NBA Tonight

I hate the spurs

They want back to back championships. Clips, Rockets and Warriors is a pretty tough road to hoe though.

4oIJ3sVK.gif

Yeah, really tough. It doesn't help them that Splitter and Parker are hurt, but in any case, Im done counting the spurs out.

Clips bench is atrocious. If it weren't for the fact the Spurs had to play Duncan 44 mins in Game 2 and that Splitter and Parker are playing injured, I'd call it. But Spurs going home now, where Danny Green shoots 47 percent from 3's (39 percent on the road).

There isn't a bench to speak of, just Jamal Crawford.

Austin Rivers says high :biggrin:
He also says thanks dad.

True. His dad trade for him. Basically they traded Reggie Bullock, Chris Douglas Roberts and Jordan Crawford fir him. So they gave up a lot of trash for a 22 year old prospect.
He showed some flashes last night. He might not be the lost cause I thought he was in NO.

Clips bench is atrocious. If it weren't for the fact the Spurs had to play Duncan 44 mins in Game 2 and that Splitter and Parker are playing injured, I'd call it. But Spurs going home now, where Danny Green shoots 47 percent from 3's (39 percent on the road).

He also says thanks dad.

True. His dad trade for him. Basically they traded Reggie Bullock, Chris Douglas Roberts and Jordan Crawford fir him. So they gave up a lot of trash for a 22 year old prospect.
He showed some flashes last night. He might not be the lost cause I thought he was in NO.

Coming out of college, Rivers was hyped enough that one thought he might at least be a solid starter if not a fringe all-star. But quickly his shortcomings became evident; a rail thin body, a lack of composure, a lack of court vision and a bad shot. Certainly there was enough there to justify having him as a bench player. But once the athleticism goes a bit..... Still, he could be a reliable back-up / spot starter if he fixed his shot, which is godawful.

This illlustrates the difference between the Spurs and Clips (Pop and Doc). When Kawhi Leonard came into the league, they recognized the flaws in his shooting mechanics and worked to change them from day one. That's not going to happen with Rivers in LA.

He also says thanks dad.

Coming out of college, Rivers was hyped enough that one thought he might at least be a solid starter if not a fringe all-star. But quickly his shortcomings became evident; a rail thin body, a lack of composure, a lack of court vision and a bad shot. Certainly there was enough there to justify having him as a bench player. But once the athleticism goes a bit..... Still, he could be a reliable back-up / spot starter if he fixed his shot, which is godawful.

This illlustrates the difference between the Spurs and Clips (Pop and Doc). When Kawhi Leonard came into the league, they recognized the flaws in his shooting mechanics and worked to change them from day one. That's not going to happen with Rivers in LA.
Once Rivers stops being in a hurry and yes fixes his shot, he will be serviceable. With his pops coaching him he may even become a starter somewhere. Dont know how close you are to what NBA players do but you better believe someone is working with young Rivers on his shot.

You give Pop too much credit. Its the organization not just Pop. Spurs from top to bottom are a machine and model of consistency.

He also says thanks dad.

Austin looked pretty good in high school and college, it just hasn't translated into the NBA. He really should have stayed in Duke a few more years.

Once Rivers stops being in a hurry and yes fixes his shot, he will be serviceable. With his pops coaching him he may even become a starter somewhere. Dont know how close you are to what NBA players do but you better believe someone is working with young Rivers on his shot.

You give Pop too much credit. Its the organization not just Pop. Spurs from top to bottom are a machine and model of consistency.

Don't know how close you are to what NBA players do. All NBA players are 'worked with.' Not all organizations have the wherewithal to not treat their players with kid gloves; and there's frankly no evidence that anyone is changing the fundamentals of Rivers' shooting. It's like watching the guard version of Shawn Marion out there.

Too much credit? Yea, I don't know how close you are to what NBA organizations do either. Popovich is at the heart of everything that goes down in SA. It's been that way for two decades now.

Austin looked pretty good in high school and college, it just hasn't translated into the NBA. He really should have stayed in Duke a few more years.

In theory, you could be right.

But really, Rivers had to have came out when he did. If he waited any longer, he risked not being a lottery player and not making a pay day from the get go. And this way, he gets to that healthy veteran money sooner too.

He also says thanks dad.

Don't know how close you are to what NBA players do. All NBA players are 'worked with.' Not all organizations have the wherewithal to not treat their players with kid gloves; and there's frankly no evidence that anyone is changing the fundamentals of Rivers' shooting. It's like watching the guard version of Shawn Marion out there.

