National Debt by President

First, apologies to the rw's cuz I know how much you hate FACTS.

National Debt Graph by President

US-national-debt-GDP.png

The green line shows what would have happened to the national debt if Reagan and the Bushes had balanced their budgets as Reagan claimed he would. G.W. Bush, in all modesty, claimed he would "retire nearly $1 trillion in debt over the next four years. This will be the largest debt reduction ever achieved by any nation at any time."

Conservatives are quite embarrassed by this performance, so they have invented a cover story: The Democratic Congress did it. Nice try. But for 12 of the 20 years the Congress was not Democratic. Also, presidents can veto, and when it was Democratic, Congress passed smaller budgets on average than the Republican Presidents asked for. Presidents propose the budget, and they have the most influence.
One problem I have with this is that IF the pubs had done what they promised, Obama would not have had to spend as much as he has. Nor would George Bush's uncontrolled credit spending now be shown as Obama's fault.

My favorite part of this is

ReaganBushDebt.org
The Current ReaganBush Debt is:
$15,267,638,459,308.70
which means that in a total of 20 years,
these three presidents have led to the creation of
94.23%
of the entire national debt
in only 8.4746% of the 236 years of the existence of the United States of America.

U.S. Government National Debt: What they Won't Tell You
Some Debt Facts:

*Social Security is $2.6 trillion in the black. In 2010 it ran a $68 billion surplus.
*Clinton reduced the debt as a percent of GDP.
*G. W. Bush restarted the deficits with tax cuts for the rich.
*Red ink hit a peak rate of $1 trillion in 100 days just before Obama.
*The Obama stimulous was only $0.08 trillion.
*Only $1.2 trillion is owed to China.[1]
*$10 trillion is owed to America.
My point is that we cannot afford the increase in debt that Mittens wants.
That graph shows that obama has done worse. Good try but fail.

When tax receipts fall due to high unemployment and transfer payments rise due to both unemployment benefits and food stamps, what do you think normally happens to the deficit. These are not conditions that the president created. Just like Bush's tax cuts (which weren't paid for) that raised (and continue to raise) the deficit. Just like the wars that weren't paid for.

Shall I go on?

First, apologies to the rw's cuz I know how much you hate FACTS.

National Debt Graph by President

US-national-debt-GDP.png

The green line shows what would have happened to the national debt if Reagan and the Bushes had balanced their budgets as Reagan claimed he would.

That's just hilarious. You say Republicans "hate FACTS" then you state a projection is a "FACT." You don't even know what the freaking word means. Liberalism, stupidity you can't make up...

So luddly...where's the chart showing where our national debt would be if OBAMA had cut the deficit in half by now as he promised, hmmmmm?

Never did see that graph.

Wonder where Beddy.Bugbite went ?

Forum List

Back