Need some help for charity

Here locally one of the television stations every year lets radio morning show DJ's guest host for one morning their television program. This goes on all week, and the viewers vote for their favorite via the television station's website. The winner has $1,000 donated to the charity of their choice. We have had 4 anonymous donors say that they will match the $1,000 donation if Cindy wins. So thats now $5,000 for charity.

Soooooooo, I need your help in voting for my station. The person you are voting for is Cindy Simmons, and her charity is Wellspring Living http://www.wellspringliving.org

Vote here:
Topic: 11Alive News Today Guest Hosts (scroll down, left hand side)

Now, this is quite literally Chicago style voting. You can vote as often as you can and as quick as you can. So go dig up your grandmothers please and start voting. Voting ends at noon EST tomorrow.

I just noticed this and it is to late for me. Sorry.
Hope she won.

That election was rigged. How the hell did hobby jump 1.5% in 15 minutes this late in the game?
I was wondering the same thing. Earlier, I was voting like mad. Cindy wasn't budging, nor were any others.

Then Cindy started going down in percentage. No change in the others.

I figure I got about 50 or more additional votes in after that.

Maybe there is a huge increase in the participants voting? Don't know.

Facebook?

Dunno.

No, something is fishy here. Why would all her Facebook friends wait until the last 20 minutes to start voting in huge numbers? I think the station doing the poll rigged it so that the cute girl would win.

ETA: It would be interesting to see the number of votes, but all they are showing is the percentages. Wonder why?

Last edited:
That election was rigged. How the hell did hobby jump 1.5% in 15 minutes this late in the game?
I was wondering the same thing. Earlier, I was voting like mad. Cindy wasn't budging, nor were any others.

Then Cindy started going down in percentage. No change in the others.

I figure I got about 50 or more additional votes in after that.

Maybe there is a huge increase in the participants voting? Don't know.

Facebook?

Dunno.

No, something is fishy here. Why would all her Facebook friends wait until the last 20 minutes to start voting in huge numbers? I think the station doing the poll rigged it so that the cute girl would win.

ETA: It would be interesting to see the number of votes, but all they are showing is the percentages. Wonder why?
Very strange.

Maybe hobby found out that Cindy was getting votes from outside the viewing area, and cried about out-of-state vote fraud.

Dammit! Thanks for trying anyway guys.

Anytime.

But i do think your station manager should demand a recount. :D

Well, we pretty much know what happened.

The company that owns my station owns about 14 other stations across the country. The company that owns Hobby's station owns over 1,000 stations across the country. Late morning on Friday her corporate sent out an email to all of their employees across the company telling them to vote. Figure between 20-30 employees per station, and if they each vote just 2 or 3 times....they can rack up numbers very very quickly.

But still we lost by only 1%, and considering the number of votes put up by her company that's not a bad showing at all. And a large portion of that credit goes to you guys. Thank you everyone for helping out. We do it every year, so next year we'll start stuffing the ballot box earlier in the week.

Thanks again everyone.

Forum List

Back