Need an image change?

Change?

• You're fine as you are

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • You're OK. Get a trim and some smarter clothes.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Get a buzzcut and a suit!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Andy_D

Dec 7, 2010
Hello all,

I'm applying very soon to law school, and was wondering if I should cut my hair. I'm looking around the Texas area and I think that's more conservative than many areas.

I'm from Britain, so just need a bit of advice on this.

Need some new clothes too. People do tend to judge by appearances, whether we like it or not.

I'm also a bit older - 23 - though I may not look it. Hope that won't make any difference.

Andy

156776_1752010682898_1317825982_31958969_734588_n.jpg

74825_1735683514713_1317335011_31890441_1932311_n.jpg

Haha!

Reason I ask is I might be in the barbers today, and buying some new clothes.

Seem fine to me. But you better get a prosthetic for your left hand.

You took the words right outta my mouth! :lol:

Andy, you're adorable. Don't change a thing, you have plenty of time for that when you're done school. You don't want to be a conformist, do you?

btw, your hair isn't long. . . it's just right.

Law school? Texas?
Mano mano I just do not know where to begin.
My sympathies and best of luck to ya though.

Seriously, who cares? You're not military, so you're not a real man.
:razz: Ah - frankness!

Well, the Army was another thought. Law school is only one idea.

Knowing the law is evil to some people.

Some just dont like higher education

I really do believe that people judge by appearances.

Yes they do and people that hire, look at apperance as well as personality.
Your hair is to shaggy, it tells the person that might hire you that you would not be very organized or in control of your life.
If you get to expensive a suit it says hat you don't need a job that badly. If you get to cheap of a suit it makes you look desperate and says that you might not have had a job in a long time.
At least trim your hair, even applying to law school they judge you by apperance. You want to look good so that they think you are serious about college and long term commitment.

Last edited:
Andy, the people whose support you will need in law school are not the professors, it's the students. You need a great study group -- no one can do all that homework alone. The hair you have now makes you look approachable and non-threatening; no need to tidy things up until late in the second semester, when you interview for a summer clerkship.

And a suit? WTF would you wear it? Certainly not to class.

P.S. Best wishes and no, 23 is not old.

You're cute as a bug, and won't need a suit until court. I agree with Maddie: you're approachable. If you're going to represent people, you won't need to (and shouldn't!) change a thing. If you're going into corporate law, the haircut might be required, but still, not until court.

If its people you're representing, bring passion. People like that.

Knowing the law is evil to some people.

Some just dont like higher education

Yea... I hated getting my Masters. Seriously.

You're such a schmuck.

You have lied to me before so how do I know you have a masters.

You also seem to not like others who have educations , Like lawyers and sceintists.

You lie constantly, little idiot. I don't really care what you 'know'.... you have no impact on my career.

However, I'm entertained by your accusation that I dislike those with education... and that you claim I dislike scientists. Wanna prove that? Just one post of my claiming that I dislike scientists will be fine. Off you go.

Global warming.

Why should I believe you that you have a masters?

You lied to me before and I have it in my sig.

You on the other hand have NEVER once produced a single lie by me no matter how many times you have been asked to do so.

I dont believe you because you are a known liar.

Forum List

Back