Nate Silver challenges global warming deniers

this is like that idiot Steven Jones who said he would give anyone in the country $100,000 if they could prove the planes brought down the World Trade Center.

They why won't you bet?

Now is your chance to prove you are right and make some money!

Alright, a turn around bet, prove that humanities carbon dioxide is bad for the environment and that the amount we put out is enough to actually effect the global environment. I mean real proof, not just some guesses and parroted bullshit.

this is like that idiot Steven Jones who said he would give anyone in the country $100,000 if they could prove the planes brought down the World Trade Center.

They why won't you bet?

Alright, a turn around bet, prove that humanities carbon dioxide is bad for the environment and that the amount we put out is enough to actually effect the global environment. I mean real proof, not just some guesses and parroted bullshit.

why do you offer a turn around bet?

Yeah some clueless fuck wants to make a bet...that settles the Global Warming debate

Are Libruls really THAT stupid?

They why won't you bet?

I never said CO2 was "bad for the enviroment."

I only said what is obvious, that increasing atmospheric CO2 by 40% is causing the earth to warm.

They why won't you bet?

I only said what is obvious, that increasing atmospheric CO2 by 40% is causing the earth to warm.

First, if it's not bad for the environment then why is the increase bad? That's completely illogical. Secondly, there is no proof that our less than 1% effect on the atmosphere is causing such, you, and you peer pressured pocket scientists, are all basing it on circumstantial evidence. Not to mention the fact that you are still ignoring the simple and well known fact:

Plants need CO2 to survive.

So why not tell your environuts to stop killing off all the new algae and plankton growths ... you do know almost all new such plant life is being destroyed by environmental freaks like you ... right? Deemed a "threat" to all life on the planet, the really odd thing is that this increase in CO2 you are so worried about started almost the exact same time these nutjobs started eradicating the plankton and algae ... :eusa_whistle:

Lastly, if you environuts were serious you would actually commit suicide, since it is impossible to stop producing CO2 until several decades after you die. Yes, dead bodies put off even more CO2 than living bodies ... oh wait ... did your peer pressured pocket scientists forget to factor that in as well? Of course they did. Not to mention that recycling plants put out just as much CO2 as coal burning power plants ... oh wait, we aren't suppose to mention that, I forgot, recycling is good for the planet and the companies need to stay in business, right? Then there's the poisonous chemicals in your "environmentally friendly" light bulbs ... yes, poisonous, hell, the gas in those is deadly even, and worse for the environment than any old bulb with a wire filament and glass ... and air ... but wait, if people knew that then the few companies making those bulbs would go out of business! Low flow plumbing wastes up to six times the amount of water due to needing to run it longer and more frequently, but we can't let those companies go out of business either, now can we. No, we need to protect those huge corporations making a fortune (charging a fortune for their products) by advocating laws to force people to buy their over priced products which are made by child labor in third world countries at plants that produce the most pollution ... but no, we must bow down to that freak Gore like you do.

Here's a hint, look at the whole picture for once in your minuscule life. Try learning instead of swallowing propaganda once in a while. I did, I use to be an idiot like you, until I learned the whole truth. You environuts are going to destroy not only humanity but 90% of the large species on the planet in the guise of "saving" them, all so the companies that should fail are handed a fortune. Yes, you are supporting the exact same "rich" people you also hate by being an environut ... look into it more.

Yeah some clueless fuck wants to make a bet...that settles the Global Warming debate

Are Libruls really THAT stupid?
well, chris is

The sad thing is that he doesn't realize that being an environut is precisely why he is not a liberal. True liberals do not support monopolies, big business, and being forced to support these big businesses through legislation, but that's exactly what the scientists he is listening to do. True liberals love small business and choice ... he is against both. Worse, he bad mouths the same people he supports by being an environut. He is supporting rich fat monopolies.

First, if it's not bad for the environment then why is the increase bad? That's completely illogical. Secondly, there is no proof that our less than 1% effect on the atmosphere is causing such, you, and you peer pressured pocket scientists, are all basing it on circumstantial evidence. Not to mention the fact that you are still ignoring the simple and well known fact:

So why not tell your environuts to stop killing off all the new algae and plankton growths ... you do know almost all new such plant life is being destroyed by environmental freaks like you ... right? Deemed a "threat" to all life on the planet, the really odd thing is that this increase in CO2 you are so worried about started almost the exact same time these nutjobs started eradicating the plankton and algae ... :eusa_whistle:

Lastly, if you environuts were serious you would actually commit suicide, since it is impossible to stop producing CO2 until several decades after you die. Yes, dead bodies put off even more CO2 than living bodies ... oh wait ... did your peer pressured pocket scientists forget to factor that in as well? Of course they did. Not to mention that recycling plants put out just as much CO2 as coal burning power plants ... oh wait, we aren't suppose to mention that, I forgot, recycling is good for the planet and the companies need to stay in business, right? Then there's the poisonous chemicals in your "environmentally friendly" light bulbs ... yes, poisonous, hell, the gas in those is deadly even, and worse for the environment than any old bulb with a wire filament and glass ... and air ... but wait, if people knew that then the few companies making those bulbs would go out of business! Low flow plumbing wastes up to six times the amount of water due to needing to run it longer and more frequently, but we can't let those companies go out of business either, now can we. No, we need to protect those huge corporations making a fortune (charging a fortune for their products) by advocating laws to force people to buy their over priced products which are made by child labor in third world countries at plants that produce the most pollution ... but no, we must bow down to that freak Gore like you do.

