Netflix Flicks

Not sure if Sons of Liberty has been on History channel but it is a three part series starting tomorrow at 9. I thought it looked pretty good so I'm recording it. Anyone seen this before?

Sons of Liberty - Episodes Video Schedule - HISTORY.com

I caught the last 40 minutes of the first episode. Looked promising.
I didn't watch it yet, the next two are tonight and tomorrow night. I don't mind if you spoil it, I'll still watch.

I have a friend recording it, so I doubt if I'll see much until it's over. Saw what I saw at his house, sooooooo

I won't mind spoilers either.
Yeah, we know how it ends.

Glad you know cuz if you didn't you'd have to sit through an incredible amount of commercials to find out.

Good lord, I think the commercial to actual show ratio is 1 to 1.

No way am I finishing the series with that being the case
I love the show. Just started watching it. Really good!

I caught the last 40 minutes of the first episode. Looked promising.
I didn't watch it yet, the next two are tonight and tomorrow night. I don't mind if you spoil it, I'll still watch.

I have a friend recording it, so I doubt if I'll see much until it's over. Saw what I saw at his house, sooooooo

I won't mind spoilers either.
Yeah, we know how it ends.

Glad you know cuz if you didn't you'd have to sit through an incredible amount of commercials to find out.

Good lord, I think the commercial to actual show ratio is 1 to 1.

No way am I finishing the series with that being the case
I love the show. Just started watching it. Really good!

I'm watching cuz I love history, but during one commercial break there were 11 in a row.

ARGHHHHHH

Thank you Mojo! I have it in my favs now.

Another really good one I found on netflix some time ago is called God On Trial. Some death camp jews put God on trial just a day or so before being gassed..and they knew they were soon to die. So they performed the trial in their camp. Just...wow.
I kind of like lighter material. One of my favorites is the BBC Masterpiece Classic: Pride & Prejudice starring Colin Firth

Pride and Prejudice 1995 TV series - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The HBO John Adams series spans his entire life. It's much more comprehensive and goes into more detail about the relationship with Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin and especially with his wife and confidant. The characters are more developed but not as much about his cousin Sam Adams and Paul Revere as in The Sons Of Liberty.

I liked it and just FF through the commercials and the gross battles.

Another really good one I found on netflix some time ago is called God On Trial. Some death camp jews put God on trial just a day or so before being gassed..and they knew they were soon to die. So they performed the trial in their camp. Just...wow.
I kind of like lighter material. One of my favorites is the BBC Masterpiece Classic: Pride & Prejudice starring Colin Firth

I love those movies too.

I love those movies too.
The movie is really nice, but the series fills in the gaps the movie left out, and Colin Firth really nails Mr Darcy. I enjoyed the script in the series. A stuck up but moral rich man who is taught a lesson by a headstrong woman who he falls in love with almost at first sight. The mother reminds me of Monty Python. That high-pitched voice. Holy cow!!!

The HBO John Adams series spans his entire life. It's much more comprehensive and goes into more detail about the relationship with Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin and especially with his wife and confidant. The characters are more developed but not as much about his cousin Sam Adams and Paul Revere as in The Sons Of Liberty.

A two hour episode, using the history channel/Roku was 1 hour 26 minutes. It eliminate 34 minutes of commercials and still every commercial break had at least two.

That's insane!

A two hour episode, using the history channel/Roku was 1 hour 26 minutes. It eliminate 34 minutes of commercials and still every commercial break had at least two.

That's insane!
I agree with you. The setup as it is needs to be revamped. Too many commercials because The History Channel needs money. Virtually every cable channel does the same.

I thought the Tudors was pretty good, very well acted but Henry VIII grew to be a big boy so it loses a bit in that department. They should have used a different actor for those years. It would have been much better if it wasn't mostly a soap opera about the wives and spent more time on how it shaped England and much of the world as a result.

I just watched Not On This Earth. Fascinating. Jews, hiding from the Nazi's for OVER A YEAR in a cave in the Ukraine. Imagine. 400+ days down there.

I can't help but compare what they endured compared todays race riots and mindset of many blacks. That might sound racist but oh well. But..I digress.

If you like history documentaries/movies...check it out.

On that note, history fans will cream their jeans at this site called Greater History.

They have super extensive and of the finest quality videos in playlistists on almost any conceivable historical stheme or major subject.

I literally was taken aback by the breadth and depth of their archives and its not some old slow ass dusty and under funded, under utilized site.

It's a YouTube Channel!!!

Awesome!

Vist it and you will be shocked.

Pleasantly so!

Here is the link.

GREATER HISTORY - YouTube

Dedicated to preserving and providing the best and most accurate historical and technical documentaries in the known universe.
If I left here, never to return, I would like to be remembered as someone who made this resource known to the posters here.

:D
From Youtube.....

GREATER HISTORY has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

Just watched Pandoras Promise on Netflix. About environmentalists that now favor nuclear energy.

A bit dry, but extremely interesting.
No shows with titties?

Its like I don't even know you....

I thought the Tudors was pretty good, very well acted but Henry VIII grew to be a big boy so it loses a bit in that department. They should have used a different actor for those years. It would have been much better if it wasn't mostly a soap opera about the wives and spent more time on how it shaped England and much of the world as a result.
I agree. The Tudors is where I first caught Natalie Dormer. I like the way she acts and looks. She's in a Cheesy British SciFi series called "The Fades"....they only have one season out right now, but it wasn't too terrible. I would reccomend it if you have a few beers and some tim e to kill lol

The Tudors was one of my favs. I see it's on Netflix but the John Adams series isn't.

I also liked Boss that was on Starz. I subscribed one season just to watch that series but I couldn't justify it for that only so I only saw the one season.

Ironclad. Lots of familiar faces in this one. Charles Dance (tywin lannister), guy that was king in Troy, marble eye dude that was in Pirates of the caribbean. So far, good flick.

Forum List

Back