Nevada to join National Popular Vote compact

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

Nevada Senate passes National Popular Vote bill on party-line vote

That’s 2 new states in less than 2 months. The NPV keeps chugging along.
How is it that the left sets it’s hair on fire claiming voter suppression when it comes to voter ID laws...but praises a law that will ignore what it’s state constituents vote for in favor of what the rest of the country voted for. Let’s say it’s trump v Biden, Nevada votes Biden but the nation votes trump...ALL THE EC VOTES GO TO TRUMP???? Does that seem right to you? How the fuck is that not voter suppression?

Except that most people want a national popular vote, so why are you so interested in suppressing that?

Polls Show more than 70% Support for a Nationwide Vote for President

And the majority of Californians voted against gay marriage...Soooo what does your post and mine tell you?

We are not a fucking democracy

Every minority I know vote anti GOP and is a known fact that the righr is racist...I dont even know what you talking about with all due respect. Trump ran on a racist platform, alt right are racists, the nationalists vote for the GOP, anti muslims are righties, so are anti blacks, anti Latinos, anti refugees, legals and illegals.
All of this is a lie.

Just for us uneducated, please explain where this is unconstitutional...
US Constitution, article I sec 10:3
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

If Congress does not sign off on the compact, it violates the constitution.

Last edited:
The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

How is it that the left sets it’s hair on fire claiming voter suppression when it comes to voter ID laws...but praises a law that will ignore what it’s state constituents vote for in favor of what the rest of the country voted for. Let’s say it’s trump v Biden, Nevada votes Biden but the nation votes trump...ALL THE EC VOTES GO TO TRUMP???? Does that seem right to you? How the fuck is that not voter suppression?

Except that most people want a national popular vote, so why are you so interested in suppressing that?

And the majority of Californians voted against gay marriage...Soooo what does your post and mine tell you?

The Electoral College is outdated and needs to be changed.

Constitutional amendment introduced to abolish the Electoral College

The homeless are Americans that come from everywhere , most have addiction pro lena, veterans and mentally illl... they come here because of the weather and the help they get.

So the homeless having a health crisis is because they are taken care of? How many of those homeless are help and are no longer homeless in California?
A lot refuse help.

You said they get help, now you say they refuse help, so how do they get help?

I ran a business and it was a city building, the city said we could not kick them out of common areas and they smelled took up space that our customers would normally sit, so I started giving them a couple bucks and asked them to go sit at City Hall, the city asked me to stop, I told them if they didn’t like it change the law and I wasn’t sacrificing my business for their social program. The city changed their policy. If the city wants to placate the homeless, fine but I wasn’t going to.
There are shelters, food banks, and so many programs allocated by the city and other non profit organizations...some just dont want to be helped. You canr lock people against their willl... I guarantee you most of them are not from here, just like almost the majoriry... California is the America of America....everyone comes here to try and make it. So out of the millions some thousands ended up in rough circumstances. I dont see drove of people moving to Idaho for example.

Every other state have shelters, food banks and other programs and other non profits organizations. Californians is no different in that regard, you said the difference was California helped its homeless people. It seems California is no different than any other state, it’s that they allow them to pee and crap anywhere. Doesn’t seem like a good way to stay healthy.
I've lived here foe 10 years , I drive around a lot, bike, run and I've seen what you talking about...you make it sound as if it happens a lot.

The homeless are Americans that come from everywhere , most have addiction pro lena, veterans and mentally illl... they come here because of the weather and the help they get.

So the homeless having a health crisis is because they are taken care of? How many of those homeless are help and are no longer homeless in California?
A lot refuse help.

I ran a business and it was a city building, the city said we could not kick them out of common areas and they smelled took up space that our customers would normally sit, so I started giving them a couple bucks and asked them to go sit at City Hall, the city asked me to stop, I told them if they didn’t like it change the law and I wasn’t sacrificing my business for their social program. The city changed their policy. If the city wants to placate the homeless, fine but I wasn’t going to.
There are shelters, food banks, and so many programs allocated by the city and other non profit organizations...some just dont want to be helped. You canr lock people against their willl... I guarantee you most of them are not from here, just like almost the majoriry... California is the America of America....everyone comes here to try and make it. So out of the millions some thousands ended up in rough circumstances. I dont see drove of people moving to Idaho for example.

Every other state have shelters, food banks and other programs and other non profits organizations. Californians is no different in that regard, you said the difference was California helped its homeless people. It seems California is no different than any other state, it’s that they allow them to pee and crap anywhere. Doesn’t seem like a good way to stay healthy.
Your great state of Idaho has a homelessness problem too...a super red state with the population of 2 stadiums in LA, and you cant ger it under control...why ?

A lot refuse help.

If you haven’t been outside California to see the beauty and the people of this country, then you are ignorant and all you are doing now is stereotyping and showing your bigotry and racism.
I have...it is a fact that the red the state city the more racist it is...that's a facr.

A lot refuse help.

I've lived here foe 10 years , I drive around a lot, bike, run and I've seen what you talking about...you make it sound as if it happens a lot.

According to the authorities Los Angeles and San Francisco are having and will have increased third world disease out breaks, especially this summer.

A lot refuse help.

Your great state of Idaho has a homelessness problem too...a super red state with the population of 2 stadiums in LA, and you cant ger it under control...why ?

How big are the stadiums?

A lot refuse help.

If you haven’t been outside California to see the beauty and the people of this country, then you are ignorant and all you are doing now is stereotyping and showing your bigotry and racism.
I have...it is a fact that the red the state city the more racist it is...that's a facr.

You are wrong and it isn’t a fact, it is your bigoted opinion.

Good, let’s see how far it goes. Lol!

I disagree. I think it does exactly what it was designed to do.
No small part of its design was to keep a person like trump out of the white house.

It failed completely, in that regard.

That's your biased opinion. Many others here would argue that it was designed to keep a person like Hillary out of the White House and thus, succeeded.

That's your biased opinion.
No,it's an opinion based on the evidence that is trump's behavior. That's not bias. Any bias that could then occur would be to reject ideas I would normally agree with , just because they came from trump. And of trump had stayed a democrat,I would say the same thing. And so would you.

But yes, it is "just my opinion". Hmm, I wonder if there is a place i can go to state it?

A lot refuse help.

According to the authorities Los Angeles and San Francisco are having and will have increased third world disease out breaks, especially this summer.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

A lot refuse help.

You are wrong and it isn’t a fact, it is your bigoted opinion.
Nope...it is a fact.

I disagree. I think it does exactly what it was designed to do.
No small part of its design was to keep a person like trump out of the white house.

It failed completely, in that regard.

That's your biased opinion. Many others here would argue that it was designed to keep a person like Hillary out of the White House and thus, succeeded.

Actually it was intended, in part, to keep a charlatan from bamboozling his way into the WH, and in that regard it clearly failed.

Forum List

Back