National Director of Anti Defamation League Urges netenyahu To Cancel Speech

I posted this in Post #236 of the thread, "Netanyahu's Unwelcome Visit To The U.S."

*****************************************************************************************************
I posted before that the White House knew all along about Netanyahu's visit and that he accepted the invitation only after the White House admitted knowing it. Now all the Democrat comrades are on their high horse about the speech even while knowing that the Liar-In-Chief does it again. Here''s what the NYT had to correct.

In a surprising correction issued by the New York Times, who was one of the first news outlets to break the story, it appears that the administration had been informed well in advance of the invitation before Netanyahu accepted it.

The correction, which was added on January 30 in the online version of the article only, stated:

Correction: An earlier version of this article misstated when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel accepted Speaker John A. Boehner’s invitation to address Congress. He accepted after the administration had been informed of the invitation, not before.

Despite what the White House has been saying, officials were in no way blindsided by Netanyahu’s invitation to speak to Congress.

Read more at White House Fabricated Spat with Netanyahu - Israel News

The Comrades in Congress are going to boycott the speech?
My suggestion to the Speaker would be to announce a roll call of the house members. The Senate can participate or not. After the roll call, introduce Netanyahu and have him speak. Anyone who walks out must submit to an interview in the Rotunda and explain the reason.
It's time for the people in Congress to stop acting out their Terrible Twos schtick.
No comments from the left?

Sure. It's time for the people in Congress to stop acting out their Terrible Twos and show support for their President in foreign affairs instead of pulling this garbage.

So very true. Republicans only want to obstruct and bitch. Boehner knew he was going against Protocol when he invited Netanyahu, he wanted to create a shit storm the President and he failed at it.

I am just amused to see the Jews who control American foreign policy fight amongst one another(jewish liberals vs neo-con jews) and the Democrats and Republicans falling over one another to prove which party REALLY supports Israel more.

Everyone I talk to is confused about what the big deal is about the speech

The "big deal" has two important points:

1.) We don't mix into the affairs of other countries when they are in the middle of an election cycle. That is standard State Department policy and has been so for a very, very long time. This means that we do not receive a foreign high-dignitary (like, a President or Prime Minister) who is actively part of the election campaign in his country during the election cycle. Our president does not visit them during this time, either. This is why the President will also not meet with Bibi if he does appear in early March. It's State Department standard procedure. Were Obama to meet with him, the very first thing that Righties would be screaming is that he is fucking over our state dept. protocols, yadayadayada.

2.) Speakers of the HOR invite foreign leaders to speak before the HOR by first consulting the WH, not by informing the WH after already having made the decision. I guarantee you, this is a breach of protocol that a Republican president down the road is really going to regret when he is confronted with a Democratic HOR. John Boehner has opened a can of worms that will never be closed again, and it's all his own damned fault.

Last edited:
I am just amused to see the Jews who control American foreign policy fight amongst one another(jewish liberals vs neo-con jews) and the Democrats and Republicans falling over one another to prove which party REALLY supports Israel more.

You may be amused, but that's not what's happening. What's happening requires discernment, a quality you quite obviously lack.

1.) We don't mix into the affairs of other countries when they are in the middle of an election cycle. That is standard State Department policy and has been so for a very, very long time. This means that we do not receive a foreign high-dignitary (like, a President or Prime Minister) who is actively part of the election campaign in his country during the election cycle. Our president does not visit them during this time, either. This is why the President will also not meet with Bibi if he does appear in early March. It's State Department standard procedure. Were Obama to meet with him, the very first thing that Righties would be screaming is that he is fucking over our state dept. protocols, yadayadayada.

2.) Speakers of the HOR invite foreign leaders to speak before the HOR by first consulting the WH, not by informing the WH after already having made the decision. I guarantee you, this is a breach of protocol that a Republican president down the road is really going to regret when he is confronted with a Democratic HOR. John Boehner has opened a can of worms that will never be closed again, and it's all his own damned fault.
In 75 years I have never heard the excuse that the White House fabricated. I don't see where it matters except it doesen't fit in with the plans of the World Community organizer.
And I will now agree that Netanyahu not speak before Congress because it's not predictable what the Kenyan Candidate is capable of doing in a fit of pique and rage.

