Native American group demand return of Washington Redskins...

The Redskins name was not meant as a slur, it was praise for their warrior spirit & in honor of them as a whole. The only reason the name became an issue was because of white leftist trash...no true American Indian(I know most woketards think they were called Indians because Columbus thought he landed in India, nope. They were called "Indians" as in "Indigenous", that word you morons just learned & fling about without really knowing what it means)had a problem with it.. I went to school on a rez for awhile, it was cool to wear Redskins, Cleveland Indians, etc sports gear.

I think that the many nations that fought for over 50 years to get that racist symbol erased disagrees with the one small group of sellouts used here by white man.

Ah...the headdress, tomahawks, war paint and loin clothes.

I can definately see how that caricature of those of the First Nations is an issue.

But, on the other hand, expanding on MisterBeale 's point, the Fighting Irish symbol and caricature is a leprechaun...and the Viking fans wear horned helmets (which we now know no Vikings actually wore).

Is there a difference?

Personally, I can see your point.

But why not make that the thrust of to complaint instead of demanding a name change?

We could change that behavior through peer pressure.

I would have been with you instead of against the idea of changing the name.

Was this poor Media-splaining?

Or did white liberals highjack the movement and adjust the goals to meet their own social justice standards?
The latter, definitely the latter. They claim "it's racist" but they're really whitewashing America.

Removing all minorities in America from public view. It's wrong!

The Redskins name was not meant as a slur, it was praise for their warrior spirit & in honor of them as a whole. The only reason the name became an issue was because of white leftist trash...no true American Indian(I know most woketards think they were called Indians because Columbus thought he landed in India, nope. They were called "Indians" as in "Indigenous", that word you morons just learned & fling about without really knowing what it means)had a problem with it.. I went to school on a rez for awhile, it was cool to wear Redskins, Cleveland Indians, etc sports gear.
You don't know any true native Americans. You are the same type of moron who will talk about how you don't know any blacks who oppose white racism. The Native American friends I know were all opposed to that name and would hurt a white man quick if they called them something like that.

I think it should matter more than a bunch of lily-white tone-deaf Marxist Democrats.

Yeah, I do. It's like they're trying to erase all minorities from our history.

Uncle Ben, Uncle Remus, Aunt Jemima, The Native woman on Land O' Lakes butter,

teh unknown black dude on Cream of Wheat. That's fucked up.

They might be minorities, but they're still part of us.

We're not all in this thing separately, we're in it together.
Minorities are more likely to be Democrat than Republican.

Uncle Ben, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Remus weren't real black people, they were caricatures in marketing campaigns.

I'm not with you you ignorant Bingo and I'd like to make that clear.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
I can at least see why some would claim that the term Redskins is a little derogatory to lefty snowflakes but I think it is really funny that the Cleveland Indians changed their name and many on the left have been calling for the Atlanta Braves to change their name. There isn't the slightest derogatory thing about Indians and Braves. It is also funny that we call black people black but we can't call Indians Redskins.

Another fine example why leftism is a mental disorder.

I like the new name. It is quite fitting.

The Commanders.

I just shorten it to the Washington Commies.
The locals hate it and didn't want it. People around here still call them the Redskins. Snyder did so many bad things concerning the team, most of the locals stopped supporting them (for good reason).

You don't know any true native Americans. You are the same type of moron who will talk about how you don't know any blacks who oppose white racism. The Native American friends I know were all opposed to that name and would hurt a white man quick if they called them something like that.
My mother has heavy Mescalero Apache ancestry. Enough that I have cousins that are full blood in New Mexico. You shouldn't run your mouth like that when you don't know anything about me.

Ah...the headdress, tomahawks, war paint and loin clothes.

I can definately see how that caricature of those of the First Nations is an issue.

But, on the other hand, expanding on MisterBeale 's point, the Fighting Irish symbol and caricature is a leprechaun...and the Viking fans wear horned helmets (which we now know no Vikings actually wore).

Is there a difference?

Personally, I can see your point.

But why not make that the thrust of to complaint instead of demanding a name change?

We could change that behavior through peer pressure.

I would have been with you instead of against the idea of changing the name.

Was this poor Media-splaining?

Or did white liberals highjack the movement and adjust the goals to meet their own social justice standards?

Guilt ridden white leftists were told to be offended by democrat pols so they could use the issue to get votes.

Like I was saying years ago when the Redskins first caved to The Woke Mob. Most Native Americans, including the Mohawk boy I was a BIg Brother for, LOVED the Redskins and the logo of the proud Native American. That would be awesome if they restored the historic name and brand of the franchise, but we all know that won't happen.

They did have cool helmets.

I'm sorry. I had a friend that got put there by his strict-ass dad. It wasn't nice.

Not all Catholic schools were bad, but his dad was kinda fucked up and his school

was stricter than other Catholic schools.
The one I went to was strict. We were always under the threat of expulsion and forced to go to a public high school that was 99.9 per cent African American. It only takes a small number of students with an ax to grind to make life miserable in that situation.

Forum List

Back