New Immigration Bill In Works

We need to go farther than Trump suggested and close the US to general immigration.

We have 320 million peole in this country and that is enough.

We should only allow immigration to accommodate legitimate marriages and family matters.

Maybe a small number like 5K a year of really successful people.

Defiantly no more of the welfare seeking Third Worlders.

Not gonna happen.

Nobody has the courage to do the right thing, do they?

320 million for the US is plenty. We have been an immigrant nation for almost 250 years. I think it time to put an end to that, don't you?

No, fuckface, I don't. It is who we are. It will never be time to put an end to it. And we won't.

So dipshit you want this country to be more crowded than it is now? More Muslim refugees on welfare doing a little terrorism on the side? More illegals to vote for the filthy Democrats? More pollution? How is your rush hour commute going nowadays? Need more cars on the road?

Mass immigration served this country well when we were tens of millions. At over 300 million not so much so.

Fuck immigration, diversity and all that other Libtard bullshit that is causing this country to evolve into a shithole.

Wow! Finally a President effectively addressing our ongoing Immigration System nightmare. Good on Trump bigtime. :clap::clap:

President Trump on Wednesday teamed up with two conservative Republican senators to roll out new legislation aimed at dramatically curbing legal immigration to the United States, a key Trump campaign promise.

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) have been working with White House officials to revise and expand a bill released earlier this year that would halve the number of people who receive legal permanent residence over a decade.

The senators joined Trump at a White House ceremony to announce the measure.

The president told reporters in the Roosevelt Room that the measure “would represent the most significant reform to our immigration system in a half a century."

They say the legislation would move the United States to a "merit-based" immigration system and away from the current model, which is largely based on family ties...

Read More:
Trump, GOP senators unveil measure to cut legal immigration
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

The legislation would eliminate immigration preferences currently given to extended family members and adult children of U.S. citizens seeking green cards, and it would cap the number of accepted refugees at 50,000 — half of the Obama administration’s target for 2017.

So would this mean that Melania's parents couldn't get a visa?

Frankly, I am not surprised by this proposal nor am I outraged. I think that visa preferences for family members is a good thing but its not a deal breaker for me.

Requiring English is okay with me. Giving preferences to those with skills sounds like a great idea- to anyone other than an American with those skills. But I get the idea and generally support it.

It's time for a merit-based skilled worker system. The current system isn't working for American Citizens. It's placing more & more burdens on them. We're at a tipping point. Our current system just isn't serving American Citizen interests. Time for change.

So would a model qualify under a merit based skilled worker system?

And I really am not saying this to slam Melania. What I am pointing out is the opposite. Melania came here as a model- which is hardly really a 'skilled worker' nor is America short of models.

But she became successful, and supported herself prior to becoming a trophy wife. Her pre-Trump experience is an American success story. Despite not being a 'skilled worker'

Anything will be an improvement over our current Immigration System nightmare. It's time to restore sanity and order. The Globalist dismantling of our Immigration System needs to end. Period, end of story.

Those who oppose this, don't support American Citizen interests. They're Un-American Globalist scum.

Of course the Trumpsters say that whenever anyone opposes any of Trump's plans.

Globalists don't put American Citizen interests first. So i do view them as Traitors. That's just how i feel.

Of course you do......lol.

Trump's a true Godsend as far as i'm concerned.

Of course he is to you.....lol

Of course he isn't to you.....lol.

We need to go farther than Trump suggested and close the US to general immigration.

We have 320 million peole in this country and that is enough.

We should only allow immigration to accommodate legitimate marriages and family matters.

Maybe a small number like 5K a year of really successful people.

Defiantly no more of the welfare seeking Third Worlders.

Not gonna happen.

Nobody has the courage to do the right thing, do they?

320 million for the US is plenty. We have been an immigrant nation for almost 250 years. I think it time to put an end to that, don't you?

No, fuckface, I don't. It is who we are. It will never be time to put an end to it. And we won't.

More Muslim refugees on welfare doing a little terrorism on the side? .

Dipshits like you think that all immigrants are Muslim terrorists.

The party of Lincoln welcomed immigrants.

Clearly today's Republican Party is not the Republican Party of Lincoln.

The party of Lincoln welcomed immigrants that could support themselves and not become a burden on the rest of us. That isn't too hard to understand and except is it? It's common sense isn't it?

