Negotiating with the Islamists...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Can someone tell me where the Middle Ground is with the Islamists?...

The want Conversion or Death...

Pretty much Death to all of the Jews...

So where do we Start with the Negotiations?...

Half the Jews and 1/4 of all other Westerners?...

Will that Satisfy them?...

Any Thoughts?

:)

peace...

The only thing I can say is that peaceful practicing Muslims out-number these Islamists, and so they're just like any other radical murderous group. Neo-Nazis, Skinheads, Hell's Angels, Bloods, Crips, KKK etc. etc. They're just another scum of the earth posse bent on violence.

The only thing I can say is that peaceful practicing Muslims out-number these Islamists, and so they're just like any other radical murderous group. Neo-Nazis, Skinheads, Hell's Angels, Bloods, Crips, KKK etc. etc. They're just another scum of the earth posse bent on violence.

Really?... Those other Groups are Targeting EVERYONE in the Western Civilization, from Jewish Children on School Buses, to our World Trade Center, to Homosexuals in ANY of these Islamist Nations?...

Sorry, but there is NO Analogy from the Islamists to ANY of the Groups you Listed.

peace...

Really?... Those other Groups are Targeting EVERYONE in the Western Civilization, from Jewish Children on School Buses, to our World Trade Center, to Homosexuals in ANY of these Islamist Nations?...

Sorry, but there is NO Analogy from the Islamists to ANY of the Groups you Listed.

peace...

There's an analogy: they commit heinous acts of violence. Who(m) they commit them to is a futile argument because they're all wrong, and so to classify them all in the same group is not so absurd. A life is a life and they all take lives, and to-which degree each group hates and takes lives doesn't matter to me. I want them all annihilated. What's the point, anyways?

Asking "why" for any group like this, is like .....boring. It's as irrelevant as walking up to a stranger and talking about something as inane as the weather. They just DO hate. It's there, to deal with, as-are the other groups. Such as life.

Do they? And how is that working out in practice? I assume you have some facts, other than your interpretation of the Koran to back you up? I'll help you out...here's the State Department's 2008 Report on International Religious Freedom. Go and find the majority Muslim countries, and report back the number of forced conversions and deaths due to refusal to convert. If you find incidents in most Islamic states, I'll cede your point. Good luck. But I suspect you won't bother.

Can someone tell me where the Middle Ground is with the Islamists?...

Pretty much Death to all of the Jews...

So where do we Start with the Negotiations?...

Half the Jews and 1/4 of all other Westerners?...

Will that Satisfy them?...

Any Thoughts?

peace...

Stereotyping much, are we?

There's a billion Islamics in this world.

My guess is most of them just want to go along to get along just like most Christians, most Jews, most Hindus and any other relgious order one can think of.

We should nuke mecca, then begin negotiations for them to surrender and stfu. Then we should round up all the muzzyz in the western world and make them all walk back to their cat litter country.

As has been pointed out, the OP is absurd because not all "Islamists" believe that. Not even close.

The radicals might believe that, and that is not unique to Islam. Some Christians and Jews have equally fascistic views.

The solution to that is not to negotiate or legitimize people who believe such things.

peace...

There's an analogy: they commit heinous acts of violence. Who(m) they commit them to is a futile argument because they're all wrong, and so to classify them all in the same group is not so absurd. A life is a life and they all take lives, and to-which degree each group hates and takes lives doesn't matter to me. I want them all annihilated. What's the point, anyways?

Asking "why" for any group like this, is like .....boring. It's as irrelevant as walking up to a stranger and talking about something as inane as the weather. They just DO hate. It's there, to deal with, as-are the other groups. Such as life.

Yeah, other than the acts of terror they all commit, there is absolutely no connection.

I love how people try and pigeon hole hate.

Our situation in the Islamic world would be much less dichotic (good vs. bad) if W. had made the right moves after 9-11.

That would have been to not invade Iraq (and give the Islamic world a chance to play the victem) and try start building bridges to more moderate Islamic movements who condemned that action.

He squandered our best chance to address the problem of Islamic terrorism.

His biggest failure, IMO.

peace...

None of the Groups you Listed have Activists who are Hunting other Humans Today because of their Skin Color or Religious Beliefs...

And a Base of "Beleivers" who are Hard Pressed to Denounce Acts of Terror by thier Militants...

peace...

I think the Islamists really want the People of Israel to move away and let the muslims have control of the land.

The Jewish Israelis want to keep and control the land of their forefathers and live at peace on it.

I can see a compromise here, but unfortunately, there is alot more that is going on than what is being said

That would have been to not invade Iraq (and give the Islamic world a chance to play the victem) and try start building bridges to more moderate Islamic movements who condemned that action.

Could you Name those "Movements" that have Power?...

peace...

Sure.

The House of Saud.

A perfect time to force them to address Wahibism.

In fact, it was a perfect time to put Islamic governments on the defensive over their duplicity.

An opportunity squandered by American Militarism ginned up by dullards who didn't "anticipate the insurgency".

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I think the Islamists really want the People of Israel to move away and let the muslims have control of the land.

The Jewish Israelis want to keep and control the land of their forefathers and live at peace on it.

