Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

Yup, he was a democrat of the 19th century, not a Republican or Democrat of the 21st century. You are simply a stupid troll, Guy.

He wasn't a terrorist. He was a defender of white woman and the white race from carpetbaggers and other scum.

Right, he "defended" them by leading a terrorist group intent on using intimidation and violence against any who had political views they did not like.

Yep, he was a Democrat y'all could be PROUD of...

Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.

Dispite any historical connotation attached, Nathan Bedford Forrest was an excellent and very intelligent general!

Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.

Let's rush to the defense of the bigots!

What do you know of civil war history?

Why am I not surprised to see you in here. Why don't you try doing a bit of research as to where the first slaves were brought to in America. It wasn't the south. Oh and did you also know Forrest disbanded the Klan in 1869 because it became to radical and violent.Obviously not violent enough. :D

The south was full of traitors fighting for their god given right to own another human being......they got what they deserved

So were the Colonies in 1776.

Never seen the painting of Washington crossing the delaware have you. But let me guess. You would call the three black guys uncle toms?

The Southern War of Aggression and Treason will be increasingly used as the title in history courses for The Civil War.

The War of Southern Aggression and Treason, you mean.

Ah another mental midget. Please do a little bit of reading...oh maybe the constitution and the declaration of independence for starters.

Democratically elected officials voting to suceed = treason? It was certainly less treasonous than the American Revolution anyway. Does that make it any less right? Really, should 600,000 people have died over "maintaining the union"

Pretty ridiculous to see people from both North and South of OUR country who still can't get over a war that ended over 150 years ago.

It hasn't ended. My country is still being occupied.It won't end until the last federal soldier is off southern soil.

Last edited:
There was no "southern" land, only the United States.

The traitors could not accept constitutional, electoral process, rose up, and were crushed like the vermin they were.

Like how Lincoln "constitutionally" suspended habeas corpus?
Like how Lincoln "constitutionally" raised troops without consent of congress?
Like how Lincoln "constitutionally" locked up State legislators, news paper editors, judges, and anyone else who spoke out against his policy's?

Virginia, among other states, would have never succeeded if Lincoln abided by the U.S. Constitution.

Pretty ridiculous to see people from both North and South of OUR country who still can't get over a war that ended over 150 years ago.

Sucession was yet another check and balance. Thomas Jefferson told New England that if they wanted to suceed, "go in peace."

Forum List

Back