NBC Claim: Al Gore rebuts Palin's climate change claims

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
I'm not Sure algore did anything but make the Claim that the North Cap is Disappearing... He can't Prove that it's 20 Year Recession is the beginning of the End of that Cap, and he also Ignores the South... Conveniently.

Anyway, NBC has Settled this Bullshit from Sarah Palin once and for all!

And here is Sum of algore's Comments as of now from what NBC as Released:

Al Gore rebuts Palin's climate change claims
Al Gore rebuts Palin's climate change claims - Politics- msnbc.com

Gore bit back during an interview with NBC's Andrea Mitchell to air Wednesday afternoon. The former presidential candidate said "the deniers are persisting in an era of unreality. The entire North Polar ice cap is disappearing before our eyes ... what do they think is happening?"

Gore said Wednesday that the scientific community has worked intensively on the issue for twenty years. "It's a principle in physics," he told Mitchell. "It's like gravity, it exists."

Gore attributed the partisan divide over climate change to the leadership of the modern Republican party, which he feels has adopted a stronger stance on denying global warming.

Gore emphasized that climate change should be a bipartisan issue. "It used to be," he said.

He cited Lindsey Graham as one example of a Republican leader who accepts the science.

---

Well, between algore's Claims and his Supposed Support from Lindsey Graham, this is just about Settled Science.

I wonder if Graham "Rebuts" algore if NBC will Headline it?...

:)

peace...

Last edited:
I'm not Sure algore did anything but make the Claim that the North Cap is Disappearing... He can't Prove that it's 20 Year Recession is the beginning of the End of that Cap, and he also Ignores the South... Conveniently.

Anyway, NBC has Settled this Bullshit from Sarah Palin once and for all!

And here is Sum of algore's Comments as of now from what NBC as Released:

Al Gore rebuts Palin's climate change claims
Al Gore rebuts Palin's climate change claims - Politics- msnbc.com

Gore bit back during an interview with NBC's Andrea Mitchell to air Wednesday afternoon. The former presidential candidate said "the deniers are persisting in an era of unreality. The entire North Polar ice cap is disappearing before our eyes ... what do they think is happening?"

Gore said Wednesday that the scientific community has worked intensively on the issue for twenty years. "It's a principle in physics," he told Mitchell. "It's like gravity, it exists."

Gore attributed the partisan divide over climate change to the leadership of the modern Republican party, which he feels has adopted a stronger stance on denying global warming.

Gore emphasized that climate change should be a bipartisan issue. "It used to be," he said.

He cited Lindsey Graham as one example of a Republican leader who accepts the science.

---

Well, between algore's Claims and his Supposed Support from Lindsey Graham, this is just about Settled Science.

I wonder if Graham "Rebuts" algore if NBC will Headline it?...

:)

peace...

Did Al Gore say this from his PRIVATE JET, or the LIMO that he rides around in???

From your link. Palin knows there is climate change, she as many of us are now learning and not sure if it is man caused or a natural weather pattern. After all, the earth used to be covered in Ice- the ice age. That certainly changed, and that happened before man was even here to emit CO2 into the air.:lol::lol:

From your link:

Palin said she's personally witnessed "the impact of changing weather patterns." But she said that "while we recognize the occurrence of these natural, cyclical environmental trends, we can't say with assurance that man's activities cause weather changes."

"This scandal obviously calls into question the proposals being pushed in Copenhagen," added Palin in The Washington Post. "Our representatives in Copenhagen should remember that good environmental policymaking is about weighing real-world costs and benefits — not pursuing a political agenda."

She added that, in light of the e-mail controversy, President Barack Obama should boycott the upcoming climate change conference in Denmark. "Without trustworthy science and with so much at stake, Americans should be wary about what comes out of this politicized conference," said Palin.

Click for related content
Vote: Should Obama boycott the conference?
WP: Read Palin's opinion piece
First Read: Gore vs. Palin

Last edited:
I think that we are going into another Ice Age, it's colder than a well-digger's ass in my area, -4 degree's and wind chills of -20 and we have had a very cool summer. It's been unusually cool, my garden did not even do well this past summer. I think we need to pump some more CO2 into the air to warm things up a little. LOL

Last edited:
I am glad Al Gore can come out from his shell to rebute Palin but doesn't say shit due to Climate gate

I can't help it......
THE GOREMONS will save you!!!

goremons_600.jpg

PM - East Antarctic ice sheet melting faster than expected 23/11/2009

The eastern part of Antarctica is the largest ice shelf in the world, making up three quarters of the continent.

Scientists have known that the smaller western ice sheet was thinning but they believed that the East was largely untouched by warming temperatures.

They had thought that the ice was accumulating as quickly as it was lost.

Now a new study shows that it's melting.

Nathan Bindoff is a professor in physical oceanography at the Antarctic Climate Ecosystems Cooperative research centre in Hobart.

The scientists from the University of Texas measured the total ice mass of Antarctica using NASA satellites dubbed GRACE, or the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment mission.

The two satellites measured changes in Earth's gravity field.

The data shows that East Antarctica has been shedding about 57 billion tonnes of ice mass each year since 2006. And most of this loss has occurred in the coastal fringes.

50/50 Bet North Pole Melts Away This Summer : TreeHugger

According to the informal betting pool among scientists at the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado there's a 50/50 bet that the geographic North Pole will melt away completely this summer.