Wow! Finally a President effectively addressing our ongoing Immigration System nightmare. Good on Trump bigtime. :clap::clap:

President Trump on Wednesday teamed up with two conservative Republican senators to roll out new legislation aimed at dramatically curbing legal immigration to the United States, a key Trump campaign promise.

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) have been working with White House officials to revise and expand a bill released earlier this year that would halve the number of people who receive legal permanent residence over a decade.

The president told reporters in the Roosevelt Room that the measure “would represent the most significant reform to our immigration system in a half a century."

They say the legislation would move the United States to a "merit-based" immigration system and away from the current model, which is largely based on family ties...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

The legislation would eliminate immigration preferences currently given to extended family members and adult children of U.S. citizens seeking green cards, and it would cap the number of accepted refugees at 50,000 — half of the Obama administration’s target for 2017.

So would this mean that Melania's parents couldn't get a visa?

Frankly, I am not surprised by this proposal nor am I outraged. I think that visa preferences for family members is a good thing but its not a deal breaker for me.

Requiring English is okay with me. Giving preferences to those with skills sounds like a great idea- to anyone other than an American with those skills. But I get the idea and generally support it.

It's time for a merit-based skilled worker system. The current system isn't working for American Citizens. It's placing more & more burdens on them. We're at a tipping point. Our current system just isn't serving American Citizen interests. Time for change.

So would a model qualify under a merit based skilled worker system?

And I really am not saying this to slam Melania. What I am pointing out is the opposite. Melania came here as a model- which is hardly really a 'skilled worker' nor is America short of models.

But she became successful, and supported herself prior to becoming a trophy wife. Her pre-Trump experience is an American success story. Despite not being a 'skilled worker'
Someone with money is preferable to someone who'll collect welfare.

The party of Lincoln welcomed immigrants that could support themselves and not become a burden on the rest of us. That isn't too hard to understand and except is it? It's common sense isn't it?

So stupid.

So stupid.
What is so stupid about that? Come on don't be shy, tell us what is so stupid about wanting productive immigrants over welfare seeking immigrants?

The Republicans right now want to eliminate half of all immigration- regardless of whether those immigrants can support themselves or not.

From the Party of Lincoln's platform in 1864

8. Resolved, That foreign immigration, which in the past has added so much to the wealth, development of resources, and increase of power to this nation, –the asylum of the oppressed of all nations, –should be fostered and encouraged by a liberal and just policy.

Guess not.

Sad when Republicans go from defending Agent Orange to attacking Democrats. Even they can't defend him. Not anymore.

The Republicans right now want to eliminate half of all immigration- regardless of whether those immigrants can support themselves or not

Ummmm I think you are wrong.
Trump announces plan to cut legal immigration

In February, Perdue and Cotton introduced legislation to cut the number of legal immigrants into the United States by 50 percent over 10 years. Plans are to eliminate diversity lottery visas and limit the number of refugees offered permanent residency.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Well, the Republican house & Senate won't pass it. Next you'll have skilled workers taking the American skilled workers jobs, and there won't be anyone around to dig the ditches.

IN YOUR ARTICLE IT SAYS:

The bill would mark a dramatic change in U.S. immigration laws, and could open up a nasty internal fight among Republicans. The legislation would eliminate immigration preferences currently given to extended family members and adult children of U.S. citizens seeking green cards.

So like Obamacare--you might as well hold off on the celebration until something actually gets PASSED.

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOT

I am not a Republican because they are Democrat Light so take your silly hate partisan bullshit and cram it.

Assholes like you love the fucking Muslims and voted for that Crooked Hillary piece of shit that ran on a platform to bring in a million Muslim refugees in addition to allowing open border for more beaners. How did that work out for you? Did she win running on that stupid platform?

By the way, Lincoln said he would ship all the Negroes back to Africa in order to save the Union.

That ridiculous 1965 "immigration act" needs repealing. But this is a start.

This is what they said as they conned America into the 1965 Immigration Act. See if you can count the lies.

