that song and his dissing of the Dixie Chicks, very low rent. But maybe he's thought it through.

God you're annoying. I don't think he's a douchebag just because he backs Obama. His backing of Obama only makes his douchebaggery worse.

First of all, I'm not a conservative. Second, I supported the Dixie Chicks when the country turned against them. Third, you have no fucking clue who I did and did not support in the past, stop making assumptions. It makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Finally, I met Toby Keith when he came into the bank I worked at. One of our senior loan officers worked for the University of Oklahoma, and he knew Toby Keith. Toby was in town one day and came in to see him. He was a colossal douche, and Bob (the loan officer) confirmed that after Toby left.

So, in short, you know nothing, so ask questions before you make assumptions.

Forum List

Back