Nebraska (2013) HBO Max

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I saw this movie when it came out, we rewatched it today.
This is just a great movie, it is just that simple. If you haven't seen it, you won't be disappointed.
An old man at the twilight of his life, never did a damn thing worth anything with that life... gets a letter telling him he won a $million. Not exactly aware of half of what is going on around him... he believes it is real.
And no one is going to stop him to go to Lincoln, NE to claim his prize. Finally! Something big!

I saw this movie when it came out, we rewatched it today.
This is just a great movie, it is just that simple. If you haven't seen it, you won't be disappointed.
An old man at the twilight of his life, never did a damn thing worth anything with that life... gets a letter telling him he won a $million. Not exactly aware of half of what is going on around him... he believes it is real.
And no one is going to stop him to go to Lincoln, NE to claim his prize. Finally! Something big!

Looks good. Rotten Tomatoes rated it highly and Bruce Dern is a darn good actor.

You haven't seen it?
It's awesome. Think Fargo... that kind of humor.
Watched it last night and I share your opinion. It's a fine movie. It has a tight script and Alexandra Payne got good performances out of the whole cast. I loved how he took such a simple uneventful story and turned it into a fascinating glimpse at both aging and the Midwest plains.
Payne said that he was inspired by Peter Bogdanovich's Last Picture Show. Although the story here is different, you can see the same techniques Boodanovich used, carefully composted B&W images and attention to all of his characters. Bruce Dern, age 86 was perfect in the role of Woody.

This movie is not for everyone, many people will be turned away by it's lack of action, and use of B&W.

Last edited:
Watched it last night and I share your opinion. It's a fine movie. It has a tight script and Alexandra Payne got good performances out of the whole cast. I loved how he took such a simple uneventful story and turned it into a fascinating glimpse at both aging and the Midwest plains.
Payne said that he was inspired by Peter Bogdanovich's Last Picture Show. Although the story here is different, you can see the same techniques Boodanovich used, carefully composted B&W images and attention to all of his characters. Bruce Dern, age 86 was perfect in the role of Woody.

This movie is not for everyone, many people will be turned away by it's lack of action, and use of B&W.
And a good ending... I felt like clapping my hands when Woody made the drive down mainstream in the new truck. I like the line Woody says (paraphrasing) "There comes a day when you realize just how much closer you are to the end than the beginning.. and you think... what did I ever do?"

And a good ending... I felt like clapping my hands when Woody made the drive down mainstream in the new truck. I like the line Woody says (paraphrasing) "There comes a day when you realize just how much closer you are to the end than the beginning.. and you think... what did I ever do?"
Yep, I really like this kind of movie.

Forum List

Back