NC Mom discharged from Military

CaféAuLait;1079887 said:
They don't care gunny, just a bunch of immature know it alls....causing a tantrum for the sake of getting attention....

Not worth the time of day.

The article states that more than half of the people in the irr when recalled ask for an exception or dismissal of such.

guess this was conveniently skipped over?

Amazes me that people who haven't served a month in the service expect this family whose husband had already served 3 tours in afghanistan and she had served her active duty tour completely as well expect these people to give up their lives even further, for their lazy asses sitting behind a computer screen in a comfy computer chair.....

man oh man....what cajones!

care

Looks like you need to reread the article. {Pagan's husband did not serve three tours in the woman who wrties a blog in Fort Bragg-- it was her husband served three tours and she wrote:

"It's a fairness issue," says Rebekah Sanderlin, 32, who writes a blog for families at Fort Bragg, N.C., and whose husband has done three tours in Afghanistan. "If the Army lets her family come first, then they have to let all of our families come first."

( emphaisis added)

What cajones she has to ask that everyone be treated equally! How dare she! /sarcasm

Why should her husband serve three tours while Pagan knew she could be recalled as evidenced by the article and she thought it was a small risk to take. That is cajones to me. How dare Rebekah Sanderlin expect her husband to come home and get a break and send another over , I mean how dare she!! :eusa_eh: /sarcasm

MY BAD on the afghanistan mistake...

HOWEVER, more than half recalled ask to be dismissed of it....so what makes you PICK on this woman as if it is something out of the ordinary and disgraceful?

Care

I'm unsure why you think I am picking on her, but you wonder why I think using her children and announcing she was bringing them with her (in the national media no less) to report for duty was okay? She brought the media to the table and turned this into a three ring circus when she announced she was reporting with her 2 toddlers.

She contracted to join the IRR and KNEW she could be recalled but she did not want to fulfill that duty --while others, like those I love are working on more than one tour and Rebekah Sanderlin's husband who is working on his third-- is it okay they go more than once while she does not? Where is the fairness in that?

Is it possible if she and the others (because we are stretched so thin) served their contracted time perhaps our loved ones and others could get a break?

Last edited:
HOWEVER, more than half recalled ask to be dismissed of it....so what makes you PICK on this woman as if it is something out of the ordinary and disgraceful?

Care

She picked on herself when she made this a national story about how difficult her circumstances were when people deploy under far more straining circumstances every single day.

CaféAuLait;1078757 said:
She is not single, she is married with a perfectly capable husband. She signed a contract for EIGHT YEARS not FOUR. Why is everyone so ready to let her drop her obligations?

If every man in the military got a chick pregnant and then showed up at work with his kids because his girlfriend worked do you think they should let him out of his obligation-- if you don't think so please tell me why.

Do you know how many of our military members who are in Iraq and Afghanistan right now have children and have problems with their wives and or girlfriends and or childcare?

The difference being they are on active duty. She was already out and working on the rest of her life WITHOUT the Army's help.

And it doesn't matter where they are. Deployed is deployed. If you cannot deploy because of family, you get discharged. What you folk seem to not want to accept is that discharge for people who cannot deploy because of family situations has been an option for DECADES. This isn't something new.

They don't care gunny, just a bunch of immature know it alls....causing a tantrum for the sake of getting attention....

The article states that more than half of the people in the irr when recalled ask for an exception or dismissal of such.

Amazes me that people who haven't served a month in the service expect this family whose husband had already served 3 tours in afghanistan and she had served her active duty tour completely as well expect these people to give up their lives even further, for their lazy asses sitting behind a computer screen in a comfy computer chair.....

care

There's just something about a gang of bitches likes to scratch another woman's eye out,, it's like high school stuff.. so much for compassion huh? But,, that's all too fucking bad,, this woman gets to stay home with her kids,, that's what matters.. a good person won a round..

