NBC editgate

The Ed Schultz example was so bizarre it was silly.

The one where they edited out the color of the guy carrying the gun and used the resulting video to portray Obama's critics as racist was horrible. But I don't remember hearing anyone on the left ever say anything about it. Did MSNBC ever explain how that happened or apologize for it?

From your link:

IIyOgETw2LwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

(A video is available at the link above at this point.)

There needs to be a public way to dismantle dysfunctional Fifth Column units.

They're a disservice to the world.

This is what you righties are crying about, somehow NBC wasn't fair to Zimmerman the stalker and killer of a 17 year old?
Why the right never gets a fair hearing. Oh, well yeah there is GOP TV, er, I mean Fox News.

This is what you righties are crying about, somehow NBC wasn't fair to Zimmerman the stalker and killer of a 17 year old?
Why the right never gets a fair hearing. Oh, well yeah there is GOP TV, er, I mean Fox News.

I would have been perfectly happy to have had NBC just put the entire context of the 911 call on the air, and let the cards fall where they will. But, what from I've heard....it can't be deemed a hate crime that NBC had portrayed it as.

Did you listen to the editing job on the tape by NBC?

I would have been perfectly happy to have had NBC just put the entire context of the 911 call on the air, and let the cards fall where they will. But, what from I've heard....it can't be deemed a hate crime that NBC had portrayed it as.

Do you feel that there was anything unethical done in this editing?

From your link:

IIyOgETw2LwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

(A video is available at the link above at this point.)

There needs to be a public way to dismantle dysfunctional Fifth Column units.

They're a disservice to the world.
I hate to quote myself, but in all fairness, the quotation was omitted that I thought I had posted. so I will just say, the article shows that NBC has edited two other news events especially to give an unfair political advantage to Barack Obama to attack with unimpeded venom, other Americans by labeling them as racists. Case in point was the August 2009, NBC's Contessa Brewer used deceptive editing so MSNBC's viewers would not know the man carrying firearms to a tea party was a black man. This allowed Contessa Brewer to conduct an inflammatory televised editorial about how the tea party is racially prejudiced toward Barack Obama and how unthinkable it would be this racism could lead to Obama's assassination.

That's plain evil, just like the editing of wounds off Zimmerman's head could bring up another calumnous and false claim about racists and how dangerous they are.

I think calumny in the press should lead to a disbarring process by the lifelong elimination of journalists from public broadcast who color the page with lies for proffering a fast one on the American public.

Everything about the press and this president is pure propaganda, it seems to me.

It's wrong and it should not be so blatantly misused as alleged journalists are really just party panderers, bending the truth with lies and deception to get a point across.

That article is not just about one guy. It's about a press out to expend American citizens in the most crooked, calloused way, and nobody bats an eye at these falsetto communications going on in the lockstep press, perverting mainstream to an unprecedented house of cards in place of honesty and truth.

That just isn't what America stands for.

Last edited:

I think a public nuisancy law should be instituted to make press accountable when they engage in political errors of omission for the purpose of painting a lie for the public to see and believe is true.

No fair!

You have it bass-ackward hosie. NBC is the one that said their own producer wasn't fair to Zimmerman.

MSNBC cropped so closely a video of this African that you couldn't see that he's black. Their story was to promote the idea that the Tea Party is full of dangerous whites.

Guy-with-Assault-Rifle-1.jpg

I wish Liberals had an L burned into their foreheads, so if I ever accidentally run over one, I won't have to worry that I hit something that wasn't trash.

Do you feel that there was anything unethical done in this editing?

Absolutely!.

MSNBC cropped so closely a video of this African that you couldn't see that he's black. Their story was to promote the idea that the Tea Party is full of dangerous whites.

Guy-with-Assault-Rifle-1.jpg

I wish Liberals had an L burned into their foreheads, so if I ever accidentally run over one, I won't have to worry that I hit something that wasn't trash.
Airux, please just state your case. I'm a conservative, but I have friends on both sides of the aisle who are just as passionate about decency and correct reporting as we are. Not everyone can see and appreciate the perspectives that make our nation bright. Please be with Americans against this unfortunate "gotcha" situation that has developed in the press in the last 10 years in which tampering inflames and divides us.

We do our very best as individuals to make USMB a place where we respect everyone, even if their views are different.

I hope I never see you call liberals trash again. Some of their dads probably saved some of our dad's butts over there in WWII, Korea, and VietNam, and vice-versa. We're a board of all the people, not just conservatives.

We need to change our habits and get in the good habit of trying to show consideration for each other. This nation needs everyone to feel welcome to come to the table of deliberation without being harshly prejudicial upon any group in America that does not seek to ram planes into buildings.

We need to encourage all sectors to ostracize press persons who persist in presenting false facts through doctored pictures. We need to do this together with people of differing perspectives as a people. Please help by refraining from ad hominems. Won't you, please? Thx.

I hope I never see you call liberals trash again. Some of their dads probably saved some of our dad's butts over there in WWII, Korea, and VietNam, and vice-versa. We're a board of all the people, not just conservatives.

None of our dads' butts should have been over there in WWII, Korea, and VietNam. The virtue of avoiding foreign entanglements and having a strong military is so that you don't have to get involved in these things.

This nation needs everyone to feel welcome to come to the table of deliberation without being harshly prejudicial upon any group in America that does not seek to ram planes into buildings.

As far as I'm concerned, liberals want to do the political equivalent of ramming planes into buildings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back