NC House Republican Says He Will Vote Against tea party Plan to Shut Down Government

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013
GOP Rep Grilled By Tea Party At Town Hall Over Obamacare Funding (VIDEO)

Rep. Robert Pittenger (R-NC) received an earful Monday at a town hall after he said that he will not be backing efforts to defund Obamacare and risk a government shutdown

The exchange was captured and posted by the tea party website ConstitutionalWar.org. A man off camera can be heard asking Pittenger about the defunding effort spearheaded by Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT).

"Do you want the thoughtful answer?" Pittenger asked.

"I want yes or no," the man said.

Pittenger then said "no," a clip that the tea party website re-played in slow-motion.

GOP Rep Grilled By Tea Party At Town Hall Over Obamacare Funding (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

Last edited:
There is no Tea Party plan to shut the government.

Defunding Obamacare and funding everything else isn't shutting down the government.

The people talking about shutting down the government are Democrats if Obamacare isn't funded.

Are you really willing to shut down the government to make our health care system worse?

If dems fail to pass the house bill ....

Republicans control the House.

But you know that ... or do you?

:)

Democrats have a choice. Defund obamacare or shut down government. If government gets shut down, it's because democrats care more about obama than they do about funding the government.

Non issue, they don't have the votes and they know it. This is just more red meat for the base. On a national stage in 2012 Romeny ran on repealing Obamacare and 51% of the voting public voted for Obama. They have voted 40 times to repeal it. This is nothing more than Republicans solidifying there stance so they will not get primaried in 2014.

I want everyone to remember this. Don't be going all goldfish with a 3 second memory and forgetting this later when the Democrats do some turnabout. When the Democrats refuse to fund a legally passed program, don't be whining they are doing something unconstitutional or ignoring the will of the people. I know those are your favorites; "unconstitutional", "will of the people".

Don't even think about it.

But we all know you will. Deep down inside, you know you will.

Last edited:
I want everyone to remember this. Don't be going all goldfish with a 3 second memory and forgetting this later when the Democrats do some turnabout. When the Democrats refuse to fund a legally passed program, don't be whining they are doing something unconstitutional or ignoring the will of the people. I know those are your favorites; "unconstitutional", "will of the people".

I am actually looking forward to the Republicans gaining control of the Senate and see the complete 180 this board will do when it comes to fillibuster reform.

I am actually looking forward to the Republicans gaining control of the Senate and see the complete 180 this board will do when it comes to fillibuster reform.

Oh, there has already been an amnesia epidemic. "Bush is spying on all of us? Yawn." "Obama is spying on us? THAT BASTARD HATES T3H KONSTITUSHUN!" "Bush is doubling the national debt? Yawn..."

There will be an even bigger memory wipe when Congress changes hands. You bet.

Last edited:

Defunding Obamacare and funding everything else isn't shutting down the government.

The people talking about shutting down the government are Democrats if Obamacare isn't funded.

Are you really willing to shut down the government to make our health care system worse?

Republicans, especially tea party members, would be screaming if the Dems were to "defund" corporate welfare. They would be accusing the Dems of trying to "shut down the government". So why is this somehow any different jut because the shoe is on the other foot?

Republicans, especially tea party members, would be screaming if the Dems were to "defund" corporate welfare. They would be accusing the Dems of trying to "shut down the government". So why is this somehow any different jut because the shoe is on the other foot?

Nope.. conservatives, most of which call for smaller government and equal treatment, would APPLAUD the elimination of corporate welfare and government subsidization as well...

Idiot

Nope.. conservatives, most of which call for smaller government and equal treatment, would APPLAUD the elimination of corporate welfare and government subsidization as well...

Idiot

Please provide links to substantiate that "conservatives" have been demanding the defunding of corporate welfare let alone "applauding" it.

gawd you liberals are so DISHONEST...The Tea Party's motto is TAXED enough already...and they are speaking for the people and telling government to take their hands off our pocketbooks.... not some idiot shit you spew about defunding corporate welfare.. you look STUPID regurgitating this tired ole talking point, you don't mind looking like fool and a parrot?

Forum List

Back