New Army Physical Fitness Test.

ThunderKiss1965

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2015
GNO
No mention whatsoever of the continued lower standards for females but a picture is worth a thousand words.

CKULSE6BINEJFJO6ZZG5EJ3XX4.jpg

Army aims for more combat-ready troops with new fitness test

I think they should have to do a practical obstacle course type test with gear

No mention whatsoever of the continued lower standards for females but a picture is worth a thousand words.

View attachment 244587

Funny, I don't remember the weightlifting section of the APFT when I was in. It was just pushups, situps and a run.

From the article...

Frost said that about one-third of the soldiers who come into the service leave before their third year, many because of muscular skeletal injuries. The new test, he said, will help screen out recruits who are less physically fit and mentally disciplined. Those who make the cut are more likely to stay in the service.

Or they could try exercises that don't rip up people's bodies... that would be a great idea.

The real problem? The exercise manuals were written in the 1940's, and the army doesn't change things easily.

Steroid pumped lesbians might rise to the standards of typical male recruits but they are few and far between. The pregnancy rate on U.S. warships is a secret national disgrace and the adjustment that the Army has to make to pretend that female Soldiers are participating in combat exercises is laughable. High ranking Pentagon types don't dare complain or risk having valuable body parts cut off by angry left wing bureaucratic babes.

The Inside Story of an American Warship Doomed by Its Own Navy

The Navy failed the men killed this night. But also the culture imposed on them did. Four of the five officers on duty for this catastrophe and at fault were diversity picks. Two, Combs and Coppok, were mad at each other and not speaking because of a catfight. All had had previous near misses and failures.
Even the lowly helmsman was female and when given an order just before the crash “Hard left rudder....Helmsman-in-training Simona Nelson...froze, unsure of how to respond."

Sarah Coppok OOD "In a panic, she ordered the Fitzgerald to turn directly into the path of the Crystal...[later]Benson found the officer who had been in charge of the ship sobbing"

Natalie Combs tactical actions officer overseing radar operations “I did not see any contact that caused me alarm in regard to its distance for me,” (speaking of the seconds before the 30,000 ton ACX Crystal collided with them)

Lt. Raven Parker, Jr OOD...supposed to be watchstanding "But Parker had walked out onto a small metal deck located off the bridge on the port side of the Fitzgerald just after 1 a.m. She was there with Womack, trying to fit in some training...Parker had not received a promotion on a previous ship, after its commanding officer thought she had trouble assessing the risk posed by ships in the surrounding ocean."

The Inside Story of an American Warship Doomed by Its Own Navy

The Navy failed the men killed this night. But also the culture imposed on them did. Four of the five officers on duty for this catastrophe and at fault were diversity picks. Two, Combs and Coppok, were mad at each other and not speaking because of a catfight. All had had previous near misses and failures.
Even the lowly helmsman was female and when given an order just before the crash “Hard left rudder....Helmsman-in-training Simona Nelson...froze, unsure of how to respond."

Sarah Coppok OOD "In a panic, she ordered the Fitzgerald to turn directly into the path of the Crystal...[later]Benson found the officer who had been in charge of the ship sobbing"

Natalie Combs tactical actions officer overseing radar operations “I did not see any contact that caused me alarm in regard to its distance for me,” (speaking of the seconds before the 30,000 ton ACX Crystal collided with them)

Lt. Raven Parker, Jr OOD...supposed to be watchstanding "But Parker had walked out onto a small metal deck located off the bridge on the port side of the Fitzgerald just after 1 a.m. She was there with Womack, trying to fit in some training...Parker had not received a promotion on a previous ship, after its commanding officer thought she had trouble assessing the risk posed by ships in the surrounding ocean."
as I stated a long time ago, it's usually human error

View attachment 244587

Funny, I don't remember the weightlifting section of the APFT when I was in. It was just pushups, situps and a run.

From the article...

Frost said that about one-third of the soldiers who come into the service leave before their third year, many because of muscular skeletal injuries. The new test, he said, will help screen out recruits who are less physically fit and mentally disciplined. Those who make the cut are more likely to stay in the service.

Or they could try exercises that don't rip up people's bodies... that would be a great idea.

The real problem? The exercise manuals were written in the 1940's, and the army doesn't change things easily.
My knees are ruined from running on hard surfaces for miles and miles.

I think they should have to do a practical obstacle course type test with gear

The problem here is that is only doable if you have the setup. Deployed you can't do it. I think that's fine for training, but run, push-ups, situps you can do anywhere. Would suck to be deployed somewhere you can't do the test and miss out on advancement because there was no way for you to get your APFT points.

Had a friend for example and when we were at Navistar she worked out constantly since she had a poor score. She got in awesome shape in about 6 months. PFT came around and we were black flagged for months due to the heat. She missed a promotion because she couldn't take the test.

Forum List

Back