I can see a compromise here, but unfortunately, there is alot more that is going on than what is being said

Pretty Sure there is a Sizeable Faction that wants the Jews Dead...

And an even Larger Faction that's Sympathetic to it.

peace...

As has been pointed out, the OP is absurd because not all "Islamists" believe that. Not even close.

The radicals might believe that, and that is not unique to Islam. Some Christians and Jews have equally fascistic views.

The solution to that is not to negotiate or legitimize people who believe such things.

Am I to believe that you are unaware that a basic tenet of Islam is to convert or kill all non-Moslems?

Are you an apologist for the belief, or ignorant of the fact that intolerance is the hallmark of the faith. Mohammad spoke of the cleansing of the Arabian peninsula of all non-Moslems.
Conversation with Lawrence Wright, page 4 of 6

Are you cognizant of the meaning of the term "dhimmi"?

No organized religion practices misogyny and violence against women like Islam, from beatings (Sura 4:34)
Answering Muslims: The Qur'an, Surah 4:34

...to restrictions on female education to female genital mutilation to “honor killings” as a result of rape. I recommend that the reader research the meaning of ‘infibulation’.

“An average of two women each day are killed in Pakistan for betraying the honor of a husband or family…”
Honor Killings in Pakistan

Clearly you have no knowledge of the Islamist view of the world.

This is not public school, you are expected to actually have some understanding when you champion a view.

Feeling does not equate to knowing.

Am I to believe that you are unaware that a basic tenet of Islam is to convert or kill all non-Moslems?

Are you an apologist for the belief, or ignorant of the fact that intolerance is the hallmark of the faith. Mohammad spoke of the cleansing of the Arabian peninsula of all non-Moslems.

No organized religion practices misogyny and violence against women like Islam, from beatings (Sura 4:34)

...to restrictions on female education to female genital mutilation to “honor killings” as a result of rape. I recommend that the reader research the meaning of ‘infibulation’.

“An average of two women each day are killed in Pakistan for betraying the honor of a husband or family…”

This is not public school, you are expected to actually have some understanding when you champion a view.

Everything I learned about Islam, I learned from spending a year dealing with Muslims of all stripes in Afghanistan.

This is far from the first time I've seen a reactionary viewpoint such as yours, and I don't subscribe to it.

Feel free to post your bona fides.

Blog opinions do not impress me.

As an aside, do you support our mission in Iraq?

If so, I am curious how you reconcile a strategy that seeks to embrace a moderate wing of a religion that you think is non-existant.

Last edited:
The House of Saud.

A perfect time to force them to address Wahibism.

And how's Barry or HILLARY! to "Force" this?...

Either on the House that Barry Bows to, or the Animals who Live Under it that were Primarily behind 9/11?...

peace...

Perhaps you didn't read my posts.

I was talking about Bush squandering an opportunity after 9-11. The boat has sailed. There will be no "forcing of the issue". We lost our moral high ground when we invaded Iraq under false pretenses.

Everything I learned about Islam, I learned from spending a year dealing with Muslims of all stripes in Afghanistan.

This is far from the first time I've seen a reactionary viewpoint such as yours, and I don't subscribe to it.

Feel free to post your bona fides.

Blog opinions do not impress me.

As an aside, do you support our mission in Iraq?

If so, I am curious how you reconcile a strategy that seeks to embrace a moderate wing of a religion that you think is non-existant.

"Everything I learned about Islam, I learned from spending a year dealing with Muslims of all stripes in Afghanistan." I see the problem: no actual learning.

I can understand your desire to change the subject, as your ignorance is mythic in proportions.

If your point is that I should cut you some slack as you served our country in the forces serving in Afghanistan, I both value your service, and thank you for same.

But if you feel that I should value your knowledge, when you have given no evidence of same, I must respectfully disagree.

So, would you like to pick any or all of my points and indicate where they are untrue? I challenge you!

"This is far from the first time I've seen a reactionary viewpoint such as yours, and I don't subscribe to it."
In what way is my point reactionary? It seems that you feel that somehow the use of the term obviates the numerous statements in my post, yet you failed to disprove any.
Try, hone your skills.

Further, "Some Christians and Jews have equally fascistic views" is patently false and absurd. While Christians proselytize, they do not do so under threat of death. I don't believe that Jews proselytize.

Sayyid Qutb, the philosopher of radical Islam, concluded that non-Islamic states have no right to exist. Qutb added Marxism, and made violent jihad necessary

"The solution to that is not to negotiate or legitimize people who believe such things." ???

You have no clue as to the nature of radical Islam. How can you have served in the Middle East without having been educated as to the idea of suicide bombings?

Umm Nidal, celebrating the death of her son as a shahid, “Because I love my son, I encouraged him to die a martyr's death for the sake of Allah…”
MEMRI: Special Dispatch - No. 391

To put a fine point on it, Islam must be made to change its focus, to leave barbarism behind, and come into the 21st century.

The idea is not without precident. MacArthur forced the emperor to address the Japanese nation and admit he was not god.

Are you unaware that the vast majority of Muslims don't agree with you on that? But I'll give you the same offer I made before in my previous post...go through the State Dept report I linked and show us exactly how your claim is true for even a significant minority of Muslim-dominated countries...numbers of forced conversions and number of deaths due to refusal to convert.

Forum List

Back