New AIDS-Type Virus

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Big D, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    what are they suppose to eat? McDonalds take out?

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Dont they have an outback steakhouse in the bush? :p:

4. jon_forward

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    seriously, what are they suppose to do? If you importaed another food source into the bush, that woukld upset and pobbibly destroythe bush.ie, bovine.

5. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Lets see, UUUMMM, how about cow, pig, chicken, fish or learning how to grow vegetables and fruit, there are alot of other choices then eating a dam monkey.

Did you not read that them eating monkeys is going to kill them and many other people? And you want to for some reason defend them?

6. jon_forward

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    not defending anyone. just a simple statement. if you import a non-native animal there, harm will come to the other native animals possibly destorying the eco-system that has been in place since day one. changing their eating habits would be one solution. also finding another way for them to support themselves, farming in the bush wont work,think about it.

7. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jon,
    I don't think anyone there is worried about the enviroment.

But reducing the hunting of primates could prove difficult because bushmeat is a multi-million dollar industry and a key source of food and livelihood for poor people.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,207
    I read about this the other day. eating monkeys is just a sick idea to me. but thats my cultural background speaking.

Did make me wonder a few things about AIDS though. How did the gay population get AIDS if some guys in Africa were the ones eating the monkeys? The World will never know...regardless I hope that it was through eating the monkeys rather then the traditional way sexually transmitted diseases are transfered...that just makes me sick thinking about. I mean eating monkeys is one thing, playing with the food is another..

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Unfortunately, the world does know. The link actually glossed over the issue:

New diseases, including AIDS....have resulted from infections in animals that have crossed into humans.

That's putting it politely. Forensic pathologists determined that a man in Africa had carnal knowledge of monkeys, then had sex with Patient Zero, an airline steward from Montreal. He, in turn, flew to every city in the industrialized world, gaily....er, sorry- merrily infecting everyone he came in "contact" with.

So, I'm sorry to say, it was very much a case of someone playing with his food.

10. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Musicman,
    After reading this article I thought this is somehow how Aids started in humans, and what you write makes the most sence. I have read about many different homosexual cruises that go to poor country's like Africa so that the homosexuals can have sex with the little boys for money.

To me the eating of monkeys in Africa is almost a form of canabalizim for them, and should not be happing.