CaféAuLait;1078757 said:
How have you really been there Catz? As a single mother, did the government send you overseas for a year where you were not allowed to bring your children?

i don't think it is the same...catz....the struggles of a single mother and this particular scenario of being sent overseas?

Care

She is not single, she is married with a perfectly capable husband. She signed a contract for EIGHT YEARS not FOUR. Why is everyone so ready to let her drop her obligations?

If every man in the military got a chick pregnant and then showed up at work with his kids because his girlfriend worked do you think they should let him out of his obligation-- if you don't think so please tell me why.

Do you know how many of our military members who are in Iraq and Afghanistan right now have children and have problems with their wives and or girlfriends and or childcare?

The difference being they are on active duty. She was already out and working on the rest of her life WITHOUT the Army's help.

And it doesn't matter where they are. Deployed is deployed. If you cannot deploy because of family, you get discharged. What you folk seem to not want to accept is that discharge for people who cannot deploy because of family situations has been an option for DECADES. This isn't something new.

Thanks, Gunny. I wish people would understand more about military life. I may not have served but my father was career Air Force and every summer when my son goes to Ft Lewis and McChord for the special olympics, I feel like I'm coming home.

It is more than just a job.

And thank you for your service, as well.

CaféAuLait;1078874 said:
Having an adult low functioning autistic child, I can say childcare is not easy to come by. Who wants to babysit someone in diapers that's bigger than you? Even when he was younger it was difficult to find and keep babysitters, they just don't want to deal with special needs. When we tried to find respite care, we were referred to a service that wanted money just to refer someone to us and then they wouldn't guarantee that someone would take the job and even if they did, they'd be paid more per hour than I made.

I know some single women on welfare because they have special needs kids and can't make enough in a job to pay them to work when they take into account childcare.

Yes, some moms are able to figure it out easier than others, some have better support systems than others.

She is not single and her children are not autistic. She is married and signed a eight year contract, served four.

Would you allow every man in the military today who had serrved 4 of 8 year contract to go home because his wife can't babysit fulltime?

You are misrepresenting the contract. She signed a contract to serve 4 years on active duty the remainder of 8 in the IRR, and we pretty-much DO allow every man in the military to go home after their 4, and I have SEEN plenty discharged over a period of 20 years due to family hardship.

Again, there is nothign special about this. Whoever decided to blow something as SOP as this so far out of proportion is an idiot.

I'd rep you Gunny, but it says I have to spread it around first.

care

There's just something about a gang of bitches likes to scratch another woman's eye out,, it's like high school stuff.. so much for compassion huh? But,, that's all too fucking bad,, this woman gets to stay home with her kids,, that's what matters.. a good person won a round..

Wow Willow....

A shame my sons father is not with his son at this time and has not been for two tours now-- and Rebekah Sanderlin's husband is not with his children for three tours-- why should a mother seem different? Why should her story gain her a pass when we all have difficulties--- all of us do. Wow just wow—“a gang of bitches”, that was a cold hearted fucked up thing to say when you have no clue yourself.

As Rebekah Sanderlin says'-- if her family comes first then all should.... if her husband was dead I could understand it-- but they are perfectly capable adults-- one who did not wish to fulfill her contract ( which she admits was there and thought it was s slim chance 9-11 changed a lot) and is letting others pick up her slack because we are spread too damn thin.

CaféAuLait;1080674 said:

care

Wow Willow....

A shame my sons father is not with his son at this time and has not been for two tours now-- and Rebekah Sanderlin's husband is not with his children for three tours-- why should a mother seem different? Why should her story gain her a pass when we all have difficulties--- all of us do. Wow just wow—“a gang of bitches”, that was a cold hearted fucked up thing to say when you have no clue yourself.

As Rebekah Sanderlin says'-- if her family comes first then all should.... if her husband was dead I could understand it-- but they are perfectly capable adults-- one who did not wish to fulfill her contract ( which she admits was there and thought it was s slim chance 9-11 changed a lot) and is letting others pick up her slack because we are spread too damn thin.