Too much credit? Yea, I don't know how close you are to what NBA organizations do either. Popovich is at the heart of everything that goes down in SA. It's been that way for two decades now.
I'm very close to what NBA players do. No not all NBA players are worked with on mechanics. They have to buy in which Rivers will do with his father running the show. Yes all organizations have the wherewithal. Most are owned by billionaires with a vested interest in putting at least a serviceable product on the floor every night. Even the Clips had shooting coaches when Sterling was the owner. You may not see evidence but that doesnt mean you know what to look for. His shot has changed slightly already. I expect major changes over the summer as they will have more time to work with him. Nothing was wrong with Marions shot. It went in a lot no matter how odd it looks.

Pop may be at the heart but the brain is the owner. He puts people in positions so they can succeed. That includes Pop.

But really, Rivers had to have came out when he did. If he waited any longer, he risked not being a lottery player and not making a pay day from the get go. And this way, he gets to that healthy veteran money sooner too.

I guess my thing is he comes from a rich family, his father is Doc Rivers. He didn't really "need" the money, like other players from impoverished backgrounds. In fact, Doc urged him to stay in Duke for a few more years. I really think coming into the league too early stunted his development and might actually end up costing him money too. If Doc Rivers was not his father I don't believe he would even be in the league.

I guess my thing is he comes from a rich family, his father is Doc Rivers. He didn't really "need" the money, like other players from impoverished backgrounds. In fact, Doc urged him to stay in Duke for a few more years. I really think coming into the league too early stunted his development and might actually end up costing him money too. If Doc Rivers was not his father I don't believe he would even be in the league.
Exactly. Rivers needs to learn to play under control. Since he didnt need the money he could have done that under coach K and raised his stock. Doc moving him to the Clips saved his NBA career.

I'm very close to what NBA players do. No not all NBA players are worked with on mechanics. They have to buy in which Rivers will do with his father running the show. Yes all organizations have the wherewithal. Most are owned by billionaires with a vested interest in putting at least a serviceable product on the floor every night. Even the Clips had shooting coaches when Sterling was the owner. You may not see evidence but that doesnt mean you know what to look for. His shot has changed slightly already. I expect major changes over the summer as they will have more time to work with him. Nothing was wrong with Marions shot. It went in a lot no matter how odd it looks.

Pop may be at the heart but the brain is the owner. He puts people in positions so they can succeed. That includes Pop.

Save your lame ass lectures on how NBA works, dude. I know how it works.

And the Spurs owner has relatively little to do with it. Yes, he's a competent businessman and he deserves whatever credit he deserves. But Pop is the guy that makes all basketball personnel decisions in that organization, PERIOD.

And the Spurs owner has relatively little to do with it. Yes, he's a competent businessman and he deserves whatever credit he deserves. But Pop is the guy that makes all basketball personnel decisions in that organization, PERIOD.
Dont get upset you asked a question and didnt like the answer. Its obvious you dont know shit about what goes on so lets stop playing games. Save that shit for someone that buys your BS

The Spurs owner has everything to do with it. Just because you dont know doesnt mean anything. No Pop doesnt make all the decisions. He delegates like he was taught to by the owner. Thats why you never hear about any BS from the Spurs. Everyone is a trusted and vital part of the machine.

They have to buy in which Rivers will do with his father running the show. Yes all organizations have the wherewithal.... You may not see evidence but that doesnt mean you know what to look for. His shot has changed slightly already. I expect major changes over the summer as they will have more time to work with him. Nothing was wrong with Marions shot. It went in a lot no matter how odd it looks.

Employees always have to 'buy in.' It's the good organizations who find people to 'buy in' and get rid of the ones who don't.

Rivers mechanics are putrid. It doesn't really matter if you think there have been small beneficial changes. Frankly though, the numbers don't support it. Rivers free throw percentage dropped 16 percent upon coming to LA. His FG percent went up; but that was the product of being in a system that didn't allow him to run down the floor and jack up shots.

And Marion's shot was terrible. He shot from the waist and had a terrible release and that limited his offensive scoring options. He had a limited mid range game because of it.

They have to buy in which Rivers will do with his father running the show. Yes all organizations have the wherewithal.... You may not see evidence but that doesnt mean you know what to look for. His shot has changed slightly already. I expect major changes over the summer as they will have more time to work with him. Nothing was wrong with Marions shot. It went in a lot no matter how odd it looks.

Employees always have to 'buy in.' It's the good organizations who find people to 'buy in' and get rid of the ones who don't.

Rivers mechanics are putrid. It doesn't really matter if you think there have been small beneficial changes. Frankly though, the numbers don't support it. Rivers free throw percentage dropped 16 percent upon coming to LA. His FG percent went up; but that was the product of being in a system that didn't allow him to run down the floor and jack up shots.

