nearly a half million people spoke and the message is clear

Polls arent much more than reflections of voter recognition beyond a month out from the election. Too many voters simply do not decide until the last week who they will vote for to take polls from ten months out very seriously.

Obama vs. Generic Republican: Generic Republican +1.2
Obama vs. Romney: Obama +1.9
Obama vs. Paul: Obama +5.1
Obama vs. Santorum: Obama +9.8
Obama vs. Gingrich: Obama +11.0

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

I think it's fair to say that gives a pretty good indication of each candidates' electability.

I assure you, Democrats would LOVE to see Newt bump off Romney and snatch the nomination.

indeed........but our side is salivating at the prospect of 7 three hour debates with this fraud of a president. Off the charts anticipation!!!

A very compelling question becomes...........will Obama bring his teleprompter?

An equally suspenseful question: Will Gingrich wear his very necessary spanx? The world may never know. :banana:

They don't care about the smear tactics of the left. The story about Newt was pushed 2 days before the election. More than enough time for the message to have any effect it could have had. Conservative Christians threw the garbage tactics out with the rest of the garbage.

It's quite clear the the left in power are desperate to make Romney the nominee and thus attacking everyone but him. Either they think he is easy to beat or they believe he would be the one least likely to undo whatever Obama has done if he wins. He is the least conservative and they are banking on him being the nominee for just that reason.

First we must win the ABR battle then onto the ABO battle.

Newt and Santorum are our hope.
According to what I read, Newt's attacks on Romney's wealth are what tipped the primary to Newt.

So the lobbyist that advised Fannie and Freddie, the lobbyist that cheated on his second wife and married another cheater after abandoning his ill first wife, the lobbyist that thinks wealth is bad is the current front runner of the Republican party.

:lol:

It seemed, judging from the debate, that Romney's bumbling and tripping over whether or not he was going to release his tax records castrated him. The crowd was quite vocal in their cynicism. He was trying to bullshit and skirt the issue, and it hurt him. That's my guess.

They don't care about the smear tactics of the left. The story about Newt was pushed 2 days before the election. More than enough time for the message to have any effect it could have had. Conservative Christians threw the garbage tactics out with the rest of the garbage.

It's quite clear the the left in power are desperate to make Romney the nominee and thus attacking everyone but him. Either they think he is easy to beat or they believe he would be the one least likely to undo whatever Obama has done if he wins. He is the least conservative and they are banking on him being the nominee for just that reason.

According to what I read, Newt's attacks on Romney's wealth are what tipped the primary to Newt.

So the lobbyist that advised Fannie and Freddie, the lobbyist that cheated on his second wife and married another cheater after abandoning his ill first wife, the lobbyist that thinks wealth is bad is the current front runner of the Republican party.

It seemed, judging from the debate, that Romney's bumbling and tripping over whether or not he was going to release his tax records castrated him. The crowd was quite vocal in their cynicism. He was trying to bullshit and skirt the issue, and it hurt him. That's my guess.

give links now. you are really claiming some outrageous shit here.

do it now. or I will really truly take exception to you.

give links now. you are really claiming some outrageous shit here.

do it now. or I will really truly take exception to you.

Uhm....the last fucking debate. I'm really, truly shaking in my shoes.

Obama vs. Generic Republican: Generic Republican +1.2
Obama vs. Romney: Obama +1.9
Obama vs. Paul: Obama +5.1
Obama vs. Santorum: Obama +9.8
Obama vs. Gingrich: Obama +11.0

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

I think it's fair to say that gives a pretty good indication of each candidates' electability.

I assure you, Democrats would LOVE to see Newt bump off Romney and snatch the nomination.

indeed........but our side is salivating at the prospect of 7 three hour debates with this fraud of a president. Off the charts anticipation!!!

A very compelling question becomes...........will Obama bring his teleprompter?

If Newt takes the nomination and we get the debates, I swear I'll rent a large screen tv or drive to any arena that will hold a pay per view cage match with Newt vs Bam Bam.

hehehehe I love it

If Newt gets the nom...book the TV....because the debates are set for October this year.

CPD:

Thats one for the economy! And I do think Newt will go for a knockout punch. It's the red meat that republicans like and impresses the stupid. He won't win anybody over to his position or compel their votes but it should make for good theater.

I do like that the bar is being set so low for Obama. Obviously, he's the best orator/President of recent memory. Keep on lowering expectations.

Exit polls indicated that the attacks on Romney didn't have much of an effect.

Mr. Romney's time running private-equity firm Bain Capital came under increased criticism during the run-up to the South Carolina primary, but the attacks didn't seem to stick. More than two-thirds of South Carolina primary voters surveyed said they held a positive view of Mr. Romney's experience as an investor. But those that had a negative view overwhelmingly backed his rivals.

Gingrich Won on Electability: Exit Polls - WSJ.com

Perhaps.

I think it's a sad commentary on the religious right that they are so bigoted they won't support a Mormon.

This may be the very last time South Carolina is given so much weight as the picker of the Republican candidate.

You won't Support the Mormon either, ravi...

And my money is that when Romney gets the nod, you are going after just that thing. :thup:

:)

peace...

Romney never refused to release his tax returns. He said he would do it in April. A misstep was in saying he would release them in April, then let Gingrich pressure him into releasing them now. The message is quite clear. Romney takes his instructions from a stronger personality. Who is in charge here? A better response for Romney would have been to wait a couple of weeks to put some distance between Gingrich's demand and Romney's compliance. Then said something about the current tax returns being ready early and releasing them. Now, it just looks like he's following orders.

Newt and Santorum huh?

Forum List

Back