Need an image change?

Change?

• You're fine as you are

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • You're OK. Get a trim and some smarter clothes.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Get a buzzcut and a suit!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
It makes no difference what you look like in law school or what you look like taking the BAR.

However you want a job as a lawyer, get your hair cut and some decent clothes.

Oh my. Why Texas of all places? ;)

You said you're applying. Are you worried about the application interview or what you'll need when you get there as a student? For an interview, a trim and a suit are in order. I wouldn't go hog wild or overly conservative. Think neat and respectful without making yourself uncomfortable.

Maddy's right. Once you get there the people you'll need to worry about are the other students, not the faculty. The faculty are going to haze you for the first year no matter what you look like. :D

Seriously, once you're there just be who you are. Being part of the team will help you tremendously, you'll find out just how much when you get there. And how you look right now is perfect. American students with a very few exceptions tend to be casual.

You will need business attire and to think about your professional image a year or two down the road, but when you get there you'll have a better idea where you're going and what you'll need. Different career paths mean different styles, I wouldn't bother with it now.

Good luck! :thup:

Global warming.

Why should I believe you that you have a masters?

You lied to me before and I have it in my sig.

You on the other hand have NEVER once produced a single lie by me no matter how many times you have been asked to do so.

I dont believe you because you are a known liar.

Jesus Christ TM, you'd argue over something stupid at a goddamned wake!!!

Hello all,

I'm applying very soon to law school, and was wondering if I should cut my hair. I'm looking around the Texas area and I think that's more conservative than many areas.

I'm from Britain, so just need a bit of advice on this.

Need some new clothes too. People do tend to judge by appearances, whether we like it or not.

I'm also a bit older - 23 - though I may not look it. Hope that won't make any difference.

Andy

156776_1752010682898_1317825982_31958969_734588_n.jpg

74825_1735683514713_1317335011_31890441_1932311_n.jpg

Do not grow a beard.
Rest is fine. Maybe, you can remove or hide the necklace shown in the 2nd picture.

Lose the fag cut, get a close fade and wear a nice suit.

Lose the fag cut, get a close fade and wear a nice suit.

A tad harsh, Paulie. But I agree, ditch the Dawson's Creek look. And as a fellow Englishman, let me assure you that all you'll need to conquer America is a healthy line of credit and an air of superiority. Not a pair of K-Swiss.

Last edited:
No beard!

A few good polo shirts and nice pants will make you look like a law-student. It's not too dressy, yet you're not underdressed. A suit is a little much to wear all the time at the beginning.

I give my best guy friend's fashion advice from time to time, too, so incase you wanted to know my credentials for this advice. (ha).

Your hair is fine as well. Especially in the first pic in ekrem's post. Perfect.
Don't let it get longer, and if you cut it just cut it enough where you can style it a little on top.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Global warming.

You on the other hand have NEVER once produced a single lie by me no matter how many times you have been asked to do so.

Sweetie, as I have said, on numerous occasions, every fucking post of yours is a lie. You lie about how people 'hate' you. You lie about what I say, you lie about what other posters say, you rant like a fucking banshee on crack about anyone who criticizes your Messiah.

I haven't read your sig... I have no interest in your whining... about me or anyone else.

So, you're claiming that, because I doubt some of the claims made by scientists about global warming, that somehow (in your delusional mind) means that I dislike scientists? Christ on a bike, you are one dumb chick. :lol:

Thanks for all your input, guys.

I can take a bit of ribbing - not the sensitve type.

I'll post some "after" pics if people want?

Seem fine to me. But you better get a prosthetic for your left hand.

You took the words right outta my mouth! :lol:

Andy, you're adorable. Don't change a thing, you have plenty of time for that when you're done school. You don't want to be a conformist, do you?

btw, your hair isn't long. . . it's just right.

"Ditto."

Hello all,

I'm applying very soon to law school, and was wondering if I should cut my hair. I'm looking around the Texas area and I think that's more conservative than many areas.

I'm from Britain, so just need a bit of advice on this.

Need some new clothes too. People do tend to judge by appearances, whether we like it or not.

I'm also a bit older - 23 - though I may not look it. Hope that won't make any difference.

Andy

156776_1752010682898_1317825982_31958969_734588_n.jpg

74825_1735683514713_1317335011_31890441_1932311_n.jpg

You're *adorbs.* And we share the same nickname, albeit spelled differently. I was given the same name as my aunt, ( because I was born on her birthday--month and day-- ) so I decided to use a nickname. :lol:

Last edited:
Seriously, who cares? You're not military, so you're not a real man.
:razz: Ah - frankness!

Well, the Army was another thought. Law school is only one idea.

You look fine. I do recommend reading up on the job prospects for law school graduates, especially if you are thinking about taking on student loan debt to get a law degree.

There's a glut of attorneys in the U.S., many of them very underemployed.

Global warming.

Sweetie, as I have said, on numerous occasions, every fucking post of yours is a lie. You lie about how people 'hate' you. You lie about what I say, you lie about what other posters say, you rant like a fucking banshee on crack about anyone who criticizes your Messiah.

I haven't read your sig... I have no interest in your whining... about me or anyone else.

So, you're claiming that, because I doubt some of the claims made by scientists about global warming, that somehow (in your delusional mind) means that I dislike scientists? Christ on a bike, you are one dumb chick. :lol:

where is your proof of one lie by me?

you dont have one.

the second link on my sig is a link to a lie on your part.

You defended someone who got the facts WRONG and even when that facts were clearly pointed out to you you didnt have the class to admitt you were wrong and held to the lie.You flat out lied because you could not admitt your and another cons mistake.

You claim you have a masters and are still in school. For someone in a doctorate program you sure post here alot.

I think you are full of shit.

You have lied before.

You have NO proof to offer your claims of education are real.

Global warming.

where is your proof of one lie by me?

you dont have one.

the second link on my sig is a link to a lie on your part.

You defended someone who got the facts WRONG and even when that facts were clearly pointed out to you you didnt have the class to admitt you were wrong and held to the lie.You flat out lied because you could not admitt your and another cons mistake.

You claim you have a masters and are still in school. For someone in a doctorate program you sure post here alot.

I think you are full of shit.

You have lied before.

You have NO proof to offer your claims of education are real.

Can you never stay on any fucking topic, you stupid brat. This thread ain't about you and your obsessional lying about other posters. Go rant elsewhere.

Forum List

Back