Netanyahu: I deceived US to destroy Oslo accords

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Netanyahu: I deceived US to destroy Oslo accords > Palestine > Redress Information & Analysis

There is one video Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, must be praying never gets posted on YouTube with English subtitles. To date, the 10-minute segment has been broadcast only in Hebrew on Israel’s Channel 10. [Editor’s note: A version of the Natanyahu video with English subtitles is now available and can be viewed, together with the translated English transcripy, here.]

Its contents, however, threaten to gravely embarrass not only Mr Netanyahu but also the US administration of Barack Obama.

The film was shot, apparently without Mr Netanyahu’s knowledge, nine years ago, when the government of Ariel Sharon had started reinvading the main cities of the West Bank to crush Palestinian resistance in the early stages of the second intifada.

he makes a series of unguarded admissions about his first period as prime minister, from 1996 to 1999

Seated on a sofa in the house, he tells the family that he deceived the US president of the time, Bill Clinton, into believing he was helping implement the Oslo accords, the US-sponsored peace process between Israel and the Palestinians, by making minor withdrawals from the West Bank while actually entrenching the occupation. He boasts that he thereby destroyed the Oslo process.

Writing in the liberal Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz, the columnist Gideon Levy called the video “outrageous”. He said it proved that Mr Netanyahu was a “con artist … who thinks that Washington is in his pocket and that he can pull the wool over its eyes”. He added that the prime minister had not reformed in the intervening period: “Such a crooked way of thinking does not change over the years.”

In the film, Mr Netanyahu says Israel must inflict “blows [on the Palestinians] that are so painful the price will be too heavy to be borne … A broad attack on the Palestinian Authority, to bring them to the point of being afraid that everything is collapsing”.

When asked if the US will object, he responds: “America is something that can be easily moved. Moved to the right direction… They won’t get in our way … Eighty per cent of the Americans support us. It’s absurd.”

He then recounts how he dealt with President Clinton, whom he refers to as “extremely pro-Palestinian”. “I wasn’t afraid to manoeuvre there. I was not afraid to clash with Clinton.”

His approach to White House demands to withdraw from Palestinian territory under the Oslo accords, he says, drew on his grandfather’s philosophy: “It would be better to give two per cent than to give 100 per cent.”

The trick,” he says, “is not to be there [in the occupied territories] and be broken; the trick is to be there and pay a minimal price.”

The “trick” that stopped further withdrawals, Mr Netanyahu adds, was to redefine what parts of the occupied territories counted as a “specified military site” under the Oslo accords. He wanted the White House to approve in writing the classification of the Jordan Valley, a large area of the West Bank, as such a military site.
:eusa_eh:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
this has been around a while. the zionists don't care, they want to be his sheep

Wingnuts won't give a shit, since he lied to Clinton. They only care about America when a Republican is president.

Not news to some of us but new to many. Oslo was DOA but they keep it around and refuse to bury it.

It reminds me of that movie (I forget the name) where college students carried this body around all dressed up in a suit and propped up to make him look like he was still alive.

Same thing with Oslo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSNEwSoV9zE

The Oslo accords were a failure regardless of what Israel did. If Israel destroyed the accords, it destroyed a failure.

Last edited:
interesting, thanks for yet another jew-bashing thread. :thup:

now feel free to post a thread outling the persistent violations of the oslo accord by the palestinians.

or should i not hold my breath

However, this is consistent with Rabin's October 1995 statement to the Knesset on the ratification of the interim Oslo agreement: "B. The security border of the State of Israel will be located in the Jordan Valley, in the broadest meaning of that term." [17]

Oslo Accords - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't worry, though, the anti-semites are loving the thread.

now feel free to post a thread outling the persistent violations of the oslo accord by the palestinians.

However, this is consistent with Rabin's October 1995 statement to the Knesset on the ratification of the interim Oslo agreement: "B. The security border of the State of Israel will be located in the Jordan Valley, in the broadest meaning of that term." [17]

I merely posted something. Don't blame me for how people react to it. This isn't a Jew-bashing thread. It's called a foreign leader on camera basically calling the U.S a bunch of chumps. Doesn't matter who it is.

I expected better from you Jillian than accusing me of being a anti-semite, you know me better than that. If you are accusing me that is.

I merely posted something. Don't blame me for how people react to it. This isn't a Jew-bashing thread. It's called a foreign leader on camera basically calling the U.S a bunch of chumps. Doesn't matter who it is.

I expected better from you Jillian than accusing me of being a anti-semite, you know me better than that.

She didn't really accuse you of being an anti-Semite. she said the anti-semites will enjoy another Jew-bashing thread.

She didn't really accuse you of being an anti-Semite. she said the anti-semites will enjoy another Jew-bashing thread.

Perhaps. Way she phrased it made it sound like she was calling me a anti-semite though. I hope she wasn't and I just misread it. If so, my mistake.

I expected better from you Jillian than accusing me of being a anti-semite, you know me better than that. If you are accusing me that is.

