Nebraska fires Bo Pelini

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
The Nebraska Cornhuskers fire Bo Pelini after completing his seventh season with 9 or more wins. Some complain that the firing was a bonehead move as they compare Pelini's first seven years with legendary coach Dr. Tom Osbornes.

The comparison seems remarkable on base, but take a deeper look and the two were no where close. Osbornes lowest final season AP Ranking was #12, Pelini's best was #14.

Osborne's teams never had the blowout loses that Pelini's seemed to have every time they were on the big national stage.

Would be interested in hearing what college football fans across USMB think.

My opinion is that Nebraska had become a shell of what it once was and needed to move along or end up as an also run in the weakest division of one of the weaker conferences of the Big 5.

The Pelini brothers were embarrassing to Nebraska. Even Bo. Didn't surprise me a bit. They fired a better coach than Bo Pelini when they axed Frank Solich, several years ago. Bad move. His teams never embarrassed the Huskers with 70 point losses like Bret Bielema's Wisconsin team laid on them a couple of years back.

The Pelini brothers were embarrassing to Nebraska. Even Bo. Didn't surprise me a bit. They fired a better coach than Bo Pelini when they axed Frank Solich, several years ago. Bad move. His teams never embarrassed the Huskers with 70 point losses like Bret Bielema's Wisconsin team laid on them a couple of years back.

The Solich firing was incredibly stupid, that freaking Steve Pederson, the AD at the time was a moron, brought in Bill Callahan and the slide was on. (Although the guy could recruit)

I'm hoping they latch onto Jerry Kill. Would fit this program like a glove.

Forum List

Back