New Guy

Wolfmann

Aug 30, 2012
East Waboo
Hello

I am Wolfman24. I am a political moderate even though to some I may sound like a liberal. My username will be listed as Wolfmann but I go by Wolfman24 because I studied wolves as young man and there used to be a Green Bay Packer who wore the number 24 who had the same name as me. Yes I'm a cheesehead and proud of it. If there is a Wolfman 24 already out there let me know.

I am looking for a site where people can talk about issues intelligently and not get dragged down into dogma, hyperboly or veiled insults like alot of other sites.

Personally I am a hunter but not a supporter or the NRA. I fish, like the outdoors, watching football and swimming. I was educated as a Wildlife Biologist (animal behavior), but spent most of my working life as an environmental regulator for the feds and the State of Michigan. I am also a professional genealogist (retired).

I have a passion for the Constitution (as written) and have spent a good deal of my life learning not only what it says but why it says it. As such I believe that all Americans have the same rights as everyone else which I see as an American idea not a "Liberal" one. I have also extensively studied the Civil War.

I am a person of faith but I am not religious nor to I subscribe to any religious affiliation.

Having the educational and occupational background that I have I have VERY strong views on environmental issues.

I would ask that if I say something that you don't agree with and want to discuss it that you refrain from assuming you know me and what I am about and that you use verifiable facts to support what you say. Making negative assumptions about people is counter productive and I don't do it also reciting the dogma of a particular group without verification will not get your point across.

I realize this intro is not vanilla but I am sick and tired of the trashing that has become so common on the internet and in our society. Compromise is what made America great. Learning to listen and to improvise from ideas from all sources. It seems to me we are rapidly loosing that ability.

If I have offended anyone with this post I apologize.

Thanks

Wolfman 24 (Wolfmann)

Hello

I am Wolfman24. I am a political moderate even though to some I may sound like a liberal. My username will be listed as Wolfmann but I go by Wolfman24 because I studied wolves as young man and there used to be a Green Bay Packer who wore the number 24 who had the same name as me. Yes I'm a cheesehead and proud of it. If there is a Wolfman 24 already out there let me know.

I am looking for a site where people can talk about issues intelligently and not get dragged down into dogma, hyperboly or veiled insults like alot of other sites.

Personally I am a hunter but not a supporter or the NRA. I fish, like the outdoors, watching football and swimming. I was educated as a Wildlife Biologist (animal behavior), but spent most of my working life as an environmental regulator for the feds and the State of Michigan. I am also a professional genealogist (retired).

I have a passion for the Constitution (as written) and have spent a good deal of my life learning not only what it says but why it says it. As such I believe that all Americans have the same rights as everyone else which I see as an American idea not a "Liberal" one. I have also extensively studied the Civil War.

I am a person of faith but I am not religious nor to I subscribe to any religious affiliation.

Having the educational and occupational background that I have I have VERY strong views on environmental issues.

I would ask that if I say something that you don't agree with and want to discuss it that you refrain from assuming you know me and what I am about and that you use verifiable facts to support what you say. Making negative assumptions about people is counter productive and I don't do it also reciting the dogma of a particular group without verification will not get your point across.

I realize this intro is not vanilla but I am sick and tired of the trashing that has become so common on the internet and in our society. Compromise is what made America great. Learning to listen and to improvise from ideas from all sources. It seems to me we are rapidly loosing that ability.

If I have offended anyone with this post I apologize.

Thanks

Wolfman 24 (Wolfmann)

hi wolfman. i have eaten cheese before.

i also have a deep appreciation for the artistry of the billboards that adorn the highways and byways of wisconsin. i particularly liked the one that said "adult XXX superstore and cheese curd house. just ahead on right."

welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome Wolfman! What a wonderful tro you wrote! Can't wait to discuss some politics with you! It will be a pleasure! :D

Forum List

Back