Yup, the I only posted a story defense. So Modbert, why is it you NEVER post any about Palestinians violating the accords? Never post any about Palestinians hood winking US Presidents?

Or are you claiming there are none?

Yup, the I only posted a story defense. So Modbert, why is it you NEVER post any about Palestinians violating the accords? Never post any about Palestinians hood winking US Presidents?

If you are going to blame me for the posts of others RGS, then you are a bigger hack than I thought. I see this as a foreign leader of a country basically calling us a bunch of easily led chumps.

I waited two days to post this story, nobody posted it. If I saw a story about Palis violating this or that, I'd post it. I don't see you ever posting anything about Israel ever doing anything wrong.

Or are you claiming that Israel never does anything wrong?

See how easy it is to turn the tables there RGS? Your hackery knows no limits, especially since you haven't addressed the OP.

You don't give much of a clue in the OP what the intent was.

Although for some it may interesting to see that niether side of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is innocent of manipulating the US attempts to broker peace, it really isn't surprising: Netanyahu is simply clarifying what anyone with a grain of common sense already would have concluded.

Although for some it may interesting to see that niether side of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is innocent of manipulating the US attempts to broker peace, it really isn't surprising: Netanyahu is simply clarifying what anyone with a grain of common sense already would have concluded.
True, there is an even better one out there of Sharon saying that Israel controls the US. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

All I did was post it. I decided to let others decide about the video without saying "Oh, well it must mean this!" because it would take away from the thread on this type of topic.

I let people draw their own conclusions. I see the usual anti-semites make their dumbass comments, and then I see people not actually addressing the article but instead just either attacking my creating this thread or me in general.

It reminds me why I don't post in this subforum or the Environment one.

All I did was post it. I decided to let others decide about the video without saying "Oh, well it must mean this!" because it would take away from the thread on this type of topic.

I let people draw their own conclusions. I see the usual anti-semites make their dumbass comments, and then I see people not actually addressing the article but instead just either attacking my creating this thread or me in general.

It reminds me why I don't post in this subforum or the Environment one.

What I get out of it is that the Continuing (and Never Resolving) the Peace Process in the Mideast seems to be the real goal of all parties concerned. US Presidents can always use it to appear to be concerned with international affairs, Palestinians can always use it to squeeze more international aid from a sympathetic (and guilty, U.N.), and Israel can use it to justify appeasing whichever faction in its own government is in power.

If you are going to blame me for the posts of others RGS, then you are a bigger hack than I thought. I see this as a foreign leader of a country basically calling us a bunch of easily led chumps.

I waited two days to post this story, nobody posted it. If I saw a story about Palis violating this or that, I'd post it. I don't see you ever posting anything about Israel ever doing anything wrong.

Or are you claiming that Israel never does anything wrong?

See how easy it is to turn the tables there RGS? Your hackery knows no limits, especially since you haven't addressed the OP.

Yup, you justify your outright attacks as just happenstance. The hack is you indeed. In fact you use this defense on all the subjects you are one sided about. Gosh guys I was just posting a story I saw, honest.

This has nothing to do with what OTHERS post and I never said it did, but you go ahead and try and divert.

As to the OP? ANYONE that thinks a Country has other Countries as friends is an IDIOT. ANYONE that thinks a sovereign Nation ever does anything that is not in its best interest is a FOOL. Anyone that thinks the Democrats are not mostly supporters of the poor misunderstood oppressed ( never murderous jackals) Palestinians is ignorant.

Why the Jews support a party that would sell out Israel in an instant is beyond me, pretty much the same as how Blacks support a party that has kept them down by any means possible for 150 years.

Yup, you justify your outright attacks as just happenstance. The hack is you indeed. In fact you use this defense on all the subjects you are one sided about. Gosh guys I was just posting a story I saw, honest.

This has nothing to do with what OTHERS post and I never said it did, but you go ahead and try and divert.

As to the OP? ANYONE that thinks a Country has other Countries as friends is an IDIOT. ANYONE that thinks a sovereign Nation ever does anything that is not in its best interest is a FOOL. Anyone that thinks the Democrats are not mostly supporters of the poor misunderstood oppressed ( never murderous jackals) Palestinians is ignorant.

Why the Jews support a party that would sell out Israel in an instant is beyond me, pretty much the same as how Blacks support a party that has kept them down by any means possible for 150 years.

RGS, you proved my point. This has nothing to do with what I post. You tried to take this thread off the topic of the OP and turn it into a attack thread against me.

Outright attacks? I posted a clear video of the guy saying these things and just posting the video is attacking? :cuckoo:

So you don't think Israel is our friend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSNEwSoV9zE

The Oslo accords were a failure regardless of what Israel did. If Israel destroyed the accords, it destroyed a failure.

Oslo and all other "peace talks" start out with the Palestinians have to surrender and disarm. Then the PA is to become an enforcement arm of Israel.

No Palestinian leader has that power or authority to do that.

If a foreign leader calling the US a bunch of chumps bothers you, why doesn't it bother you when the actual leader of the US does it?

Forum List

Back