Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

He wasn't a terrorist. He was a defender of white woman and the white race from carpetbaggers and other scum.

Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.

Let's rush to the defense of the bigots!

Why am I not surprised to see you in here. Why don't you try doing a bit of research as to where the first slaves were brought to in America. It wasn't the south. Oh and did you also know Forrest disbanded the Klan in 1869 because it became to radical and violent.Obviously not violent enough. :D
Jamestown Virginia is not the South? Because that's where the first slaves were brought....and bought by John Rolf....Pocahontas' husband.

the man was a brilliant cavalry commander but not much of a human being.

the original was dedicated in 2000, I am stretching to see the point in it all......

He was also a democrat.
As was most everybody else not living in Maine, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

This is actually about the time the democrat party started to fracture and most northern dems joined the Republican party. The dems couldn't elect a president from Lincoln to the 1930s.

Why am I not surprised to see you in here. Why don't you try doing a bit of research as to where the first slaves were brought to in America. It wasn't the south. Oh and did you also know Forrest disbanded the Klan in 1869 because it became to radical and violent.Obviously not violent enough. :D
Jamestown Virginia is not the South? Because that's where the first slaves were brought....and bought by John Rolf....Pocahontas' husband.

Hm I will admit I was wrong..there is a first thing for everything. :D Still doesn't change the rest of what I have said.People seem to think slaves didn't exist in the north but they did in great numbers.

He wasn't a terrorist. He was a defender of white woman and the white race from carpetbaggers and other scum.

Right, he "defended" them by leading a terrorist group intent on using intimidation and violence against any who had political views they did not like.

So many stupid ASSumptions in one response...impressive.You have obviously NEVER read up on the history of the war for southern independence or the time after it.

Hm I will admit I was wrong..there is a first thing for everything. :D Still doesn't change the rest of what I have said.People seem to think slaves didn't exist in the north but they did in great numbers.

They did...but NOT in great numbers....it wasn't economically feasible. (Noting that that is why slavery died out in the North....not because the Northerners were all that morally superior) The growing season was short...no year round use for large #s of slaves and once the Industrial Revolution took hold in the North, the Northern workers were having NOTHING of slave labor in the mills. So, the slaves in the north were a few here, a few there....mostly house workers.

Right, he "defended" them by leading a terrorist group intent on using intimidation and violence against any who had political views they did not like.

So many stupid ASSumptions in one response...impressive.You have obviously NEVER read up on the history of the war for southern independence or the time after it.

The War of Southern Aggression and Treason, you mean.

Sorry I didn't read your KKK sympathizer literature.

Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.

The south was full of traitors fighting for their god given right to own another human being......they got what they deserved

The south was full of traitors fighting for their god given right to own another human being......they got what they deserved

So were the Colonies in 1776.

Yep...and if they'd lost, the Brits would not have been as charitable as the North was to the South.....they had a list of Patriots to hang....those who signed the Dec. of Ind. were top of the list.

Yep...and if they'd lost, the Brits would not have been as charitable as the North was to the South.....they had a list of Patriots to hang....those who signed the Dec. of Ind. were top of the list.

So?

The North couldn't treat the Southerns as traitors - it was to their advantage to consider the South conquered foreign territory rather than rebellion that had been put down.

So?

The North couldn't treat the Southerns as traitors - it was to their advantage to consider the South conquered foreign territory rather than rebellion that had been put down.

There were those who wanted the Southern leaders hanged as traitors. Lincoln was for forgiveness but he also kept trying to remind his generals that it was all U.S. soil....not "enemy territory"....he had a big dust up with Gen'l Meade after Gettysburg over that.

Forum List

Back