Nassau Cops: PTA Mom, Boy Found Half Naked In Car

Ah, the reductio ad absurdum argument.

It should first be said that there are significant differences between males and females when it comes to their conceptions of sexual activity. Since it's a sociobiological reality that males tend to view the physical aspect of sexual relations and females the emotional and romantic aspect, it is the case that females are more likely to be emotionally damaged by what they view as sexual trickery. Males are also physically stronger than females, and adolescent males are typically stronger than legal adult women.

That being said, I would not have had an objection to a legitimately consensual relationship between a 13 year old female and a 44 year old man.

Yes, I know you think that members of both sexes of that age are incapable of providing "consent." I would like to know on what basis you make that claim.
:rolleyes:
just the fact that you believe either sex at 13 is mature enough to give consent is proof enough to me you are a moron

As a parent of 3 teen boys, this is wrong. The jokes I find tasteless. Would you dare say the same if it was a girl. Because boys mature later than girls, this is even more disturbing. Just because it was a boy doesn't mean it didn't effect him.

They took him to the ER so they can do a rape kit. Her DNA was on him and they needed to collect it.

Male Sexual Abuse Victims of Female Perpetrators: Society's Betrayal of Boys

Breaking the last taboo: child sexual abuse by female perpetrators

Journal of Amer Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ncfv-cnivf/familyviolence/pdfs/whenteenageboys.pdf

For those of you that argued in the thread about abortion and the hypothetical girl dating a hypothetical 31 year old and saying that this isn't the same, you're a hypocrite.

As a parent of 3 teen boys, this is wrong. The jokes I find tasteless. Would you dare say the same if it was a girl. Because boys mature later than girls, this is even more disturbing. Just because it was a boy doesn't mean it didn't effect him.

They took him to the ER so they can do a rape kit. Her DNA was on him and they needed to collect it.

Male Sexual Abuse Victims of Female Perpetrators: Society's Betrayal of Boys

Breaking the last taboo: child sexual abuse by female perpetrators

Journal of Amer Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ncfv-cnivf/familyviolence/pdfs/whenteenageboys.pdf

For those of you that argued in the thread about abortion and the hypothetical girl dating a hypothetical 31 year old and saying that this isn't the same, you're a hypocrite.

I would like to apologize for my jokes. Angel Heart is right, if it would have been a 13 yo girl and a grown man I would have been fighting mad! I was just trying to lighten up things around here, but there are boys who are sexually abused by women too. I'm sure it's just as traumatic for them too.

Sorry.

I would like to apologize for my jokes. Angel Heart is right, if it would have been a 13 yo girl and a grown man I would have been fighting mad! I was just trying to lighten up things around here, but there are boys who are sexually abused by women too. I'm sure it's just as traumatic for them too.

Sorry.

Heck the only trauma for this kid was the cops butting in! The fact is that males like to fuck and as adolescents they're ready to fuck just about anything, anywhere, anytime. Of course it's different for a 13 year old male being seduced by a 40 year old woman than it is for a 13 year old female being seduced by a 40 year old man, that's because male sexuality is different from female sexuality. Honestly the bullshit about "trauma" for this kid is ridiculous.

no, i dont need any more to know you are a moron

Don't make me laugh. You asserted that young adolescents lacked maturity and competence, and I asked you to provide a basis for those beliefs. You were evidently unable to do so, so I will provide a basis for my own beliefs that they do not, as I have before.

My contention is that, contrary to popular belief, the commonly accepted claim that adolescents are incapable of exercising rational judgment abilities is not an indisputably correct one. Supporters of this position frequently cite studies conducted with the use of magnetic resonance imaging or functional magnetic resonance imaging that illustrate that the teenage brain is “underdeveloped,” and that adolescents are thus often incapable of making rational or well informed decisions about significant issues. Yet, as Dr. Robert Epstein, former editor of Psychology Today, notes in an article published in Scientific American Mind, thought there is some semblance of a correlation between adolescence and brain development illustrated in these scans, there is no evidence of causation by a natural stage of adolescence. His chief counter-argument references the fact that adolescents have been severely infantilized in modern society, in contrast to the important adult role they played in past times, and it may be this factor that has led to the lack of brain development so commonly assumed to be a natural byproduct of adolescence. As such, it would not be intellectually honest to declare the infallibility of these scans just yet.

There are several studies that have been conducted on the basis of measuring the actual competency of adolescents to make informed decisions, as opposed to highly speculative guesswork based on snapshots of the brain.

An important one is that of Lois A. Weithorn and Susan B. Campbell, which tested four groups of people, aged 9, 14, 18, and 21. The study, entitled The Competency of Children and Adolescents to Make Informed Treatment Decisions, came to the conclusion that 14 year olds were capable of making medical decisions with a level of competence equivalent to that of legal adults. As partially summarized by Weithorn and Campbell:

"In general, minors aged 14 were found to demonstrate a level of competency equivalent to that of adults, according to four standards of competency (evidence of choice, reasonable outcome, rational reasons, and understanding), and for four hypothetical dilemmas (diabetes, epilepsy, depression and enuresis.)…The findings of this research do not lend support to policies which deny adolescents the right of self-determination in treatment situations on the basis of a presumption of incapacity to provide informed consent. The ages of eighteen or twenty-one as the “cutoffs” below which individuals are presumed to be incompetent to make determinations about their own welfare do not reflect the psychological capacities of most adolescents."

The earlier study of researchers Grisso and Vierling, Minors’ Consent to Treatment: A Developmental Perspective, came to a similar conclusion, the authors stating that “existing evidence provides no legal assumption that minors aged 15 years and above cannot provide competent consent.”

Researchers Bruce Ambuel and Julian Rappaport discovered similar results in a study intended to specifically focus on this topic, entitled Developmental trends in adolescents' psychological and legal competence to consent to abortion. The study confirmed the fact that the rational judgment and decision making capacities of adolescents, (particularly those at or beyond mid-adolescence), were often on par with those of adults.

In a wide-ranging review of the developmental literature on adolescents’ abilities to make rational decisions about medical treatment, researchers Kuther and Posada confirmed that, “the literature in developmental psychology has shown that adolescents are able to make meaningful decisions and advocates for youth have argued that researchers must respect the autonomy rights of children and adolescents,” thus confirming the legitimacy and validity of the previous studies to a great degree.

Heck the only trauma for this kid was the cops butting in! The fact is that males like to fuck and as adolescents they're ready to fuck just about anything, anywhere, anytime. Of course it's different for a 13 year old male being seduced by a 40 year old woman than it is for a 13 year old female being seduced by a 40 year old man, that's because male sexuality is different from female sexuality. Honestly the bullshit about "trauma" for this kid is ridiculous.

I can't say that this kid has had trauma or not. To say he doesn't just because he's a he isn't right. If he does, he's less likely to open up about it and deal with it head on. If not dealt with it can be something he'll destroy his life over.

I can't say that this kid has had trauma or not. To say he doesn't just because he's a he isn't right. If he does, he's less likely to open up about it and deal with it head on. If not dealt with it can be something he'll destroy his life over.
whos to say how this will effect every future relationship he tries to have?

even still, this is a case of an adult that should know better, taking advantage of a minor that is just starting to go through puberty

and that alone is criminal

Forum List

Back