National Death by Lethal Prescription Legislation

Right now, the government has little say in it, and as long as it stays that way I see little problem with it. But yeah, give them an inch ...

Any law that allows people to chose death is giving the Government the power. After that happens then the argument will become, since people do not want to suffer anymore, why should we waste money on THESE people and these procedures.

Wait how is it giving government that power if the person has to consent to it?

Also the government unfortunately all ready has the power to end someone's life, with execution.

Because once you make it legal for someone else to help with the patient's consent, you then have people pushing to make assisted "suicide" legal with the next-of-kin's consent, and then when the doctor thinks it's prudent, etc.

You should know by now that you can never count on activists to leave well enough alone.

If you are to the point of dying, it is just a few weeks AT MOST before you die

I would like to see Care4all live through those few final weeks, then hear comments.

If you have not been through it, you shouldn't talk about it. What do you bet she's got a Bible on the shelf next to her computer?

Really? So since YOU have clearly not been through the last few weeks before death, does that mean YOU should shut the hell up? Why yes, I believe it does.

Any law that allows people to chose death is giving the Government the power. After that happens then the argument will become, since people do not want to suffer anymore, why should we waste money on THESE people and these procedures.

Also the government unfortunately all ready has the power to end someone's life, with execution.

Because once you make it legal for someone else to help with the patient's consent, you then have people pushing to make assisted "suicide" legal with the next-of-kin's consent, and then when the doctor thinks it's prudent, etc.

You should know by now that you can never count on activists to leave well enough alone.
That doesn't answer my question on how making it legal gives government more power.

Oh and on what weird code are we obligated to give into all of an activist's commands if we decide to give into some of them?

If you are to the point of dying, it is just a few weeks AT MOST before you die

I would like to see Care4all live through those few final weeks, then hear comments.

If you have not been through it, you shouldn't talk about it. What do you bet she's got a Bible on the shelf next to her computer?

funny how YOU are the one that HAS to bring up the Bible....sheesh....did that comment help your case in support of this, dummy?

And for your information, I have been through it with my husband's dad....with my grandmother and with my grandfather....and last year, with my mother in law....

go find a hole to hide in, since you are so afraid of death and facing it head on....

Care

That doesn't answer my question on how making it legal gives government more power.

Oh and on what weird code are we obligated to give into all of an activist's commands if we decide to give into some of them?

Because once you start down that path of legalizing things, the government is involved. The farther down that path you get, the more you have the government making the decisions. What happens, for example, when someone is unable to make the decision for assisted "suicide", and it's left up to the parents as the next-of-kin, and they disagree about it? Why, they go to court and the court decides, that's what. And the legislators get involved, because they have to pass all these nifty new laws, which gives them ideas for even MORE nifty new laws, and if I have ever seen legislators pass a law that LESSENS the amount of power they have over things, I don't remember it.

Obligated? We aren't. What we ARE, though, is slowly brainwashed by their incessant and increasing demands to see things we used to consider unthinkable as perfectly normal.

Obligated? We aren't. What we ARE, though, is slowly brainwashed by their incessant and increasing demands to see things we used to consider unthinkable as perfectly normal.

Yes, terminal illness and suicide are 21st century issues that have never surfaced before now!!!! Needless suffering that is what is "unthinkable." You will have to learn how compassion works the hard way.

Yes, terminal illness and suicide are 21st century issues that have never surfaced before now!!!! Needless suffering that is what is "unthinkable." You will have to learn how compassion works the hard way.

The compassionate are often selfish, worrying more about their own losses than those who are actually suffering, that's the problem. They don't want people to die just because they don't want to miss them, they don't really care if they are suffering or have a decent life.

I never said terminal illness and suicide were new issues, dumbass. Actually, I never said ANYTHING was new. I said they USED to be unthinkable, and now we're brainwashed into thinking they're normal and even good. If you can't divine what the "things we used to consider unthinkable" are, have the sense to ask instead of making idiotic assumptions and making yourself sound like a bigger fool.

And if your idea of "compassion" is to put human beings down like sick dogs, then I hope to God I NEVER learn it. I'd rather wallow in my dark ignorance of considering human life sacred and valuable, thank you so very much.

If a person is struggling through a long painful death, should they have a right to die like citizens do in Oregon and Washington State? Why isn't Death with Dignity protected with a national law?

A person should have a right to end his/her life with dignity whether or not they are struggling through a long, painful death.

If a person is struggling through a long painful death, should they have a right to die like citizens do in Oregon and Washington State? Why isn't Death with Dignity protected with a national law?

A person should have a right to end his/her life with dignity whether or not they are struggling through a long, painful death.

