Nevada to join National Popular Vote compact

You said they get help, now you say they refuse help, so how do they get help?

I ran a business and it was a city building, the city said we could not kick them out of common areas and they smelled took up space that our customers would normally sit, so I started giving them a couple bucks and asked them to go sit at City Hall, the city asked me to stop, I told them if they didn’t like it change the law and I wasn’t sacrificing my business for their social program. The city changed their policy. If the city wants to placate the homeless, fine but I wasn’t going to.
There are shelters, food banks, and so many programs allocated by the city and other non profit organizations...some just dont want to be helped. You canr lock people against their willl... I guarantee you most of them are not from here, just like almost the majoriry... California is the America of America....everyone comes here to try and make it. So out of the millions some thousands ended up in rough circumstances. I dont see drove of people moving to Idaho for example.

If you haven’t been outside California to see the beauty and the people of this country, then you are ignorant and all you are doing now is stereotyping and showing your bigotry and racism.
I have...it is a fact that the red the state city the more racist it is...that's a facr.

You are wrong and it isn’t a fact, it is your bigoted opinion.
Nope...it is a fact.

Then you prove it.

The Electoral College is outdated and needs to be changed.

Constitutional amendment introduced to abolish the Electoral College

I disagree. I think it does exactly what it was designed to do.
No small part of its design was to keep a person like trump out of the white house.

It failed completely, in that regard.

That's your biased opinion. Many others here would argue that it was designed to keep a person like Hillary out of the White House and thus, succeeded.

Actually it was intended, in part, to keep a charlatan from bamboozling his way into the WH, and in that regard it clearly failed.

You don't think Hillary is a charlatan? I'm not saying Trump isn't; I didn't vote for him after all, but how anyone can view the Clintons in any more favorable light is baffling to me.

Sleepy liberals who stayed home in 2016 have come to realize that they, effectively, voted for Trump. If the dems can pound this point home, their chances are good in 2020.

No small part of its design was to keep a person like trump out of the white house.

It failed completely, in that regard.

That's your biased opinion. Many others here would argue that it was designed to keep a person like Hillary out of the White House and thus, succeeded.

Actually it was intended, in part, to keep a charlatan from bamboozling his way into the WH, and in that regard it clearly failed.

You don't think Hillary is a charlatan? I'm not saying Trump isn't; I didn't vote for him after all, but how anyone can view the Clintons in any more favorable light is baffling to me.

No more than the standard shitgibbons that have been running for the office since time immoral, no.

Rump on the other hand is a complete con artist who's spent his entire life being a con artist in lieu of an actual job, so it's a matter of degrees, but one of extreme degrees.

But more basically ---- and this may come as a shock, but Hillary and Rump were not the only choices, nor should they have been. Narrow thinking like that is what keeps us mired in this Duopoly bullshit.

This may come as a shock, but Hillary and Rump were not the only choices, nor should they have been.
Once the candidates were decided, they were. And those were the two choices. Adulting is hard, and it comes with tough choices. Any liberal who didn't vote for Hillary effectively voted for trump.

Last edited:
There are shelters, food banks, and so many programs allocated by the city and other non profit organizations...some just dont want to be helped. You canr lock people against their willl... I guarantee you most of them are not from here, just like almost the majoriry... California is the America of America....everyone comes here to try and make it. So out of the millions some thousands ended up in rough circumstances. I dont see drove of people moving to Idaho for example.

If you haven’t been outside California to see the beauty and the people of this country, then you are ignorant and all you are doing now is stereotyping and showing your bigotry and racism.
I have...it is a fact that the red the state city the more racist it is...that's a facr.

Nope...it is a fact.

Then you prove it.
Life experience.
Being an arab/African and Muslim....I have no shred of doubt that conservatives are generally more likely to be racist, they follow their party line, foxnews narratives and their bigoted priests.
Trump called black countries shitholes, said we have a problem with Islam and called Mexicans rapists and drug smugglers.

Before even moving here we warned to stay away from red areas. I have friends and family in red areas and it is ugly some had to move, others refuse to go to those areas....even within California it is a known fact. The more red it is the least accepting of minorities it would be.
You wouldnt know this because you aren't a minority.

Nope...it is a fact.

Then you prove it.
Life experience.
Being an arab/African and Muslim....I have no shred of doubt that conservatives are generally more likely to be racist, they follow their party line, foxnews narratives and their bigoted priests.
Trump called black countries shitholes, said we have a problem with Islam and called Mexicans rapists and drug smugglers.

Before even moving here we warned to stay away from red areas. I have friends and family in red areas and it is ugly some had to move, others refuse to go to those areas....even within California it is a known fact. The more red it is the least accepting of minorities it would be.
You wouldnt know this because you aren't a minority.

Thank for admitting you don’t have fact and just your opinion. My working and life experience showed me many racists Democrats that were overt. Funny for less crime, violence and a better life I was told to stay away from cities, politics and race were not reasons.

Nope...it is a fact.
Then you prove it.
Life experience.
Ah. So you are indeed fully aware you cannot prove your claim.
Thought so, just wanted verification.

Go against the will of the voters?

When has it ever done that?

Baby Bush and tRump BOTH lost the popular vote.

And both won the Electoral College. Something Clinton and Gore couldn’t figure out. Clinton wouldn’t campaign in Wisconsin or Michigan after her team told her to and Gore couldn’t win his own home state.

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

Nevada Senate passes National Popular Vote bill on party-line vote

That’s 2 new states in less than 2 months. The NPV keeps chugging along.
How is it that the left sets it’s hair on fire claiming voter suppression when it comes to voter ID laws...but praises a law that will ignore what it’s state constituents vote for in favor of what the rest of the country voted for. Let’s say it’s trump v Biden, Nevada votes Biden but the nation votes trump...ALL THE EC VOTES GO TO TRUMP???? Does that seem right to you? How the fuck is that not voter suppression?

Except that most people want a national popular vote, so why are you so interested in suppressing that?

Polls Show more than 70% Support for a Nationwide Vote for President

And the majority of Californians voted against gay marriage...Soooo what does your post and mine tell you?

We are not a fucking democracy

Don't you guys always whine about the electoral college saving us from the tyranny of the majority?

Anyway, Prop 8 was in 2008, nobody gives a shit, it's a different world and the populace of California, let alone the United States has been polled many times and only wingnuts give a fuck what wingnuts think about gay marriage.

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

How is it that the left sets it’s hair on fire claiming voter suppression when it comes to voter ID laws...but praises a law that will ignore what it’s state constituents vote for in favor of what the rest of the country voted for. Let’s say it’s trump v Biden, Nevada votes Biden but the nation votes trump...ALL THE EC VOTES GO TO TRUMP???? Does that seem right to you? How the fuck is that not voter suppression?

Except that most people want a national popular vote, so why are you so interested in suppressing that?

And the majority of Californians voted against gay marriage...Soooo what does your post and mine tell you?

Don't you guys always whine about the electoral college saving us from the tyranny of the majority?

Anyway, Prop 8 was in 2008, nobody gives a shit, it's a different world and the populace of California, let alone the United States has been polled many times and only wingnuts give a fuck what wingnuts think about gay marriage.

It's a different world because the left ignored Democracy and used the EC style way and took it to the supreme Court, where only a few decided.

It's a different world because the left ignored Democracy and used the EC style way and took it to the supreme Court, where only a few decided.

What are you talking about?

Forum List

Back