Too bad. This good girl gets to stay home with her children and all the ill will you guys wish on her won't change a thing.. Hooray,, chalk one up for the good girl.. I'm thankful for the 4 years she served,, including her Iraq tour.. and I'm equally thankful for all the service from all the services who have served.. I'm glad this girl stays home with the kids? Cold hearted? Can't help you.. Too bad you aren't big enough to celebrate another woman, her service and her decision that her kids come first..

CaféAuLait;1080674 said:

Wow Willow....

Too bad. This good girl gets to stay home with her children and all the ill will you guys wish on her won't change a thing.. Hooray,, chalk one up for the good girl.. I'm thankful for the 4 years she served,, including her Iraq tour.. and I'm equally thankful for all the service from all the services who have served.. I'm glad this girl stays home with the kids? Cold hearted? Can't help you.. Too bad you aren't big enough to celebrate another woman, her service and her decision that her kids come first..

"Good girl" are you implying my husband is bad or all the other women who did not squirm out of their commitments are bad? What ill will was wished on her by me, go on point it out? That she fulfill her contract so my husband who is serving two tours and those serving three can come home?

I can't celebrate another SOLDIER who REFUSES to serve THEIR LEGALLY CONTRACTED time while my husband and other are serving far past their time and she uses children as pawns.

She knew she could be called back-- she served three year total in the military. My husband’s time in Iraq soon will match her three total served. Rebekah Sanderlin's husband has spent more time in Iraq then this woman did in the service and you salute her for not fulfilling her contract? Simply amazing.

CaféAuLait;1081007 said:
CaféAuLait;1080674 said:
Wow Willow....

"Good girl" are you implying my husband is bad or all the other women who did not squirm out of their commitments are bad? What ill will was wished on her by me, go on point it out? That she fulfill her contract so my husband who is serving two tours and those serving three can come home?

I can't celebrate another SOLDIER who REFUSES to serve THEIR LEGALLY CONTRACTED time while my husband and other are serving far past their time and she uses children as pawns.

She knew she could be called back-- she served three year total in the military. My husband’s time in Iraq soon will match her three total served. Rebekah Sanderlin's husband has spent more time in Iraq then this woman did in the service and you salute her for not fulfilling her contract? Simply amazing.

where did you extrapolate that idea from??? And, as I have pointed out numerous times,, circumstances change,, they did for her, they may for you,, someday god forbid your husband or one of your friends husband may have to ask for a compassionate change of circumstances. I would not begrudge it one bit if for some reason he could not finish his term.. All of these people volunteered. Volunteered to serve this country. If anyone deserves compassion from an American citizen it is the members of our armed services. If you don't wish to extend compassion to this woman that's on you not me.

CaféAuLait;1081007 said:

The other problem with this is that there are many women who see serving in the armed forces as a career choice. Women like this make it LESS likely that those women will be treated as equals who can be depended upon.

CaféAuLait;1081007 said:

where did you extrapolate that idea from??? And, as I have pointed out numerous times,, circumstances change,, they did for her, they may for you,, someday god forbid your husband or one of your friends husband may have to ask for a compassionate change of circumstances. I would not begrudge it one bit if for some reason he could not finish his term.. All of these people volunteered. Volunteered to serve this country. If anyone deserves compassion from an American citizen it is the members of our armed services. If you don't wish to extend compassion to this woman that's on you not me.

It’s amazing to me that you say you show “compassion” to people-- yet when I tell you my husband is on his second tour at almost three years and other military men are OVER three years in Iraq—your response is “too bad”. Your hypocrisy is showing.

I know many who are retained because of “stop-loss orders” they served their time and can’t get out, this woman REFUSES to server her time because of child care (we ALL have child care difficulties) They/we/ would like to be at home with our children my husband wants to raise his son—but can’t. Again if every soldier used the childcare excuses to get discharged from duty we would have no military. She did not get a a compassionate reassignment.

