Need Advice

Cain I don't know about the laptop thing, but I have an unrelated piece of advice for you.

When you get to Basic, especially since you're in DEP and you're going to have the advantage over a lot of other trainees in your knowledge of marching, discipline, etc...

Don't fucking volunteer for ANYTHING.

Not Dorm Leader (house mouse), not guidon bearer, not the leader of your details crew, NOTHING.

Unless you want to be tortured your entire time there.

Nearly everyone I speak to says do not volunteer, and I am pretty sure I shall adhere to that lol.

Cain I don't know about the laptop thing, but I have an unrelated piece of advice for you.

When you get to Basic, especially since you're in DEP and you're going to have the advantage over a lot of other trainees in your knowledge of marching, discipline, etc...

Not Dorm Leader (house mouse), not guidon bearer, not the leader of your details crew, NOTHING.

Nearly everyone I speak to says do not volunteer, and I am pretty sure I shall adhere to that lol.

If there's any downside to it, it's that your TI may not notice you while you're there if you march well and follow orders properly.

I met all the qualifications for honor grad for Basic, but my TI didn't choose me because he didn't know who the hell I was :lol:

If there's any downside to it, it's that your TI may not notice you while you're there if you march well and follow orders properly.

I met all the qualifications for honor grad for Basic, but my TI didn't choose me because he didn't know who the hell I was :lol:

Well, I plan to have them notice me, if for no other reason then I am going to be the best as I can be, and that will probably mean better then most, if not all ;).

My parents are pretty much forcing me to take a laptop they are going to buy me for Christmas, and they told me to find out what I want so here is my questions:

I need a computer that is fast with internet, and can hold stuff.
I need a computer that can play games and is good with internet.
I do not care about webcam.

Their price range is 0.00$ to 600.00$.

I am looking for a good computer that runs fast, and has good internet service ability. Also, will probably use this during college later on, and stuff.
Congratz on being a complete idiot.

My parents are pretty much forcing me to take a laptop they are going to buy me for Christmas, and they told me to find out what I want so here is my questions:

I am looking for a good computer that runs fast, and has good internet service ability. Also, will probably use this during college later on, and stuff.

Same to you my friend :).

I see you've met Douger, the USMBs most wonderful uplifter and praiser of other posters.

Well, I plan to have them notice me, if for no other reason then I am going to be the best as I can be, and that will probably mean better then most, if not all ;).

The problem is they don't notice you when you're doing well. I scored #2 on my written exam in my unit, and never received a single infraction for anything. My PT scores were top 5 as well.

I remember when the TI was making his selections, he looked right at me and said "I don't even know who the hell you are and I can only pick 3".

He picked the other 3 that he knew. Those guys at one point or another had altercations with him during our 7 weeks.

The only REAL way to stand out is to mess up every now and then.

You got that right. In fact the less known you are , the better.

I see you've met Douger, the USMBs most wonderful uplifter and praiser of other posters.

Nice guy.

The problem is they don't notice you when you're doing well. I scored #2 on my written exam in my unit, and never received a single infraction for anything. My PT scores were top 5 as well.

I remember when the TI was making his selections, he looked right at me and said "I don't even know who the hell you are and I can only pick 3".

He picked the other 3 that he knew. Those guys at one point or another had altercations with him during our 7 weeks.

Well, I'd rather graduate top of my class with no infractions, then Honors with infractions, I think. I am not sure, that is really sad, it's like school where the bad students are the teacher's pets because they can be friends with them, but can screw around and get away with bs.

Nice guy.

Well, I'd rather graduate top of my class with no infractions, then Honors with infractions, I think. I am not sure, that is really sad, it's like school where the bad students are the teacher's pets because they can be friends with them, but can screw around and get away with bs.

Okay. Let's rephrase our advice.

You have three options.

1. Let the drill instructors be aware of your existence because you need corrections, in which case they will make your life miserable.

