Negotiating with the Islamists...

[
Any religion can be what its coreligionists make of it. Until congregants emphasize Sura 2:256, over the more atavistic verses, until life on earth is celebrated over death, and they reinterpret the blood-thristy aspects of the religion, it will remain reviled, hated and feared, and will be the dead-end, pun intended, on the road to utopia.

If you think violence and forced conversion is inherent to Islam, how can it be anything other than what you claim it is?

And what exactly is your point?

I mean, change from a religion comes from within. The reformation came about due to a schism within the Catholic Church, not from outside pressure.

So are you just going to hate Islam until they change themselves in a manner you deem acceptable?

I deny that I hate Islam.

It's just that I know so much more about it than you do- at this time.

Your interest, and, I'm assuming, intelligence, will require you to study in greater detail.

Marcus Aurelius said "Stand erect, or be made to stand erect."

Whether from outside or inside, Islam must be made to change. Become familiar with Italy's Sheikh Abdul Hadi Palazzi, and Irshad Manji, among others.

Remember, the first victims of Islam are the Moslems.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
[
Any religion can be what its coreligionists make of it. Until congregants emphasize Sura 2:256, over the more atavistic verses, until life on earth is celebrated over death, and they reinterpret the blood-thristy aspects of the religion, it will remain reviled, hated and feared, and will be the dead-end, pun intended, on the road to utopia.

If you think violence and forced conversion is inherent to Islam, how can it be anything other than what you claim it is?

I mean, change from a religion comes from within. The reformation came about due to a schism within the Catholic Church, not from outside pressure.

So are you just going to hate Islam until they change themselves in a manner you deem acceptable?

Your interest, and, I'm assuming, intelligence, will require you to study in greater detail.

Whether from outside or inside, Islam must be made to change. Become familiar with Italy's Sheikh Abdul Hadi Palazzi, and Irshad Manji, among others.

Well Said... :clap2:

:)

peace...

ALERT! ALERT! MASSIVE EGO ALERT!

polechic, you're soooo intelligent you're arguing about how intelligent you are on this loser board!!!
:rofl:

ALERT! ALERT! MASSIVE EGO ALERT!

polechic, you're soooo intelligent you're arguing about how intelligent you are on this loser board!!!

Although I plead guilty to your charge, I deny that this is a "loser board."

My evidence:

Why are you posting here?

[

I deny that you know more about Islam than I do, so I guess we'll call it even.

I have studied the religion, however, not through the same clearly biased websites that you have "educated yourself" with.

Islam will change, as all religions change.

As I said earlier, we squandered an excellent opportunity to address this with the Islamic population when we invaded Iraq.

I have studied the religion, however, not through the same clearly biased websites that you have "educated yourself" with.

As I said earlier, we squandered an excellent opportunity to address this with the Islamic population when we invaded Iraq.

The give-away as to the lack of your erudition is the "clearly biased websites ..."

The difference between us: I read books.

Only you will know if the following is true, but
I suggest that knowledge of the following is a prerequisite to judging my perspective:
Are you familiar with all of the following?

1. The massacre of the Banu Qurayzah tribe

2. Intolerance as a hallmark of Islam

a. The meaning of Dhimmi

b. The Jizya

3. The Treaty of Hudaybiyya

4. Taqiyya

5. Although forbidden to the faithful, except in the case of rape of infidel women, the Koran promises the following to warriors who have died in battle for Islam: sex outside of marriage, alcoholic beverages, homosexuality.

6.Islam has given rise to a culture that has institutionalized, and continues in the 21st century, human sacrifice, murder, misogyny, stamping out of indivuality, abolition of human happiness and sexualiy and promises the most drastic punishments for infractions of these, including, heaven forfend, leaving Islam for another religion.

The give-away as to the lack of your erudition is the "clearly biased websites ..."

The difference between us: I read books.

Only you will know if the following is true, but
I suggest that knowledge of the following is a prerequisite to judging my perspective:
Are you familiar with all of the following?

1. The massacre of the Banu Qurayzah tribe

2. Intolerance as a hallmark of Islam

a. The meaning of Dhimmi

b. The Jizya

3. The Treaty of Hudaybiyya

4. Taqiyya

5. Although forbidden to the faithful, except in the case of rape of infidel women, the Koran promises the following to warriors who have died in battle for Islam: sex outside of marriage, alcoholic beverages, homosexuality.

6.Islam has given rise to a culture that has institutionalized, and continues in the 21st century, human sacrifice, murder, misogyny, stamping out of indivuality, abolition of human happiness and sexualiy and promises the most drastic punishments for infractions of these, including, heaven forfend, leaving Islam for another religion.

Well, of course that's all bad an stuff, But, BUT, what about Fred Phelps?...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back