A bit on Stop Loss if you are unfamiliar with the term:

Military STOP LOSS

Gates, Army working out stop-loss payments - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1081107 said:
CaféAuLait;1081007 said:

It’s amazing to me that you say you show “compassion” to people-- yet when I tell you my husband is on his second tour at almost three years and other military men are OVER three years in Iraq—your response is “too bad”. Your hypocrisy is showing.
I know many who are retained because of “stop-loss orders” they served their time and can’t get out, this woman REFUSES to server her time because of child care (we ALL have child care difficulties) They/we/ would like to be at home with our children my husband wants to raise his son—but can’t. Again if every soldier used the childcare excuses to get discharged from duty we would have no military. She did not get a a compassionate reassignment.

Military STOP LOSS

Gates, Army working out stop-loss payments - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

I think you know that my "too bad" wasn't because your husband was going for another tour! You shouldn't be so dishonest as to say that. I clearly said "too bad" to you naysayers that are so full of vitriol cause this woman caught a break.. You also should not be so dishonest in saying "this woman refused to serve" that's a lie, she served and she showed back up with her children to serve when they called her.. I guess you are good with her abandoning her children hey? She could have surrendered them to foster care! That's one solution..

CaféAuLait;1081107 said:

Military STOP LOSS

I think you know that my "too bad" wasn't because your husband was going for another tour! You shouldn't be so dishonest as to say that. I clearly said "too bad" to you naysayers that are so full of vitriol cause this woman caught a break.. You also should not be so dishonest in saying "this woman refused to serve" that's a lie, she served and she showed back up with her children to serve when they called her.. I guess you are good with her abandoning her children hey? She could have surrendered them to foster care! That's one solution..

No, I did not know that, please go back and reread how our conversation went. As far as her not serving her time—no she did not—she even says she KNEW she could be called back because of the CONTRACT she signed and refuses to "serve that time", "her time", or "the rest of her time", she was compensated for-- However you would like to word it.

"Abandoning her children", "Foster care", stop with the theatrics. Please, what of her husband who and I quote " sometimes travels for his job". Sometimes! and their parents and siblings? Where do you think a lot of military members children are now?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1081197 said:
CaféAuLait;1081107 said:

Military STOP LOSS

No, I did not know that, please go back and reread how our conversation went. As far as her not serving her time—no she did not—she even says she KNEW she could be called back because of the CONTRACT she signed and refuses to "serve that time", "her time", or "the rest of her time", she was compensated for-- However you would like to word it.

"Abandoning her children", "Foster care", stop with the theatrics? Please, what of her husband who and I quootee " sometimes travels for his job". Sometimes! and their parents and siblings? Where do you think a lot of military members children are now?

don't know,, all I know is she showed up with her children in tow and stated she had to take them with her. there was no one to care for them as her husband travelled and the service decided to release her.. I cool with that decision,, if anybody deserves to catch a break a serviceman/woman does.

To the COWARD who PMed me and then made it so I can't respond.

Yes, I knew my husband was in the military when I married him, yes I knew there was the possibility he could go to war and it was possible, he may get as you put it, “fucking blown up”.

I want YOU to know that since your husband has a dick, it is quite possible he might stick it in another woman and cheat on your coward ass AND it is quite possible he might infect you with gonorrhea.

Are we clear?

CaféAuLait;1081211 said:

Yes, I knew my husband was in the military when I married him, yes I knew there was the possibility he could go to war and it was possible, he may get as you put it, “fucking blown up”.

I want YOU to know that since your husband has a dick, it is quite possible he might stick it in another woman and cheat on your coward ass AND it is quite possible he might infect you with gonorrhea.

Are we clear?

for the record... It was not I.

CaféAuLait;1081211 said:

Are we clear?

for the record... It was not I.

I did not think it was. That is why I addressed it in a seperate a post/

Update from Fox news this morning. Our little Mom got an honorable discharge.

:eusa_pray:

She's been honorably dicharged as she should have been.

She served very honorable, already, and given her circumstances, I think America will survive just fine despite the fact that she is home with her kids.

Forum List

Back