NCAA Football CFP Thread: My Rankings, and Scenarios

Yeah...it's still a team sport. Georgia replaced their QB this year and didn't miss a beat. If Alabama beats UGA...and FSU and Michigan win...it will probably be Washington, Alabama, FSU, and Michigan.

College teams replace 25% of their roster each year. The fact that UGA is the defending champ doesn't really matter.
The defending champ has made the following years playoff everytime except twice. Those 2 teams had 2 losses. You saying it doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter.

The defending champ has made the following years playoff everytime except twice. Those 2 teams had 2 losses. You saying it doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter.
Dude...ask anyone. It's all about what you did in 2023...not 2022 or 2021.

This is irrelevant. It's only about this season.

Dude...ask anyone. It's all about what you did in 2023...not 2022 or 2021.
This is irrelevant. It's only about this season.
Look. If UGA loses this game.

Should they make the PO? No, but the committee is likely to put them in anyway. SEC bias, defending champ bias etc. It’s not right but its reality.

FSU shouldn’t make the PO win or lose but they will If UGA doesn’t lose.

There’s little argument that Texas isn’t 1 of the best 4 teams in the nation this year, but the chances of them getting screwed are quite high

Look. If UGA loses this game.

Should they make the PO? No, but the committee is likely to put them in anyway. SEC bias, defending champ bias etc. It’s not right but its reality.

FSU shouldn’t make the PO win or lose but they will If UGA doesn’t lose.

There’s little argument that Texas isn’t 1 of the best 4 teams in the nation this year, but the chances of them getting screwed are quite high
If fsu and Michigan win no bama or uga. Assuming bama wins

Texas beat bama. Bama beat uga.
Tell you what

Alabama won.
If FSU wins and the committee excludes UGA and Alabama, I’ll delete my account and never post here again. If they don’t do that you delete your account and stop posting.

Is it a bet?

One could argue GA just had their playoff game and lost. If you must take an SEC team, ALA continues on. ALA just beat the #1 ranked team on “their home field”.

TX should-could go too, since top win is over top SEC team. TX top loss was to a highly ranked OKLA team at the time.

FSU has beaten only Clemson of any merit. But the committe has the decision. In my book GA is out now.

it is now a committee choice between TX or FSU (if they win). Or it should be.

No one wants an all SEC bracket every year.

Tell you what

Alabama won.
If FSU wins and the committee excludes UGA and Alabama, I’ll delete my account and never post here again. If they don’t do that you delete your account and stop posting.

Is it a bet?
No thanks

So, if LOUISVILLE wins (any shape or form) who moves on? TX? GA? FSU? Ohio st. All one loss teams. Ohios’ loss would be the most highly ranked? Wow!

GA just got beat at home by the #8 ranked team.

Last edited:
On another note...isn't there some way to avoid playing these Power Five championship games concurrently? That really annoys me.

On another note...isn't there some way to avoid playing these Power Five championship games concurrently? That really annoys me.

you mean the games should all start at the same time? Which time zone? No matter where the games are located?

on another sad note, no one is even giving Iowa a chance to score a single point according to the books.

I really like that New Black actor-actress commercial where the nice wife wants to get there in time (use GPS?). But the devious husband is going to save some time taking a shortcut as he heads the car up a mountain looking backroad. really a good one. With his sheeat eating grin as he turns the car.

Forum List

Back