Navy SEALs:assault charges for capturing most-wanted jihad terrorist

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
It is well past the time for a military coup and a return of the country bavck to the people after a cleansing of the lobbiests in DC.

The poor jihadi had a bloody lip!

Yet another Which Side Is Obama On Alert: "Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist," by Rowan Scarborough for FoxNews, November 24 (thanks to Mackie):

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq -- the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.
The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment -- called an admiral's mast -- and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors -- and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs -- two officers and an enlisted sailor -- have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."...

The poor jihadi had a bloody lip!

Yet another Which Side Is Obama On Alert: "Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist," by Rowan Scarborough for FoxNews, November 24 (thanks to Mackie):

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq -- the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.
The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment -- called an admiral's mast -- and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors -- and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs -- two officers and an enlisted sailor -- have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."...

How does Obama have anything to do with these people being charged?
I am sure they have been investigating this long before Obama even took office.

Liberals have a hard time finding things like that. They are too busy reading liberal rags.

From the article:

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.
Luissa, who is the CiC?

I suppose it would have been better if Abed had fired on the SEALs and been killed. We wouldn't have to waste money paying trial lawyers to defend his right to a peaceful life, unharmed by others, such as he denied many with his lifestyle.

Last edited:
Liberals have a hard time finding things like that. They are too busy reading liberal rags.

From the article:

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.
Luissa, who is the CiC?

I suppose it would have been better if Abed had fired on the SEALs and been killed. We wouldn't have to waste money paying trial lawyers to defend his right to a peaceful life, unharmed by others, such as he denied many with his lifestyle.

Luissa...first of all...the murderer wasn't captured in 2004...that's when the libs were rejoicing that 4 contractors were hung by their legs and burned alive. He was captured a few weeks ago.

and yes...a bullet would have been a better option in this situation....

and SEAL "snatch and grab" ops are a violent affair for the capturee regardless if they're an innocent hostage or a most wanted terrorist. The military, regardless of who's the CinC, has guidelines they must follow when complaints are made. When charges are brought against a military member they have the right to refuse NJP (Article 15 for you leathernecks, flyboys and legs) in lieu of a Special, Summary or General Courts Martial. This right is guaranteed by the UCMJ. Many times CO's are restricted as to what can and cannot be allowed as evidence and what testimony by witnesses is to be considered. There are also specific guidelines set down by the Navy and COMNAVSPECWAR with references to charges made by individuals. What the Navy is doing is right. If the detainee is found to have self inflicted the wounds the SEALs are completely exonerated and there is no blemish on their record.

I think the point is as Commander in Chief if he allows this prosecution he's setting a bad precedent.

According to the article they haven't been investigating this since before Obama took office. You might want to get in front of this now before it gets even uglier.

Could a moderator merge these threads?

Are SEALS not allowed to punch terrorists? I am confused by this. Should they just shoot them in the head?

I'm hardly an expert on these matters, but it seems to me getting a bloodied lip is about as easy as a terrorist fuck like this could have had it. I think it's probably lucky, for him, that he didn't resist of they would have hauled his sorry ass back in a body bag.

yes soldiers and quasi military forces should be able to dispense justice at will as they occupy a sovereign nation..there should be no standards or protocol and lying to commanding officers and filing false reports should just be a matter of course after all these accused and suspected could be.. terrorist

My question is - if they had said "yep we punched him in the lip instead of blowing his head off - would they be on trial?" If a student punches a teacher in the mouth, they get a 30 day suspension from school. Doesn't quite make sense to me.

yes soldiers and quasi military forces should be able to dispense justice at will as they occupy a sovereign nation..there should be no standards or protocol and lying to commanding officers and filing false reports should just be a matter of course after all these accused and suspected could be.. terrorist

You're being silly if you're saying a bloodied lip is the applied justice of Navy SEALs for what this guy is accused of doing. More likely, if they did it at all, it just happened as part of the takedown. That isn't hard to imagine at all.

If were in the active areas the message sent to me would be simple. Shoot to kill. It is much easier to defend against and it prevents our foes from gaining motivation from these situations.

Thankfully for those who would fall into my sights, my days have passed.

Mike

What?

Did Obama personally start this investigation? Did he fly down from Washington and arrest these guys, himself or something?

You people are obsessive when it comes to Obama, you know.

You also clearly don't know jackshit about how the military works.

My question is - if they had said "yep we punched him in the lip instead of blowing his head off - would they be on trial?" If a student punches a teacher in the mouth, they get a 30 day suspension from school. Doesn't quite make sense to me.

no ..look at the charges..this is about false statements ..and it is some what irrelevant as to he circumstances they would be charge for impeding an investigation of even a minor incident..which this would have been

What a freaking shame. This is a travesty, and is no way going to help anyone except the terrorists and the continues application of political correctness.

Sick freaking world, and for those of you who are cool with this happening to our Military no matter the branch. Needs to have your heads examined

the schizophrenic nature of this situation...first it was about wmds...then the evil Saddam...then about bringing freedumb and democracy and rule of law ..then when a man is arrested for a suspected crime and his rights are violated without his due process and he complains like a citizen of this country would if arrested by the authorities and assaulted and then when these officers of the law are questioned on the assault and lie to internal investigations and are charged for doing so...sounds like democracy to me...is this not what we supposedly have sacrificed are finest sons and daughter for ??...when the day comes he gets a Jewish lawyer and sues there assess in civil court we will know democracy has truly come to Iraq...mission completed

Last edited:

Your avatar is smoking hot!!!!!

Anyway what the other non military types chiming in here are not getting is this simple fact. When a detainee makes allegations of wrongdoing against a military service member an investigation is started. When they fill out a written statement against the military service members a report chit is filled out by the authority accepting the statements. On the report chit violations of the UCMJ are listed by article. At the same time statements are taken from the accused and any witnesses. The statements from the accused and the witnesses don't match hence more charges. They chose Courts Martial over NJP....personally NJP would have been a better choice...the most they could have gotten was 3 days bread and water.

what a crock of mal...you can use tasers on 10 yr olds in the u.s. but cant bitchslap a terror suspect???

roe's are killing service people....you ask them to complete a highly dangerous mission but want them to do it like they are having tea with the queen...bullmal..

being a leftist i would never read anything like "lone survivor" but i do highly recommend it for an insight into how roe's are killing service people.

we send young people to war...they are brash and full of the hormones needed...and yet we expect them to respond with calmness...when they are totally pumped up....its just a bunch of bullmal and we should not allow this to go on.

how can we continue to ask the young men and women of this country to VOLUNTEER and face this type of thing?

Forum List

Back