Nate Silver: Stop Comparing Donald Trump And Bernie Sanders

No...we have a massive National debt because 79% of the budget is either free stuff or debt service. You cannot tax your way to prosperity.

The entitlement state doesn't work and must be cut. Period.
We have a massive national debt because of the War on Drugs, including an emerging Prison Industrial Complex, a tax structure which enables the diversion of trillions of dollars of America's wealth resources to offshore sanctuaries, and hundreds of unnecessary military bases spread out all over the world.

Don't take the food out of the mouths of the needy to enable continuation of such examples of monumental waste. You've been brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and a number of other millionaire propagandists in service to the One Percent.

79% of the Federal Government budget are entitlements and debt service. Sorry it the facts are an inconvenient truth.

As for the "needy"....If you are an able bodied adult and non-retirement age get a fucking job.

Not crap at all.

We have, in this country, some 500 billionaires.

Just counting to a billion would take over 3 decades.

Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math
Whenever this discussion arises I am amazed at how vigorously willing so many ordinary wage-earning Americans are to defend accumulations of wealth so vast they actually are incapable of comprehending its reality.

It really is the ideological battle of our age: that income is supposed to be this unequal. And the key to convincing some of this idea is to moralize wealth. To treat the accumulation of money as a demonstration of character. Those who have are the 'makers'. Those who don't are the 'takers'. The accompanying vilification of poverty is the flip side of the same moralization effort.

In every practical purpose its the opposite of Christianity.
The religion of greed and worship of material wealth..

Thanks for volunteering to be poor. Send your check to the RNC. :D
What are you talking about?

Another fucking progressive moron. Pay attention. You don't like greed or material wealth? Fine....go fucking live in a cave and send your money to the RNC.

I think they'd take it. :D

Whenever this discussion arises I am amazed at how vigorously willing so many ordinary wage-earning Americans are to defend accumulations of wealth so vast they actually are incapable of comprehending its reality.

It really is the ideological battle of our age: that income is supposed to be this unequal. And the key to convincing some of this idea is to moralize wealth. To treat the accumulation of money as a demonstration of character. Those who have are the 'makers'. Those who don't are the 'takers'. The accompanying vilification of poverty is the flip side of the same moralization effort.

Another fucking progressive moron. Pay attention. You don't like greed or material wealth? Fine....go fucking live in a cave and send your money to the RNC.

I said I don't like the worship of material wealth and the astounding greed we have come to deal with..

I said I don't like the worship of material wealth and the astounding greed we have come to deal with..

I understand. Very noble of you. :D Send your money to the Trump campaign.

I understand. Very noble of you. :D Send your money to the Trump campaign.
Why? I'd rather send it to bernie.

79% of the Federal Government budget are entitlements and debt service. Sorry it the facts are an inconvenient truth.

[...]
I have no doubt there is some redundancy in the entitlement programs which needs to be addressed. But I strongly doubt that redundancy comes close to kind of money governments wastes on redundancies in the Military Industrial Complex, the War on Drugs, thousands of unnecessary federal employees and programs. But you've been convinced the only waste exists in the entitlements, most of which are necessary.

[...]
I have no doubt there is some redundancy in the entitlement programs which needs to be addressed. But I strongly doubt that redundancy comes close to kind of money governments wastes on redundancies in the Military Industrial Complex, the War on Drugs, thousands of unnecessary federal employees and programs. But you've been convinced the only waste exists in the entitlements, most of which are necessary.

There is plenty of waste throughout Government. But again.... discretionary spending such as defense is a tiny fraction of overall spending.

Bottom Line: Entitlement spending must be drastically curtailed or we go bankrupt. Pretty simple really. :)

There is plenty of waste throughout Government. But again.... discretionary spending such as defense is a tiny fraction of overall spending.

Bottom Line: Entitlement spending must be drastically curtailed or we go bankrupt. Pretty simple really.
I've posted what categories I would address with serious cuts. I'd like you to do the same.

To simply say "entitlements" would be too broad an answer. Please be more specific.

Bottom Line: Entitlement spending must be drastically curtailed or we go bankrupt. Pretty simple really.
I've posted what categories I would address with serious cuts. I'd like you to do the same.

To simply say "entitlements" would be too broad an answer. Please be more specific.

Drastically cut SSDI. I worked in healthcare. The fraud and abuse in this program is massive.

Means test SS. Raise the retirement age for those under 40.

Do not give Medicaid to able bodied adults. You want free healthcare....tough shit. Earn the benefit. If you are unwilling to work to pay for your healthcare I have zero sympathy. None.

Eliminate the VA system entirely. Give vets vouchers to use the existing system. The VA is a fucking joke (as are most Government Programs).

Eliminate HUD, the Dept of Education, and the Dept of Energy. They are worthless.

Eliminate all Government regulation that costs the taxpayers more than $100,000,000 dollars and require Congress to put costly regulation to a direct vote. No more ruling by fiat by unelected piss-ants.

That's for starters....:D

And btw.....you will not address anything I said directly because Libtards are intellectual and moral cowards (prime example is Obama). The entitlement state does not work and has never worked. Able bodied adults need to fend for themselves. If you are too stupid or lazy to survive please go fuck yourself and stop trying to take other people's hard earned money.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Drastically cut SSDI. I worked in healthcare. The fraud and abuse in this program is massive.

Do not give Medicaid to able bodied adults. You want free healthcare....tough shit. Earn the benefit. If you are unwilling to work to pay for your healthcare I have zero sympathy. None.

Eliminate the VA system entirely. Give vets vouchers to use the existing system. The VA is a fucking joke (as are most Government Programs).

Eliminate HUD, the Dept of Education, and the Dept of Energy. They are worthless.

Eliminate all Government regulation that costs the taxpayers more than $100,000,000 dollars and require Congress to put costly regulation to a direct vote. No more ruling by fiat by unelected piss-ants.

And btw.....you will not address anything I said directly because Libtards are intellectual and moral cowards (prime example is Obama). The entitlement state does not work and has never worked. Able bodied adults need to fend for themselves. If you are too stupid or lazy to survive please go fuck yourself and stop trying to take other people's hard earned money.

Not one mention about cutting the military.. Expected.

Not one mention about cutting the military.. Expected.

The military has already been cut drastically due to the Obama Sequester.

Jeez....you Libtards are fucking stupid. Keep up for Chrissakes. You really look like an idiot. :D

Forum List

Back