New Coal Regulations Will Kill Jobs, Boost Energy Bills

Are you serious?
Yes. If America is a police state, we suck at it. Look at how many people criticize and condemn the government every day...and nothing ever happens to them. Nothing.

It just depends on how big of a pulpit you have, and how threatening they perceive your message to be. Threatening to the status quo, to corporate profits, I mean. Threatening to the idea of 'a war on terror' which in my opinion, is simply a cover to monitor our individual freedoms so they can take away whoever they want, which they can! this is real. This is happening. They don't need evidence, a judge, a jury... that is really scary. I never said this was a police state, but we are under surveillance.
I'll bet you've gotten a ticket from a red-light camera. :lol:

Well here is what you do:

1) Research the title of this thread. That should take less than an hour.

2) By eviscerating environmental regulations...WHO gains power to take away all individual liberty and freedom"?

3) Did you READ the article?
:rofl: Fail. Utter fail.

Yes, you did fail. We agree on something...
Ha! You did it again!

Fail is your default mode. :lol:

Yes. If America is a police state, we suck at it. Look at how many people criticize and condemn the government every day...and nothing ever happens to them. Nothing.

It just depends on how big of a pulpit you have, and how threatening they perceive your message to be. Threatening to the status quo, to corporate profits, I mean. Threatening to the idea of 'a war on terror' which in my opinion, is simply a cover to monitor our individual freedoms so they can take away whoever they want, which they can! this is real. This is happening. They don't need evidence, a judge, a jury... that is really scary. I never said this was a police state, but we are under surveillance.

Good one Dave. You really got me.

Good one Dave. You really got me.
And people say leftists have no sense of humor.

They're right. :lol:

Yes, it's so awful that during the Bush Administration, everything you saw and posted on the internet was highly censored, you couldn't travel around the country without showing your papers, and political dissidents were rounded up at night and never heard from again.

Or, you're just being an idiot.

Are you serious?
Other than incurring the verbal wrath of the LEFT which are easily dealth with by giving them the fickle finger of fate... ;)

"We didn't inherit this land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Lakota Sioux Proverb

America the Beautiful

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

The Last Mountain...coal companies destroying the actual purple mountain majesties Katharine Lee Bates wrote about when she composed America The Beautiful.

I strongly urge all you so called 'conservatives' to conserve purple mountain majesties, the very mountains where Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett hunted and trapped.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvTB8FBB73I]YouTube - ‪The Last Mountain OFFICIAL TRAILER‬‏[/ame]

"If the American people could see what I saw on that trip, there would be a revolution in this country. We are literally cutting down the Appalachian Mountains, these historic landscapes where Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett roamed. The Appalachians were a refuge during the Pleistocene ice age 20,000 years ago when the rest of North America turned into a tundra where there was no forest. And the last refuge for those forests was the Appalachian Mountains. And when the tundras and glaciers withdrew, all of America was reseeded from the seed stock in those forests. So it’s the mother forest of all north America, and that’s why it’s the most diverse and abundant temperate forest in the world. Because it’s the longest living. And today, these mining companies with the help of their indentured servants in the Bush White House are doing what those glaciers couldn’t accomplish. What the Pleistocene Ice Age couldn’t accomplish which is to flatten the Appalachian mountains and destroys those forests."

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. - Testimony before The Select Committee on Energy Independence & Global Warming hearing on Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"We didn't inherit this land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Lakota Sioux Proverb

America the Beautiful

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

The Last Mountain...coal companies destroying the actual purple mountain majesties Katharine Lee Bates wrote about when she composed America The Beautiful.

I strongly urge all you so called 'conservatives' to conserve purple mountain majesties, the very mountains where Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett hunted and trapped.

YouTube - ‪The Last Mountain OFFICIAL TRAILER‬‏

"If the American people could see what I saw on that trip, there would be a revolution in this country. We are literally cutting down the Appalachian Mountains, these historic landscapes where Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett roamed. The Appalachians were a refuge during the Pleistocene ice age 20,000 years ago when the rest of North America turned into a tundra where there was no forest. And the last refuge for those forests was the Appalachian Mountains. And when the tundras and glaciers withdrew, all of America was reseeded from the seed stock in those forests. So it’s the mother forest of all north America, and that’s why it’s the most diverse and abundant temperate forest in the world. Because it’s the longest living. And today, these mining companies with the help of their indentured servants in the Bush White House are doing what those glaciers couldn’t accomplish. What the Pleistocene Ice Age couldn’t accomplish which is to flatten the Appalachian mountains and destroys those forests."

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. - Testimony before The Select Committee on Energy Independence & Global Warming hearing on Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where are you from? Where do you live? I was born and raised in the heart of Appalachia and was a 4th genration coal miner until the EPA saw fit to make it impossible to strip mine coal anymore.

Who gives anyone especially Robert F Kennedy Jr the right to decide whats best for me and my children? Save the mountains and starve familys. But who cares because you and your lefty elitist buddies dont have to suffer the economic consequences to save these mountains.