Here's a hint, look at the whole picture for once in your minuscule life. Try learning instead of swallowing propaganda once in a while. I did, I use to be an idiot like you, until I learned the whole truth. You environuts are going to destroy not only humanity but 90% of the large species on the planet in the guise of "saving" them, all so the companies that should fail are handed a fortune. Yes, you are supporting the exact same "rich" people you also hate by being an environut ... look into it more.

Look, silly ass, you need salt to survive. So why not just down a couple of pounds of salt at every meal, right? You are proving yourself to be one of the major ingnoramouses on this board, KK.

Global Highlights:
Based on preliminary data, the globally averaged combined land and sea surface temperature was the second warmest on record for June and the January-June year-to-date tied with 2004 as the fifth warmest on record.
Large portions of each inhabited continent were substantially warmer than average during June 2009. The warmest anomalies were most notable in parts of Africa and most of Eurasia. The most notable cooler-than-average temperatures were present from the southwestern U.S. to the Northern Plains, the Canadian Prairie Provinces, central Asia, and across the boundary of northeastern China and southeastern Russia.
The most notable above-average precipitation during June 2009 was present across parts of central and northeastern Europe, eastern Asia, northern Brazil, and most of the northern half of the contiguous United States. The driest anomalies occurred across India, southeastern Asia, northern South America, southeastern and south central contiguous U.S., and parts of the western Pacific Islands.
El Niño–Southern Oscillation (ENSO) transitioned from ENSO-neutral to El Niño conditions across the equatorial Pacific Ocean during June 2009. If El Niño conditions continue to mature as projected by NOAA, global temperatures are likely to continue to threaten previous record highs.

NCDC: Climate of 2009 - June Global Analysis

Look, silly ass, you need salt to survive. So why not just down a couple of pounds of salt at every meal, right? You are proving yourself to be one of the major ingnoramouses on this board, KK.

What an ignorant and lame analogy ... seriously, reread my whole post moron, because you did not absorb any of the facts in it. Algae, the same algae that was destroyed by environuts like you, converts most of our CO2 to oxygen ... so it's your own damned fault in the first place ... your arrogance won't let you see that, so wake the fuck up or stop whining about the problems your own people caused.

July 17, 2009

The world’s ocean surface temperature was the warmest on record for June, breaking the previous high mark set in 2005, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. Additionally, the combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for June was second-warmest on record. The global records began in 1880.

Global Climate Statistics
The combined global land and ocean surface temperature for June 2009 was the second warmest on record, behind 2005, 1.12 degrees F (0.62 degree C) above the 20th century average of 59.9 degrees F (15.5 degrees C).
Separately, the global ocean surface temperature for June 2009 was the warmest on record, 1.06 degrees F (0.59 degree C) above the 20th century average of 61.5 degrees F (16.4 degrees C).
Each hemisphere broke its June record for warmest ocean surface temperature. In the Northern Hemisphere, the warm anomaly of 1.17 degrees F (0.65 degree C) surpassed the previous record of 1.12 degrees F (0.62 degree C), set in 2005. The Southern Hemisphere’s increase of 0.99 degree F (0.55 degree C) exceeded the old record of 0.92 degree F (0.51 degree C), set in 1998.
The global land surface temperature for June 2009 was 1.26 degrees F (0.70 degree C) above the 20th century average of 55.9 degrees F (13.3 degrees C), and ranked as the sixth-warmest June on record.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA: Global Ocean Surface Temperature Warmest on Record for June

July 17, 2009

The world’s ocean surface temperature was the warmest on record for June, breaking the previous high mark set in 2005, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. Additionally, the combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for June was second-warmest on record. The global records began in 1880.

Global Climate Statistics
The combined global land and ocean surface temperature for June 2009 was the second warmest on record, behind 2005, 1.12 degrees F (0.62 degree C) above the 20th century average of 59.9 degrees F (15.5 degrees C).
Separately, the global ocean surface temperature for June 2009 was the warmest on record, 1.06 degrees F (0.59 degree C) above the 20th century average of 61.5 degrees F (16.4 degrees C).
Each hemisphere broke its June record for warmest ocean surface temperature. In the Northern Hemisphere, the warm anomaly of 1.17 degrees F (0.65 degree C) surpassed the previous record of 1.12 degrees F (0.62 degree C), set in 2005. The Southern Hemisphere’s increase of 0.99 degree F (0.55 degree C) exceeded the old record of 0.92 degree F (0.51 degree C), set in 1998.
The global land surface temperature for June 2009 was 1.26 degrees F (0.70 degree C) above the 20th century average of 55.9 degrees F (13.3 degrees C), and ranked as the sixth-warmest June on record.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA: Global Ocean Surface Temperature Warmest on Record for June

More whining about the changes you idiots caused in the first place. Those are the same scientists that cause your "doomsday" mess, so if you want to point fingers at who is to blame, your own sources are the ones at fault. Of course you love the rich people who own the companies they support and want to see all poor people die off like they do, don't you?

Kitten, keep your stories straight. First, you say nothing is happening, now you want to blame the scientists because something is happening.

And for someone that claims to understand how science works, you have yet to post sites that support any of your drivel.

KK also is saying that she doesn't like people and doesn't mind if they die off, (in another thread), yet implies here that she wants to save them.

I am truly confused!

Thank you OR for bringing numbers to the discussion.

KK also is saying that she doesn't like people and doesn't mind if they die off, (in another thread), yet implies here that she wants to save them.

I am truly confused!

Thank you OR for bringing numbers to the discussion.

KK is confused too.

Forum List

Back