National director of the Anti Defamation League, Abraham Foxman, is urging netanyahu to not give that speech to our congress.

It looks like this is going to end the way us liberals said it would. Again. It's backfiring on netanyahu. It should backfire on boehner too but the republicans hate Obama too much for him to see any consequences to his very bad choice.

Anti-Defamation League Urges Benjamin Netanyahu To Cancel Congress Speech
he's right. Our President just pointed-out in a Q & A that this country's support for Israel is not based on political affiliation & the Repubs are creating the false perception that it is.

In 75 years I have never heard the excuse that the White House fabricated. I don't see where it matters except it doesen't fit in with the plans of the World Community organizer.
And I will now agree that Netanyahu not speak before Congress because it's not predictable what the Kenyan Candidate is capable of doing in a fit of pique and rage.
Thanks for sharing grampa but I think our two-term, President knows a bit more about protocol than you do as illustrated by your zany post.

It is, however, fact. No leader of any nation, while in the middle of an election cycle, has ever been invited to the White House or to speak in front of the congress, until Boehner pulled this stunt.

In fact, Bush made sure to not make any appointments with Blair while he was in the middle of his re-election campaign.

I wouldn't mind hearing what Bibi has to say, but the timing is wrong. He needs to do it after the election, or have his successor do it.

Thanks for sharing grampa but I think our two-term, President knows a bit more about protocol than you do as illustrated by your zany post.
Is Himself un-aware that a U.S. President doesn't bow and scrape to a desert sheikh? Or his mate doesn't manhandle the Chinese President's wife? Or high five the Queen of England? Or not cover the hair in Arabland? Even old Grandpa knows the basics.

I posted this in Post #236 of the thread, "Netanyahu's Unwelcome Visit To The U.S."

*****************************************************************************************************
I posted before that the White House knew all along about Netanyahu's visit and that he accepted the invitation only after the White House admitted knowing it. Now all the Democrat comrades are on their high horse about the speech even while knowing that the Liar-In-Chief does it again. Here''s what the NYT had to correct.

In a surprising correction issued by the New York Times, who was one of the first news outlets to break the story, it appears that the administration had been informed well in advance of the invitation before Netanyahu accepted it.

The correction, which was added on January 30 in the online version of the article only, stated:

Correction: An earlier version of this article misstated when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel accepted Speaker John A. Boehner’s invitation to address Congress. He accepted after the administration had been informed of the invitation, not before.

Despite what the White House has been saying, officials were in no way blindsided by Netanyahu’s invitation to speak to Congress.

My suggestion to the Speaker would be to announce a roll call of the house members. The Senate can participate or not. After the roll call, introduce Netanyahu and have him speak. Anyone who walks out must submit to an interview in the Rotunda and explain the reason.
It's time for the people in Congress to stop acting out their Terrible Twos schtick.

Sure. It's time for the people in Congress to stop acting out their Terrible Twos and show support for their President in foreign affairs instead of pulling this garbage.
Congress s involved in foreign affairs because every treaty negotiated must get Senate approval. There is long precedent for Congressional involvement. And I didnt hear you condemning Pelosi for undermining Bush. That was different, right?

So very true. Republicans only want to obstruct and bitch. Boehner knew he was going against Protocol when he invited Netanyahu, he wanted to create a shit storm the President and he failed at it.
Old news. Now it is Democrats who are obstructng and bitching.

Congress s involved in foreign affairs because every treaty negotiated must get Senate approval. There is long precedent for Congressional involvement. And I didnt hear you condemning Pelosi for undermining Bush. That was different, right?
When did Pelosi undermine Bush and what was being negotiated?

When she visited Syria. Do you not recall this?

She did not invite Syrian dignitaries to speak before the joint session of Congress without consulting the WH.
And the visit she did take was NOT during a syrian election cycle.

She did not invite Syrian dignitaries to speak before the joint session of Congress without consulting the WH.
And the visit she did take was NOT during a syrian election cycle.
Thank you, Hauptbannfuhrer Irrelevant.

What was undermined?

What was undermined?
Bush's authority.

Forum List

Back