2. Let the drill instructors be aware of your existence by volunteering, in which case the rest of your platoon will hate your guts and make your life miserable

3. Keep your head low and just get through it.

The absolute key to survival in bootcamp is to just keep low and make it as easy on yourself as possible. Take it from those who have been there, you don't want to be known.

Nice guy.

You have three options.

1. Let the drill instructors be aware of your existence because you need corrections, in which case they will make your life miserable.

2. Let the drill instructors be aware of your existence by volunteering, in which case the rest of your platoon will hate your guts and make your life miserable

The absolute key to survival in bootcamp is to just keep low and make it as easy on yourself as possible. Take it from those who have been there, you don't want to be known.

I understand, I am just saying it would seriously suck if I am the best overall Airman, and I end up not getting Honors, I plan to keep low-key, and I am pretty good at that too :).

Nice guy.

You have three options.

I understand, I am just saying it would seriously suck if I am the best overall Airman, and I end up not getting Honors, I plan to keep low-key, and I am pretty good at that too :).

You can keep your standards really high and be at honor grad status, and still make yourself known just enough to be selected.

Infractions will actually end up disqualifying you. I don't know if they still do the Form 341 thing, but getting 341's pulled is not good if you want honor grad.

Do something like this...when you're in chow hall, like in the 2nd or 3rd week, go to the dessert case and attempt to get some. They can't deny it to you, but they WILL fuck with you about it, and probably call you over to the snake pit and hit you up with a bunch of memory work.

Your memory work, when I was in, was simply your entire chain of command from your unit up to the president. Just memorize it well and you can pretty much get away with anything you want in basic, because that's how the TI's will put you on the spot.

They'll remember you for that, and then you have a better shot at honor grad. Honor grad doesn't sound like much, but it's a ribbon to add to your uni and it looks good on your record for the future.

You have three options.

You can keep your standards really high and be at honor grad status, and still make yourself known just enough to be selected.

Infractions will actually end up disqualifying you. I don't know if they still do the Form 341 thing, but getting 341's pulled is not good if you want honor grad.

Do something like this...when you're in chow hall, like in the 2nd or 3rd week, go to the dessert case and attempt to get some. They can't deny it to you, but they WILL fuck with you about it, and probably call you over to the snake pit and hit you up with a bunch of memory work.

Your memory work, when I was in, was simply your entire chain of command from your unit up to the president. Just memorize it well and you can pretty much get away with anything you want in basic, because that's how the TI's will put you on the spot.

They'll remember you for that, and then you have a better shot at honor grad. Honor grad doesn't sound like much, but it's a ribbon to add to your uni and it looks good on your record for the future.

I plan to be a example Airman. I really do, I want to be able to do things others can't, and be willing to do things most wouldn't. I would run into a burning building for someone, even if I don't like them, why? I don't know, I just would. I really believe in self-sacrifice, whether it be emotional, mental, or physical. I just hope, that I can honor the Airman's Creed to the best, and never fail my friends/comrades.

I plan to be a example Airman. I really do, I want to be able to do things others can't, and be willing to do things most wouldn't. I would run into a burning building for someone, even if I don't like them, why? I don't know, I just would. I really believe in self-sacrifice, whether it be emotional, mental, or physical. I just hope, that I can honor the Airman's Creed to the best, and never fail my friends/comrades.

best keep that to yourself in boot, as much as possible anyway, because you WILL need friends to help you get through it; and not many want to be friends with someone so umm shall we say eager............

best keep that to yourself in boot, as much as possible anyway, because you WILL need friends to help you get through it; and not many want to be friends with someone so umm shall we say eager............

lol, I understand, I am a pretty friendly guy, my friends say I read too much, but most of them are also C- students.

Oh, dude...

One more huge piece of advice for you..

You are obviously gung ho about this AF thing..

Do yourself a HUGE favor. DO NOT show up to Basic and get off that bus wearing any Air Force attire. No t-shirts, no hats, NOTHING.

Others will. And at that point you will then see why I told you this :thup:

Forum List

Back