New Immigration Bill In Works

We don't need to cut our legal immigration levels. It is sad that the Republican Party chooses to side with extremists. This will go nowhere because Democrats and sane Republicans will say no.

A merit-based skilled worker system is the logical way forward. Our Immigration System is broken. The current system doesn't help or enhance American Citizens' lives. It's only placing incredible burdens on them. It is time for change. So Kudos to Trump. :thup:

Wow! Finally a President effectively addressing our ongoing Immigration System nightmare. Good on Trump bigtime. :clap::clap:

President Trump on Wednesday teamed up with two conservative Republican senators to roll out new legislation aimed at dramatically curbing legal immigration to the United States, a key Trump campaign promise.

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) have been working with White House officials to revise and expand a bill released earlier this year that would halve the number of people who receive legal permanent residence over a decade.

The senators joined Trump at a White House ceremony to announce the measure.

The president told reporters in the Roosevelt Room that the measure “would represent the most significant reform to our immigration system in a half a century."

They say the legislation would move the United States to a "merit-based" immigration system and away from the current model, which is largely based on family ties...

Read More:
Trump, GOP senators unveil measure to cut legal immigration
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
You realize the same bill was introduced in Februrary and went NOWHERE in the Senate? Winning indeed. LOL

Those who oppose this, don't support American Citizen interests. They're Un-American Globalist scum.

Wow! Finally a President effectively addressing our ongoing Immigration System nightmare. Good on Trump bigtime. :clap::clap:

President Trump on Wednesday teamed up with two conservative Republican senators to roll out new legislation aimed at dramatically curbing legal immigration to the United States, a key Trump campaign promise.

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) have been working with White House officials to revise and expand a bill released earlier this year that would halve the number of people who receive legal permanent residence over a decade.

The president told reporters in the Roosevelt Room that the measure “would represent the most significant reform to our immigration system in a half a century."

They say the legislation would move the United States to a "merit-based" immigration system and away from the current model, which is largely based on family ties...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

The legislation would eliminate immigration preferences currently given to extended family members and adult children of U.S. citizens seeking green cards, and it would cap the number of accepted refugees at 50,000 — half of the Obama administration’s target for 2017.

So would this mean that Melania's parents couldn't get a visa?

Frankly, I am not surprised by this proposal nor am I outraged. I think that visa preferences for family members is a good thing but its not a deal breaker for me.

Requiring English is okay with me. Giving preferences to those with skills sounds like a great idea- to anyone other than an American with those skills. But I get the idea and generally support it.

I thought the white Christi

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Here I thought the white Christian Evans were pro family and the family unit. Those Chinese elites that Kushner family wants in to buy his apts , can they bring their spoiled brats??

The Chinese Education System is actually excellent. Most Chinese won't have any problems meeting this new merit-based skilled worker standard.
High tech companies, if not allowed to hire foreigners in America, would simply transplant themselves in those foreign countries so it would be pointless to try to stop them from doing it.

It's a desperately much-needed overhaul. It is time for change. A merit-based skilled worker system is the logical way forward. The current system is backwards and broken. It's not helping or enhancing American Citizens' lives. It's only placing more burdens on them.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
You realize the same bill was introduced in Februrary and went NOWHERE in the Senate? Winning indeed. LOL

Those who oppose this, don't support American Citizen interests. They're Un-American Globalist scum.

Of course the Trumpsters say that whenever anyone opposes any of Trump's plans.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

The legislation would eliminate immigration preferences currently given to extended family members and adult children of U.S. citizens seeking green cards, and it would cap the number of accepted refugees at 50,000 — half of the Obama administration’s target for 2017.

Frankly, I am not surprised by this proposal nor am I outraged. I think that visa preferences for family members is a good thing but its not a deal breaker for me.

Requiring English is okay with me. Giving preferences to those with skills sounds like a great idea- to anyone other than an American with those skills. But I get the idea and generally support it.

It's time for a merit-based skilled worker system. The current system isn't working for American Citizens. It's placing more & more burdens on them. We're at a tipping point. Our current system just isn't serving American Citizen interests. Time for change.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Globalists don't put American Citizen interests first. So i do view them as Traitors. That's just how i feel.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

about time

definitely a great idea

We need to go farther than Trump suggested and close the US to general immigration.

We have 320 million peole in this country and that is enough.

We should only allow immigration to accommodate legitimate marriages and family matters.

Maybe a small number like 5K a year of really successful people.

Defiantly no more of the welfare seeking Third Worlders.

Not gonna happen.

Nobody has the courage to do the right thing, do they?

320 million for the US is plenty. We have been an immigrant nation for almost 250 years. I think it time to put an end to that, don't you?

No, fuckface, I don't. It is who we are. It will never be time to put an end to it. And we won't.

El Salvadorians have "rights" !!!!!!!! Lol

If they can meet the new standards, they'll be welcomed. If they have something to offer, welcome to America.

You'd better hope we don't adapt standards for starying here.

This change is so long overdue. It really is refreshing seeing an American President actually working for American Citizens. We've become so accustomed to Globalists being in charge, we're now surprised when an American President stands up for Americans. That's how far we've fallen. So, big props to Mr. Trump. :thup:

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Globalists don't put American Citizen interests first. So i do view them as Traitors. That's just how i feel.

Of course you do......lol.

We need to go farther than Trump suggested and close the US to general immigration.

We have 320 million peole in this country and that is enough.

We should only allow immigration to accommodate legitimate marriages and family matters.

Maybe a small number like 5K a year of really successful people.

Defiantly no more of the welfare seeking Third Worlders.

Not gonna happen.

Nobody has the courage to do the right thing, do they?

320 million for the US is plenty. We have been an immigrant nation for almost 250 years. I think it time to put an end to that, don't you?

No, fuckface, I don't. It is who we are. It will never be time to put an end to it. And we won't.

I say we stop at 10,000,000,000. That's a good number.

Winning isn't occurring until the bill is passed. Any idiot can propose a bill. If they couldn't Democrats would never create any bills

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Globalists have no problem putting foreign interests before American Citizen interests. Hence, our current horrific failed Immigration System. Trump's a true Godsend as far as i'm concerned.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

It's time for a merit-based skilled worker system. The current system isn't working for American Citizens. It's placing more & more burdens on them. We're at a tipping point. Our current system just isn't serving American Citizen interests. Time for change.

So would a model qualify under a merit based skilled worker system?

And I really am not saying this to slam Melania. What I am pointing out is the opposite. Melania came here as a model- which is hardly really a 'skilled worker' nor is America short of models.

But she became successful, and supported herself prior to becoming a trophy wife. Her pre-Trump experience is an American success story. Despite not being a 'skilled worker'

Trump's a true Godsend as far as i'm concerned.

Of course he is to you.....lol

Forum List

Back