With jerks like republicans, who needs friends?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I'm just a working class type that tries his best to pay his bills and make a fair living. I also appreciate clean air, water, food and a chance for my kids to at least achieve my own level of success. And, I hate to add, I desparately need adequate and affordable healthcare for myself and my family.

The republicans, as the present ruling party, have no excuse for their failures on these issues. Don't you think?

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    With no brained Democrats you don't have a hope in hell for any of that, but you'll have an opportunity to be broke! Can you dig it?

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    If the economic well being of america concerns you, you should fight high taxes, they are what slows the economy.

When the dems were the "ruling party" did they have any excuse for imperfections in society?

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    No- I make enough money, have enough food, am able to get medical care, etc. I am safer in my home. Try travelling around this world to see just how damn good you really have it here.

If you so desperately need adequate and affordable healthcare, you should be lobbying against frivolous law suits, ridiculous medical procedures, against insurance for self-inflicted illnesses, etc. You should also fight against illegal immigrants and others who don't contribute to this country from getting the services too. That would drastically keep the cost down to those who pay.

5. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    If you havent noticed the employment statistics lately around 95% of Americans are employeed and hence working to try their pay their bills and make a fair living. the other 5.6 % are looking for work and will soon be rejoining the working class. If it werent for the policy of the Bush administrations there would be a much higher % of Americans that arent currently working and hence not in the working class.

Also, if you want your children to have success. Stop protecting the Democrat monopoly on schools. They have been the ruling class for the last 50 years and our school system has gone to hades because of it. Republicans have been proposing ways to make education more effective. Methods like vouchers and accountability to name a few. If you care about your children and other children in the up and coming generation you would support ways to make schooling better. Throwing more money into a failing system isnt going to help.

As for clean air, water, and food, Do you know anyone who wants dirty air, water, and food? Republicans sure dont. But then the problem with those has never been in the United States. Because of our technological advances we have the cleanest in all three areas. The problem is in the developing companies where they cant afford the environmentally safe technology. Rather than rally against capitalism, which of course gave you your job to begin with, you should be supporting the development of more technology and take capitalism to more place in the world. It benefits no one in the long term to destroy the environment. Which is why Capitalism will protect it if you let it.

7. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Oh and if you only want your Children to be successful as you rather than more successful then you, and arent encouraging them to live the American dream, you ought to start.

8. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    There are so many conflicting points here I don't know where to start. Let me evolve this conversation into one major point.

1. (One) Republicans consistently stuff their own pockets to the vast expense of others. Period.

Working folks that vote Republican are being snafued by the advertisements and media compliance that form inaccurate and self defeating decisions. Check your political histories, my friends. Republicans have always fought higher wages as compensation for higher productivity, adequate compensation for victims of work-related injuries or death. Even our system of Social Security is attacked daily by those that can readily afford their own retirement but have no compassion whatsoever for the millions that worked hard every day of every year of their lives but now have nothing to rely on for their old age and disabled situations.

Personally, I am ashamed that our media and schools teach so much propaganda and are little concerned with historical and on-going facts.

9. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I am a working american and i can promise you ive never been hurt by someone else working and making money doing so.

10. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Un, there are so many conflicting stupidities here where to start?

Let's see...

First of all, I vote republican because I want to, because I need to and because I benefit from it. Not because some scatterbrained media flunkie told me too.

Secondly, I fight higher minimum wage, less compensation for the so-called injured and social security....gee, I have no trust fund.

And my schooling, which took place decades ago and continues today, taught me the truth. That the only thing that takes anything away from me is the liberal, good-for-nothing rewarding-of-laziness and sloth democratic agenda of handouts.