Nasarawa gas explosion: death toll rises to 14

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Fourteen people have been confirmed dead from the gas explosion in Lafia, the Nasarawa state capital and victims with severe injuries were transferred to national hospital for additional medical services.
Nasarawa gas explosion: death toll rises to 14 – Daily Trust

Ok. I have read multiple versions of this story. What I don't understand is how it happened and why it is that they want gas stations outside the city. Is it the structures themselves? Somebody smoking cigarettes?

I should not have had that last burrito...

Oh. Sorry.

A lot of those happen because of lax (DOH) safety regulations and carelessness around flammable material. I remember when a sugar plant exploded down here, some guy lit up in the middle of a huge cloud of sugar dust. Kaboom. Dixie or Diamond Sugar, don't remember.

Fourteen people have been confirmed dead from the gas explosion in Lafia, the Nasarawa state capital and victims with severe injuries were transferred to national hospital for additional medical services.
Nasarawa gas explosion: death toll rises to 14 – Daily Trust

Ok. I have read multiple versions of this story. What I don't understand is how it happened and why it is that they want gas stations outside the city. Is it the structures themselves? Somebody smoking cigarettes?

Well, Nigeria has a massively level of corruption. People might have been trying to steal gas, it might just have be faulty equipment, plenty of reasons, and you probably won't find out the real unofficial version.

Forum List

Back