Dont give me any lines about new jobs and new industries to replace the coal jobs lost because they will not get here in time to save my house from being reposessed.

Forgive me if I see angry but we are all sick and tired of outsiders coming in to save us from ourselves. All you green idiots live in la la land. There is no land of milk and honey. All of us cant just pick up and work at McDonalds. You are taking away a mans basic right to feed his family.

It seems to me that if you live in ivory towers its real easy to ignore the consequences of your actions but when a filthy laid off coal miner climbs up there and asks you to your face how am I going to feed my family now; its tougher. All these people who hate coal should come to my county and see what your precious EPA is doing to people then it might be harder for you all to blindly put your ideals over the needs of honest hard working families.

Lakota Sioux Proverb

America the Beautiful

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

Where are you from? Where do you live? I was born and raised in the heart of Appalachia and was a 4th genration coal miner until the EPA saw fit to make it impossible to strip mine coal anymore.

Who gives anyone especially Robert F Kennedy Jr the right to decide whats best for me and my children? Save the mountains and starve familys. But who cares because you and your lefty elitist buddies dont have to suffer the economic consequences to save these mountains.

Dont give me any lines about new jobs and new industries to replace the coal jobs lost because they will not get here in time to save my house from being reposessed.

Forgive me if I see angry but we are all sick and tired of outsiders coming in to save us from ourselves. All you green idiots live in la la land. There is no land of milk and honey. All of us cant just pick up and work at McDonalds. You are taking away a mans basic right to feed his family.

The problem is that coal is destroying the environment, our environment, and if you really care about you children, you'd realize that it is for them, for the world they are going to have to live in later. You are being selfish and thinking only of RIGHT NOW and not about the future. I understand you are upset about losing jobs, but these coal operations are not good for the future. The EPA is right to do this. It's too bad it is you that pays, but they have the absolute right to save the rest of us from the operation that benefits only a few workers and a massive industry bent on destroying our earth for a little profit.

There are jobs everywhere, and other ways to make money.

Kill people, save jobs...the new GOP slogan.

The jobs saved...morticians

You've never had a legitimate job in your life. No wonder youre a Democrat.

Well Monica for the elite, you must be projecting, because someone paid me 6 figures to sell Caterpillar construction equipment.

Oh, that was me because it was 100% commission...

Does that equipment run on solar and wind or are you a bitch ass hypocrite?.......:eusa_whistle:

Lakota Sioux Proverb

America the Beautiful

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

The problem is that coal is destroying the environment, our environment, and if you really care about you children, you'd realize that it is for them, for the world they are going to have to live in later. You are being selfish and thinking only of RIGHT NOW and not about the future. I understand you are upset about losing jobs, but these coal operations are not good for the future. The EPA is right to do this. It's too bad it is you that pays, but they have the absolute right to save the rest of us from the operation that benefits only a few workers and a massive industry bent on destroying our earth for a little profit.

Yea I guess I could sell drugs. Thats pretty profitable. You dont know what it is like here. If you want a good job mine coal. Thats it. I have an education but nothing will top the money I made mining coal.

My real big problem is losing my job based on bogus science and an attempt by intelectual elitistis to control my life.

There are jobs everywhere? Then how do you explain the unemployment rate?

How old are you, kid?

Lakota Sioux Proverb

America the Beautiful

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

If you go see the movie, it is people who LIVE in the the heart of Appalachia who are protesting. What gives any corporation the right to destroy the commons, human health and life???

The rule is the commons, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the fish we eat are owned by all of us. They're not owned by governments, coal companies or utilities. Everybody has a right to use them. Nobody has a right to abuse them. Nobody has a right to use them in a way that will diminish or injure their use and enjoyment by others.

I have some really bad news for you...the EPA is not to blame for lost coal jobs...blame strip mining, which eliminates 'miners' and union busting by scum bags like Don Blankenship who should be arrested and tried for manslaughter.

Razing Appalachia

Before
before.jpg

After

mountain_top_mining_630x.jpg

mtop_hdr.gif

Mountaintop removal mining is the practice of blasting off the tops of mountains so machines called draglines can mine coal deposits. Coal mining companies dump the mountaintops into nearby valleys and streams to create "valley fills," converting mountain landscapes covered in hardwood forests into fields of sparse grass. Coal companies are stripping off the tops of mountains in West Virginia, Kentucky and Virginia. Tennessee has three inactive mines.

The U.S. is responsible for 22.3 percent of the world's coal-related carbon emissions.

Over 1000 miles of streams have been buried by strip mine waste in Appalachia.

In 1950, West Virginia employed 143,000 miners. By 1997, that number was down to 22,000.

75 percent of West Virginia's streams and rivers are polluted by mining and other industries.

300,000 acres of hardwood forest in West Virginia have been destroyed by mountaintop removal mining.