A right to end his life? He already has the ability. I mean, what are we going to do? Arrest him for committing suicide? This isn't about the "right to die". It's about the right to have someone else kill you. And frankly, I see no good in polluting society and those around you with such noxious ideas.

I also have precious little patience with definitive statements about "should" and "shouldn't". They mean nothing, and contribute nothing.

A right to end his life? He already has the ability. I mean, what are we going to do? Arrest him for committing suicide? This isn't about the "right to die". It's about the right to have someone else kill you. And frankly, I see no good in polluting society and those around you with such noxious ideas.

I also have precious little patience with definitive statements about "should" and "shouldn't". They mean nothing, and contribute nothing.

You are assuming that everyone is capable of suicide their entire lives.

I want to hear what she has to say about four weeks after she learns she has cancer. I have never seen a person's politics change as quickly as when they are faced with their OWN prolonged suffering death.

Last edited:

I want to hear what she has to say about four weeks after she learns she has cancer. I have never seen a person's politics change as quickly as when they are faced with their OWN prolonged suffering death.

I'm very sorry to hear that all the people you've ever known were greedy opportuniists with no moral fiber and the backbones of jellyfish. Please let me assure you that this is not indicative of the population in general, however.

Maybe I missed it, but what is your personal experience with all of this...?

Do you work in a hospital with the terminally ill?

Have you had to watch a relative die slowly that you just wanted to die and get it over with?

Have you had to watch a close relative die who wanted to off themselves ahead of their time?

Do you have a terminal illness and want to kill yourself but are too afraid to do such on your own and need help or want help?

Please enlighten me...on how or what has made you come to your opinion on this matter so we can continue the debate with you, with more perspective.

Care

Maybe I missed it, but what is your personal experience with all of this...?

Do you work in a hospital with the terminally ill?

Have you had to watch a relative die slowly that you just wanted to die and get it over with?

Have you had to watch a close relative die who wanted to off themselves ahead of their time?

Do you have a terminal illness and want to kill yourself but are too afraid to do such on your own and need help or want help?

Please enlighten me...on how or what has made you come to your opinion on this matter so we can continue the debate with you, with more perspective.

Care

Yes, I have witnessed self-delivery, (the preferred name for suicide when it is based upon rational thought, ie; terminal illness). The experience changed any thoughts i had about death and dignity. There are workable safeguards already in place that make self-delivery viable. Euthanasia information is available on the Internet.

Last February participants of a self-delivery were arrested. Assisting suicide is not a felony, but the event rocked self-delivery participants and supporters across the country. The self-delivery people are kind, sensitive, and gentle. My friends and I are not. No bunch of crack-pot holy rollers are going to make self-delivery people uncomfortable. So, the point of this thread is to get the subject out there, and enlighten opponants.

Last edited:
Dude self-delivery sounds like what happens to a pizza you pick up yourself, why not jsut call it suicide?

Dude self-delivery sounds like what happens to a pizza you pick up yourself, why not jsut call it suicide?

I am not a part of the Euthanasia Movement, I just witnessed one self delivery, but it took days, I read a lot, and I met a lot of people.

Suicide is often associated with mental illness. Self delivery is a rational decision based on medical information and facts. For example, if your doctor tells you that you have a year to live due to cancer, but your quality of life is slipping away into pain, why should you go through the suffering? After medical evaluation in Oregon, Washington State, and several European countries a lethal prescription can be taken. Life leaves quietly, and gently. Many prefer to be surrounded by family and friends.

You are aware, I assume, that committing suicide IS illegal.

You are right - this is about the right to have someone else kill you (painlessly). We all have the ABILITY to kill ourselves, but in generally painful or undesirable ways. Few of us have the ability to kill ourselves painlessly.

If I can kill myself any time I want, why shouldn't I be able to accomplish the same result in a painless manner?

Another thing this is all about is playing God. The anti-assisted suicide folks want to play God with other people's lives (or, more appropriately, deaths). Just another example of the old, "If I don't want it (assisted suicide), you can't have it." What gives anyone the right to tell me I cannot end my own life in a painless manner, if I so choose?

You are aware, I assume, that committing suicide IS illegal.

It is not a felony. Besides do you think someone suffering in pain is really going to worry about the law? There is assisted self delivery, and self delivery. There are ways for the terminally ill to end their lives painlessly without assistance.

Hey. Look around. It appears those who are against self delivery have left this thread. Wonder why that is? Do you think if they were suffering with terminal illness they would consider self delivery? That's my guess.

I said it before, politics and religion go right out the window when you start talking about your OWN suffering from terminal illness. It may take time before we get a national law, but where there is a will there is a way.

Forum List

Back