" First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same … Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset … Contrary to the charges in some quarters, S.500 will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and economically deprived nations of Africa and Asia. In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think. Thirdly, the bill will not permit the entry of subversive persons, criminals, illiterates, or those with contagious disease or serious mental illness. As I noted a moment ago, no immigrant visa will be issued to a person who is likely to become a public charge … ” Sen Ted Kennedy

“In fact, the distribution of limited quota immigration can have no significant effect on the ethnic balance of the United States. … "Sen Robert Kennedy

The people who have built up America, Anglo-Saxons, and the northern peoples of Europe, are not discriminated against in this bill... [Asians] probably will never reach 1 percent of the [U.S.] population...Our cultural pattern will never be changed as far as America is concerned" Senator Hiram Fong

"Maybe there will be a huge surge from India or a huge surge from Africa, but I would tend to doubt it.”
Senator Claiborn Pell

“S.500 will do little or nothing to add to unemployment...The newcomers will constitute three-thousandths of 1 percent"
James Carey AFL-CIO

In other words this was the 1965 version of "If you like your culture you can keep your culture".

Last edited:
President Donald Trump will join two leading Republican senators at the White House on Wednesday to formally introduce a bill that would slash legal immigration levels in half and implement a merit-based system for potential migrants, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

GOP Sens. David Perdue of Georgia and Tom Cotton of Arkansas will reintroduce an updated version of the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy (RAISE) Act, a bill they originally proposed in February that failed to gain traction in the Senate.

The legislation seeks to curtail the current practice of family chain migration and move to a points system that would “tailor the immigration system to meet the needs of our economy,” a spokeperson for Perdue’s office told TheDCNF.

The updated RAISE Act, which has also been reported by the Washington Examiner, moves the focus of Trump’s immigration agenda from cracking down on illegal immigration to reducing the number and types of people allowed to immigrate. Trump has previously couched support for the bill in terms of protecting American workers, who he says are hurt by the current immigration system.

“Instead of today’s low-skilled system — which is a terrible system where anyone comes in, people who have never worked, people that are criminals, anyone comes in — we want a merit-based system,” he said at an Ohio rally last week. “One that protects our workers, protects our taxpayers, and one that protects our economy.”

The RAISE Act establishes a points-based merit system that gives priority to high-skilled immigrants and potential job-creating entrepreneurs. The changes are modeled on the Canadian and Australian systems, according to Perdue’s office.

In what will likely prove to be the most controversial provision, the bill would dramatically reduce overall immigration levels by doing away with chain migration. Current immigration law allows U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents to sponsor their parents, siblings and married adult children for immigrant visas. Under the RAISE Act, only spouses and minor children could apply for admission based on family ties.

The bill also caps annual refugee admissions at 50,000 and completely eliminates the diversity visa lottery, a Department of State program that awards immigrant visas to people from countries with historically low levels of immigration to the U.S.

While Perdue’s office says the bill does not include a “hard and fast cap” on the number of family-based visas that would be issued, it does seek to bring overall immigration levels to “historic norms.” Previous reports have indicated that number could fall to 500,000 legal permanent residents per year over the next decade.

By contrast, the U.S. took in an average of about 1.1 million legal immigrants annually from 2000 to 2015, according to the Migration Policy Institute.

Perdue and Cotton have criticized those historically high levels of immigration, saying they flood the U.S. labor market with low-skill workers who drive down wages for poor and working-class Americans. As Cotton noted when the original RAISE Act was introduced in February, just one in 15 green cards are granted for employment purposes.

Even with Trump’s support, the bill faces an uphill climb in the GOP-controlled Senate. On top of expected Democratic opposition, some Republican senators have expressed skepticism abut cutting legal immigration levels.

GOP Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina all dismissed the RAISE Act in February, exposing deep divisions within the GOP over the issue of legal immigration.

“Over the next 20 years, one thing I can say for certain is America is getting older and the number of workers coming up in the system is not where it has been in the past,” Graham said at the time. “We’re going to need to replenish our workforce.”
It's only red meat to the Know-Nothing trumpanzees.

[QUOT

I am not a Republican because they are Democrat Light so take your silly hate partisan bullshit and cram it.

Assholes like you love the fucking Muslims and voted for that Crooked Hillary piece of shit that ran on a platform to bring in a million Muslim refugees in addition to allowing open border for more beaners. How did that work out for you? Did she win running on that stupid platform?

By the way, Lincoln said he would ship all the Negroes back to Africa in order to save the Union.
No Deplorables here.

Forum List

Back