Lakota Sioux Proverb

America the Beautiful

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

If you go see the movie, it is people who LIVE in the the heart of Appalachia who are protesting. What gives any corporation the right to destroy the commons, human health and life???

The rule is the commons, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the fish we eat are owned by all of us. They're not owned by governments, coal companies or utilities. Everybody has a right to use them. Nobody has a right to abuse them. Nobody has a right to use them in a way that will diminish or injure their use and enjoyment by others.

I have some really bad news for you...the EPA is not to blame for lost coal jobs...blame strip mining, which eliminates 'miners' and union busting by scum bags like Don Blankenship who should be arrested and tried for manslaughter.

Razing Appalachia

Before
before.jpg

After

mountain_top_mining_630x.jpg

mtop_hdr.gif

Mountaintop removal mining is the practice of blasting off the tops of mountains so machines called draglines can mine coal deposits. Coal mining companies dump the mountaintops into nearby valleys and streams to create "valley fills," converting mountain landscapes covered in hardwood forests into fields of sparse grass. Coal companies are stripping off the tops of mountains in West Virginia, Kentucky and Virginia. Tennessee has three inactive mines.

The U.S. is responsible for 22.3 percent of the world's coal-related carbon emissions.

Over 1000 miles of streams have been buried by strip mine waste in Appalachia.

In 1950, West Virginia employed 143,000 miners. By 1997, that number was down to 22,000.

75 percent of West Virginia's streams and rivers are polluted by mining and other industries.

300,000 acres of hardwood forest in West Virginia have been destroyed by mountaintop removal mining.

I would like to see links that support your statements. You also neglect to admit that once the mines are played out the mining companies MUST restore the environment back to the way it was. There are lots of abandoned holes out there, but the new paradigm sees the mining companies in jail if they don't clean up their messes now.

China is the big offender at the moment (followed closely by India). Interesting how they can continue to pollute the crap out of everything and you only want to concentrate on punishing the workers and citizens of the US.

China accounts for 78 percent of the total increase in the world's coal-related carbon dioxide emissions from 2007 to 2035, and India accounts for 7 percent. For China alone, coal-related emissions grow by an average of 2.6 percent annually, from 5.2 billion metric tons in 2007 to 10.6 billion metric tons (or 55 percent of the world total) in 2035. India's carbon dioxide emissions from coal combustion total 1.4 billion metric tons in 2035, accounting for more than 7 percent of the world total. In the United States—the world's other major coal consumer—coal-related carbon dioxide emissions rise more slowly, by 0.3 percent per year, to 2.4 billion metric tons (12 percent of the world total) in 2035.

EIA - 2010 International Energy Outlook - Energy-Related Carbon Dioxide Emissions

I know that the great Robert F Kennedy Jr has shown you pictures of reclaimed mine sites that look bad. There are some companies that do a bad job. The ones you dont see are the majority that look good after reclamation. I have seen many that where done good. Hardwoods planted that will be harvested 30-40 years from now.

Having a little more flat land in Souther WV would not be a bad idea anyway. You cant put a factory anywhere around here because you cant find a flat acre anywhere.

I did not lose my job becasue of strip mining I worked as a strip miner.

I will tell you that those mountains are the people of the state of West Virginina's and the vast majority of us want to mine; underground, strip, and MTR.

Give me and the 100 guys that lost our jobs and alternative that pays 30.00 an hour. No one has considered what to do with us. No just leave us to live off the govt. Thanks a lot. I love drawing unemployment.

Are the short term benefits of coal (cheaper energy & jobs) worth the long term costs of the acid rain and CO2 produced that will end up turning the Atlantic Ocean into a dead zone, polluting the air and over heating the planet? The problem with pollution is that if humans are going to live on this planet into the near infinite future we cannot ignore the long term harmful effects of the short term benefits.

I know that the great Robert F Kennedy Jr has shown you pictures of reclaimed mine sites that look bad. There are some companies that do a bad job. The ones you dont see are the majority that look good after reclamation. I have seen many that where done good. Hardwoods planted that will be harvested 30-40 years from now.

Having a little more flat land in Souther WV would not be a bad idea anyway. You cant put a factory anywhere around here because you cant find a flat acre anywhere.

I did not lose my job becasue of strip mining I worked as a strip miner.

I will tell you that those mountains are the people of the state of West Virginina's and the vast majority of us want to mine; underground, strip, and MTR.

Give me and the 100 guys that lost our jobs and alternative that pays 30.00 an hour. No one has considered what to do with us. No just leave us to live off the govt. Thanks a lot. I love drawing unemployment.

They are not your mountains, or West Virginia's mountains. The water and streams that have been contaminated is not your water and streams, West Virginia's water and streams. They are part of the commons.

You know, the people operated the ovens at Auschwitz lost their jobs too. That too fucking bad. Mountaintop removal is an attack on this nation, our environment and it's people.

Forum List

Back