New Jersey and You --- Perfect Together?

What about the other side of NJ back then? The Mafia, the political corruption, gays in the closet, blacks as 2nd class citizens?

Things were far from the idyllic fantasy that you are pretending that it was for a lot of people in NJ.

It was better overall than it is today. Jersey is a shit hole.

Parts of it are and other parts are really nice. Same as every other state in the union IMO.
I hear parts of it are overrun with bears.

I sure wish NJ could give LA a few thousand.

Thing is, they think we have some special breed of bears here, and don't want them polluted with NJ bear genes.

I'd feel the same way if one of my sons dated a Jersey Girl.

I think if you son met the young lady in church and waited until they were married to have relations they would at least likely be marrying for the right reasons. Not all "Jersey" girls are bimbos --- just like not all California "girls" are "Valley" girls. :funnyface:

What about the other side of NJ back then? The Mafia, the political corruption, gays in the closet, blacks as 2nd class citizens?

Things were far from the idyllic fantasy that you are pretending that it was for a lot of people in NJ.

Parts of it are and other parts are really nice. Same as every other state in the union IMO.
I hear parts of it are overrun with bears.

I sure wish NJ could give LA a few thousand.

Thing is, they think we have some special breed of bears here, and don't want them polluted with NJ bear genes.

I'd feel the same way if one of my sons dated a Jersey Girl.

I think if you son met the young lady in church and waited until they were married to have relations they would at least likely be marrying for the right reasons. Not all "Jersey" girls are bimbos --- just like not all California "girls" are "Valley" girls. :funnyface:

NO.

NO JERSEY GIRLS IN MY FAMILY!!!!!

NEVER!!!!!

Jersey shore and the club scene was smokin' in the '70's. Full contact football without equipment every Sun. on the banks of the Cooper River. Canoeing the Jersey Pine Barrens in the summer. Jersey was great!

It is like the only state I never heard a good thing about.

Is there anything good about Jersey?

I am stumped.

Let me put it this way, where I live I am surrounded by preserved farmland and historic places. I can sit outside on a Summer's evening and only hear the birds and yet I am about an hour from NYC if I want to catch a Broadway show. The schools in my district are in the top nationwide. The jobs around here pay well and there is a great gym down the road where I went swimming this morning. It is a nice balance between rural and city life and I like it.

Jersey shore and the club scene was smokin' in the '70's. Full contact football without equipment every Sun. on the banks of the Cooper River. Canoeing the Jersey Pine Barrens in the summer. Jersey was great!

Alas, all good things must come to an end, leaving behind nothing but the trash.

url

I am stumped.

Let me put it this way, where I live I am surrounded by preserved farmland and historic places. I can sit outside on a Summer's evening and only hear the birds and yet I am about an hour from NYC if I want to catch a Broadway show. The schools in my district are in the top nationwide. The jobs around here pay well and there is a great gym down the road where I went swimming this morning. It is a nice balance between rural and city life and I like it.
I got no problem with that.

I hope all Jerseyites are satisfied and stay there.

Especially Chris Christie.

All that shit you mentioned ( save the weird religious tones )was fucked up by Reaganomics. True story.
LOL. You guys really are clowns.

I left Joisey in '76. I hated it. Family is there and I've periodically visited, I am damn glad I left. The only problem I've ever had with police was in NJ. The last time some retard with a badge kept patting his pistol as he ordered me to move along a public sidewalk for taking a photo of the historic prison in town.

Auto inspection was an all day affair. I couldn't ride my motorcycle on the Parkway. It's too crowded and flat anyway.

I am stumped.

I got no problem with that.

I hope all Jerseyites are satisfied and stay there.

Especially Chris Christie.

I suspect that Christie's presidential aspirations will be a "bridge too far" if his senior aids are in court this year.

All that shit you mentioned ( save the weird religious tones )was fucked up by Reaganomics. True story.

I left Joisey in '76. I hated it. Family is there and I've periodically visited, I am damn glad I left. The only problem I've ever had with police was in NJ. The last time some retard with a badge kept patting his pistol as he ordered me to move along a public sidewalk for taking a photo of the historic prison in town.

Auto inspection was an all day affair. I couldn't ride my motorcycle on the Parkway. It's too crowded and flat anyway.

Auto inspection now is at most one hour. DMV lines are way shorter. Some things have improved and no, I won't ride a motorcycle in NJ because I value my life.

Auto inspection now is at most one hour. DMV lines are way shorter. Some things have improved and no, I won't ride a motorcycle in NJ because I value my life.
I value mine too and didn't have any trouble until I moved to California where I had people try to run over me, on the freeway, with wife and kids in the car.

Massachusetts is bracing for a blizzard of (if you believe the TV hype) of Biblical proportions. Meanwhile, in Anchorage, Alaska it's 11 degrees and the brilliant sunshine has sublimated most of the snow.

Maybe there IS justice yet on Earth!

Massachusetts is bracing for a blizzard of (if you believe the TV hype) of Biblical proportions. Meanwhile, in Anchorage, Alaska it's 11 degrees and the brilliant sunshine has sublimated most of the snow.

Maybe there IS justice yet on Earth!

it's 70 degrees here in Vegas right now. I've got my patio door open

Auto inspection now is at most one hour. DMV lines are way shorter. Some things have improved and no, I won't ride a motorcycle in NJ because I value my life.[/QUOTE]
The reason the lines are shorter and faster is because all the DMV now inspects for is POLUTION CONTROL! They could care less about having safe vehicles on the road ---- only smokeless ones.

The reason the lines are shorter and faster is because all the DMV now inspects for is POLUTION CONTROL! They could care less about having safe vehicles on the road ---- only smokeless ones.
That's interesting. They used to check everything, turn signals, tire tread, brakes, etc. They there would be a service station right across the street. No way in hell there wasn't a little payola going on for the choice location.

Forum List

Back