The ice had retreated to a record level in September when the Northwest Passage, the sea route through the Arctic Ocean, opened up briefly for the first time in recorded history.

According to the center's senior research scientist, Mark Serreze, specific weather patterns will determine whether the North Pole's ice cover melts completely, but the speed at which the projections for total ice loss at the pole have increased is really disturbing. With many scientists predicting just a few years ago that total loss would not occur in summer until at least 2050.

---------------

And the Republican Party, the Party of "ooga booga", the party that only 6% of American scientists will admit to being a member of, the party of "magical creation" and "anti science" is laughing. They are laughing because they think they know more than the rest of the world.

Well, welcome to the "laugh party". Because the rest of the world is laughing too. They are laughing at the party of "ooga booga". The Confederate Party. The party of ignorance. The party of the determined stupid. The party of, "If we get rid of the gays and feminists, maybe God will restore his "veil of protection". Yea, maybe.

Bullshit on the Antarctic ice - it's doing just fine. The eastern portion of the Antarctic is FOUR TIMES the western portion, which has been experiencing some melting - though not abnormal melting by any means. Some say it's global warming, others say its normal calving.

The news item cited in the prior post was most likely a hastily comprised "study" timed for Copenhagen. It has not been "peer reviewed" and will dissapear as quickly as it surfaced.

The real deal as follows...

Dr Allison said there was not any evidence of significant change in the mass of ice shelves in east Antarctica nor any indication that its ice cap was melting. "The only significant calvings in Antarctica have been in the west," he said. And he cautioned that calvings of the magnitude seen recently in west Antarctica might not be unusual.

"Ice shelves in general have episodic carvings and there can be large icebergs breaking off -- I'm talking 100km or 200km long -- every 10 or 20 or 50 years."

Ice core drilling in the fast ice off Australia's Davis Station in East Antarctica by the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Co-Operative Research Centre shows that last year, the ice had a maximum thickness of 1.89m, its densest in 10 years. The average thickness of the ice at Davis since the 1950s is 1.67m.

A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded.

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking | The Australian

Of course the polar ice is melting!!! Is Palin too stupid to know that just a few kilometer below the surface the Earth is millions of degrees warm???

Duh!

Of course the polar ice is melting!!! Is Palin too stupid to know that just a few kilometer below the surface the Earth is millions of degrees warm???

Duh!

Yes Ladies and Gents...OwlGore did say it...

Gore has no clue – a few million degrees here and there and pretty soon we’re talking about real temperature

This is mind blowing ignorance on the part of Al Gore. Gore in an 11/12/09 interview on NBC’s tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, speaking on geothermal energy, champion of slide show science, can’t even get the temperature of earth’s mantle right, claiming “several million degrees” at “2 kilometers or so down”. Oh, and the “crust of the earth is hot” too.

Temperature of the sun’s corona: 1–2 million kelvin
Temperature of the sun’s photosphere: 6,000 kelvin
Temperature of the Earths mantle, more than “2 kilometers or so down”: between 500 °C to 900 °C (773 to 1173 kelvin)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_4pzfOSTc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

He talks of Geothermal...Won't that produce WATER VAPOR?

EPA Seeks To Have Water Vapor Classified As A Pollutant <LINK

And what of those Hydrogen powered cars they tout? What are thier emmissions? WATER VAPOR...

Yep looks like they've been caught again. OwlGore? I think you should be concerned with miners whom go into the depths to mine coal and other resources...oh that's right! (Silly me...you're trying to put them out of business too)!

Duh!

Yes Ladies and Gents...OwlGore did say it...

Gore has no clue – a few million degrees here and there and pretty soon we’re talking about real temperature

This is mind blowing ignorance on the part of Al Gore. Gore in an 11/12/09 interview on NBC’s tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, speaking on geothermal energy, champion of slide show science, can’t even get the temperature of earth’s mantle right, claiming “several million degrees” at “2 kilometers or so down”. Oh, and the “crust of the earth is hot” too.

Temperature of the sun’s corona: 1–2 million kelvin
Temperature of the sun’s photosphere: 6,000 kelvin
Temperature of the Earths mantle, more than “2 kilometers or so down”: between 500 °C to 900 °C (773 to 1173 kelvin)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_4pzfOSTc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

He talks of Geothermal...Won't that produce WATER VAPOR?

EPA Seeks To Have Water Vapor Classified As A Pollutant <LINK

And what of those Hydrogen powered cars they tout? What are thier emmissions? WATER VAPOR...

Yep looks like they've been caught again. OwlGore? I think you should be concerned with miners whom go into the depths to mine coal and other resources...oh that's right! (Silly me...you're trying to put them out of business too)!

:clap2: :clap2:

Everytime I hear anything from Al Gore it makes me think back to when he got lost in the woods while out for a walk when he was the Vice President. I think this poor guy is still "lost in the woods".

Water Vapor as a pollutant.

The common sense train has completely derailed folks.

How reasonable minds can smile and nod at such asinine machinations by our government is incomprehensible.

The Founders would pull the plug on this experiment and conclude we are unworthy of the gift...

2 morons in Sarah Palin and Al Gore go at it... they should settle this in the ring! I bet Sarah can beat his ass too, probably has a lot of anger built up from all the bashing she's receiving!

Do you know how many Global Warming Spawned Cat 5 hurricanes have devastated the USA since Katrina? It's amazing we have any states left!

Forum List

Back