NASA Releases Interactive Panoramic View Of Mars

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
This is really cool.... The picture quality is beautiful.

0d694dad.jpg

MARS Greeley Haven 360 Panorama

This is curiosity

highresnavcampics.jpg

That's 360 isn't the new rover
Greeley Haven Mars

This is the latest panorama released by NASA July 2012. It was assembled from 817 images taken between Dec. 21, 2011, and May 8, 2012, while Opportunity was stationed on an outcrop informally named 'Greeley Haven'. on a segment of the rim of ancient Endeavour Crater.

Read more: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2012-196

Last edited:
I was captivated by the tire tracks left by the rover... they just go off into the distance.

Another thought I had is that the rover will be on Mars long after we have gone extinct... along with all the traces of human life here on earth... they will all be gone and that rover will still be there on the red planet.

Maybe I am just tired and am putting entirely too much thought into it :eusa_shifty:

wow~~the panoramic photo is amazing and attracting! i wanna do this too. may i ask a question? if i have some pictures about aerials and i have panorama maker, can i make panoramic photo like yours?? i wanna have a photo stitching software to teach me how to stitch photos too...i think the effect is 3d panorama will be more wonderful.

Forum List

Back