Need advice for finding free online education

loriw

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
I am a 49 year old woman looking to further my education ... not necessarily for certifications or a degree program, but something free where I can learn basics for things like medical terminology for example. What I am trying to find is a message board that specializes in education resources where I can learn where to find such courses/discussions online. Imagine that you wanted to get a job in an office that specializes in medical insurance, but you only have experience in the cable/TV industry. Where would I go to learn basic medical terminology so I can at least understand some of the terms that I would hear in an interview for that job. I figured the message boards would be able to direct me to the right resources.

I know this message board might not be the best one for what I am trying to accomplish, so please direct me to where I can find the best advice and direction for what I am trying to accomplish.

I am a 49 year old woman looking to further my education ... not necessarily for certifications or a degree program, but something free where I can learn basics for things like medical terminology for example. What I am trying to find is a message board that specializes in education resources where I can learn where to find such courses/discussions online. Imagine that you wanted to get a job in an office that specializes in medical insurance, but you only have experience in the cable/TV industry. Where would I go to learn basic medical terminology so I can at least understand some of the terms that I would hear in an interview for that job. I figured the message boards would be able to direct me to the right resources.

I know this message board might not be the best one for what I am trying to accomplish, so please direct me to where I can find the best advice and direction for what I am trying to accomplish.

When I don't know where else to ask, I go to "Yahoo Answers."
Since there are many active and retired Educators tutoring there,
you might get some replies or leads.

I know a medical doctor and public advocate who set up her own clinics
and founded an alternative school for all levels of education:
The Real School | A non-hierarchical learning environment in Houston, TX

All the volunteers and participants there believe in sharing
knowledge and education in accessible and sustainable ways.

(If you do have a personal interest in learning medical terminology,
I would look up medical billing or transcription training, or check out medical
websites such as webmd or MDJUNCTION which is very well organized)

If you would like to set up your own website to offer what you envision,
and post the best references and resources you can find
for each of the areas of education, who knows? You could start the
next Facebook or Angie's List and make a lot of money selling it someday!

Best wishes to you!

Forum List

Back