New Obama ad: What I meant was...

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I guess that he can't spin it to so he didn't say what he said, so now he wants to spin to say he agrees with everyone who pointed out how wrong he was.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yK5NakN2o"]"Always" - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube[/ame]

Bwahaha a politician taking the time and money to invest in an ad whining about their words being twisted...someone tell him to stop pretending to be a virgin.:lol:

The wing nut brigade is annoyed that Obama isnt stupidly allowing their deception and lies to go unchecked.

They must miss John Kerry.

The wing nut brigade is annoyed that Obama isnt stupidly allowing their deception and lies to go unchecked.

First he says he didn't say it, now he say he meant something he didn't say, yet I am crazy because I keep demanding he say what he means and mean what he says.

First he says he didn't say it, now he say he meant something he didn't say, yet I am crazy because I keep demanding he say what he means and mean what he says.

The problem, as I see it, is that Obama talks to different groups and he has a different message for each. He forgets that when he speaks to each group, other people outside of the group will also hear it.

He tells Hispanics he wants to grant amnesty and reform immigration laws, then tells others that he wants to get tough on illegal immigration and has deported more illegals than anyone.

Liberals go out of their way to force companies to offer fair wages and benefits to illegals, then bash companies for hiring them. They want laws to punish employers for hiring illegals, then prevent companies from complying with the law by not allowing them to check the status of applicants.

He tells government dependents that the wealthy is to blame for their ills and then kisses the wealthy people's butts and wants them to give money to his campaign.

He was telling that group of people what they wanted to hear. Wealthy people are evil because they use other people and profit from it. He got so carried away that he forgot that the business creators would hear it, too.

Now, he needs more campaign donations and the government dependents aren't much help in that respect. So, he has to talk to business owners and make them believe he didn't really mean it. Then, after they donate, he'll go back to the other group and tell them him really did mean it.

And there are people who will believe what he said today even though it's the exact opposite of what he said yesterday.

Last edited:
You guys did take it out of context. Your point?

OK, here is his speech.

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

Obama is now claiming that when he said:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

What he meant was "We have to stand behind small business."

Go ahead and try to twist his words in a way that makes his claim make sense. Be sure to actually use quotes from his speech, like Romney did when he twisted them, to make it look really good.

I'll wait. :popcorn:

Forum List

Back