Need Movie Suggestions (Any Kind)

10374.jpg

Some good suggestions so far...
Not sure of what your opinion on foreign language films would be, but here are a few suggestions:

Admiral [Адмиралъ] (Russian 2008) The story of Admiral Kolchak, who went from a loyal Tsarist ship commander to the leader of the White Russian forces during the revolution. Dubbed and subbed versions are available on Youtube.

The Sino-Japanese War At Sea 1894 [一八九四·甲午大海戰] (Chinese 2011) A drama regarding the rise and fall of the Beiyang fleet. Mandarin version available on Youtube.

Spider Forest [] (Korean 2004) Psychological thriller/horror drama, that should be seen rather than described (poorly) here. Korean version available on Youtube.

Snake of June [六月の蛇] (Japanese 2002) Monochrome sexual thriller that follows a working couple through their self discovery. A German version is available on Youtube, (not recommended, try 1/2 price books or similar venue for subbed version)

9. April (Danish 2015) Drama regarding a company of Danish bicycle infantrymen and their attempt to stop the German advance during WWII. (Amazon or 1/2 price books for this one)

Enjoy!

Looks interesting. Is it dubbed in English? The problem for me with subtitled movies is that I can't be on the computer or play an iPad game (Kill Shot Bravo) without missing a lot. I have a few Japanese movies on DVD I'm waiting to see when I have time to just watch the movie.

Seven Samurai

Ran

Rashomon

Yojimbo

Looks interesting. Is it dubbed in English? The problem for me with subtitled movies is that I can't be on the computer or play an iPad game (Kill Shot Bravo) without missing a lot. I have a few Japanese movies on DVD I'm waiting to see when I have time to just watch the movie.

Seven Samurai

Ran

Rashomon

Yojimbo

I believe there is a dubbed version, but don't know for sure. It is probably the most powerful anti war movie i have ever seen, it was banned in Germany because of it. But, unlike most anti war movies, this one is very watchable, and the anti war sentiment is merely presented as part of the narrative, it is not hammered into your face. That is why it is so effective.

Seven Samurai

Ran

Rashomon

Yojimbo

I believe there is a dubbed version, but don't know for sure. It is probably the most powerful anti war movie i have ever seen, it was banned in Germany because of it. But, unlike most anti war movies, this one is very watchable, and the anti war sentiment is merely presented as part of the narrative, it is not hammered into your face. That is why it is so effective.
The 1930 version of All Quiet on the Western Front was good.

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) - IMDb

Forum List

Back