Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

If you are a southerner I would expect you to stay and fight for your homeland.

At the risk of being called a coward, do you have any clue of the technological disadvantage the south would be up against should war break out as it did in 1961? Then again, if a state seceded today, I don't think the federal government could stomach violently bringing them back in to the fold. And what would you suggest I do with my sworn oath and legally binding contract?

The US has been bogged down in 3 guerilla wars in Vietnam,Afghanistan,Iraq and got its ass kicked. The south is full of mountains in the Appalachians and its easy terrain for a guerilla war. As for your contract I would consider loyalty to the south more important than I would loyalty to the US.

The US has been bogged down in 3 guerilla wars in Vietnam,Afghanistan,Iraq and got its ass kicked. The south is full of mountains in the Appalachians and its easy terrain for a guerilla war. As for your contract I would consider loyalty to the south more important than I would loyalty to the US.

When the South wins....are you going to bring back slavery or just make marrying your sister legal?

When the South wins....are you going to bring back slavery or just make marrying your sister legal?

ixna on the istersa

Taking this stuff a little seriously aren't you? You do know radical reconstruction failed miserably? Perhaps you consider that a victory?

I think it was worth it, but I doubt that the war could have been prevented, either, with the defeat of Clay in 1844. 2 million casualties, 600000 (at least) dead, and maybe a 100000 more civilians dead.

I disagree but it is not important.

The issue was not economics to Lincoln, only perpetual Union, and AL was not going to let the the southern states leave.

If that were true the north wouldn't need protectionism to prop up their industry.

I agree, but was unity worth 600,000 dead? Or was it 600,000 casualties?

It hasn't ended. We are still an occupied country. It's only over to those that believe it in in their mind. To me the battle is very much still alive.

Then you need to be removed from society for your own good and heavily medicated.

Or, you need to let the emo-bullshit you don't really believe go and grow the fuck up.

Pretty ridiculous to see people from both North and South of OUR country who still can't get over a war that ended over 150 years ago.

Sucession was yet another check and balance. Thomas Jefferson told New England that if they wanted to suceed, "go in peace."

it's *secede* you pretentious ignoramus.

carry on

Oh the correction has already been made. Or have you read that far in to the text?

I think it was worth it, but I doubt that the war could have been prevented, either, with the defeat of Clay in 1844. 2 million casualties, 600000 (at least) dead, and maybe a 100000 more civilians dead.

I disagree but it is not important.

The issue was not economics to Lincoln, only perpetual Union, and AL was not going to let the the southern states leave.

I agree, but was unity worth 600,000 dead? Or was it 600,000 casualties?

I just can't wrap my head around it. Of course, we have the power of hindsight, but national unity worth 600,000? I can come to no other conclusion than 600,000 dead to maintain a country was about 600,000 too many.

Last edited:
The US has been bogged down in 3 guerilla wars in Vietnam,Afghanistan,Iraq and got its ass kicked.

"Got its ass kicked"? What bizarro world do you live in anyway?

Vietnam 10 years? 58k killed we finally pulled out and North Vietnam and South Vietnam were united.

Iraq going on 10 years as well finally pulled out after killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and being bogged down in an unpopular war at home.

Afghanistan 11 years damn near supposedly taliban is out of power and bin laden is dead yet we are still losing soldiers...

I don't have anything to justify to your pea brain so either do some fucking research or just fuck off.

Forum List

Back