And Marion's shot was terrible. He shot from the waist and had a terrible release and that limited his offensive scoring options. He had a limited mid range game because of it.
BS. Plenty of employees dont buy in. Thats why you see CEO's get replaced. They dont provide a compelling vision for the masses of employees to follow. Stop talking about things you obviously are not familiar with. Its getting funnier by the minute.

Actually it does really matter if I see the changes. It shows me you didnt have a clue of what you were talking about. Marions shot looked terrible but it went in. Marion was always known as a defensive player. His shot was a bonus since he was not looked at as a purely offensive player. Again get a clue before you start talking about things you dont have experience with.

Dont get upset you asked a question and didnt like the answer. Its obvious you dont know shit about what goes on so lets stop playing games. Save that shit for someone that buys your BS

The Spurs owner has everything to do with it. Just because you dont know doesnt mean anything. No Pop doesnt make all the decisions. He delegates like he was taught to by the owner. Thats why you never hear about any BS from the Spurs. Everyone is a trusted and vital part of the machine.

I'm 'upset' cos I didn't like one of your basketball answers? Why would I get upset about such things? And especially why would I get upset when I know you're full of sh__? No, dude, I simply told you that I wasn't going to have a helping of condescension from a dumb ass like you. I've seen you on other boards, and I know you're a laughing stock on them. So, let's start with I know that much about the NBA before you presume to talk down to me next time. Mmmkay?

Dude...Pop delegates. But that doesn't mean he doesn't oversee. You're a total dumbass if you don't get that. Pop was the GM before he was the coach. You think he stepped down and gave up his real power? If you think that, you're a moron (you are anyhow; that's been established). Yes, Pop trusts guys like Buford do a great deal of leg work; but that does not mean that he's not keeping tabs.

You don't have the slightest clue of how my champion Spurs operate and yet you throw out such fallacious tenets. This is why you are a laughing stock.

Last edited:

BS. Plenty of employees dont buy in. Thats why you see CEO's get replaced. They dont provide a compelling vision for the masses of employees to follow. Stop talking about things you obviously are not familiar with. Its getting funnier by the minute.

Actually it does really matter if I see the changes. It shows me you didnt have a clue of what you were talking about. Marions shot looked terrible but it went in. Marion was always known as a defensive player. His shot was a bonus since he was not looked at as a purely offensive player. Again get a clue before you start talking about things you dont have experience with.

You have comprehension issues? Did I say every employee buys in? And did I not say that quality orgs replace employees who don't buy in?

Just because a shot 'goes in?' That makes it optimal? He should accept a lesser shot cos his offense is bonus anyhow? And you come at me telling me I have no clue? Okay, laughing stock boy__ :lmao:

I'm 'upset' cos I didn't like one of your basketball answers? Why would I get upset about such things? And especially why would I get upset when I know your full of sh__? No, dude, I simply told you that I wasn't going to have a helping of condescension from a dumb ass like you. I've seen you on other boards, and I know you're a laughing stock on them. So, let's start with I know that much about the NBA before you presume to talk down to me next time. Mmmkay?

Dude...Pop delegates. But that doesn't mean he doesn't oversee. You're a total dumbass if you don't get that. Pop was the GM before he was the coach. You think he stepped down and gave up his real power? If you think that, you're a moron (you are anyhow; that's been established). Yes, Pop trusts guys like Buford do a great deal of leg work; but that does not mean that he's not keeping tabs.

You don't have the slightest clue of how my champion Spurs operate and yet you throw out such fallacious tenets. This is why you are a laughing stock.
Yes its evident you were upset. The fact you admitted you felt I was being condescending tells me you were threatened and therefore upset. Dont really care what you have seen on other boards. Focus on the topic at hand. You dont know much about the NBA or basketball from your comments and thats what I started with.

I'm the one that told you Pop delegates. Thanks for agreeing. I didnt say he didnt oversee. I said you give Pop too much credit. Learn to read and you wont get your panties in a bunch. Youre confusing power with credit. Thats like saying the a manager gets the credit for one of his employees coming up with and idea. Seem like I have more knowledge of the Spurs than you do as a casual fan.

You have comprehension issues? Did I say every employee buys in? And did I not say that quality orgs replace employees who don't buy in?

Just because a shot 'goes in?' That makes it optimal? He should accept a lesser shot cos his offense is bonus anyhow? And you come at me telling me I have no clue? Okay, laughing stock boy__ :lmao:
You said "employees always buy in". You didnt make any distinction so "always" would apply to all employees. Doesnt matter what you said about quality organizations. It still isnt true. Quality organizations convince the majority of the employees to buy in. There are always some that dont.

I'd say shooting a career FG of 48% was pretty good for a SF that is not really an offensive player. Where did you see me use the term optimal? Are you deflecting because you dont know what you are talking about or are you just stupid?

Forum List

Back